Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Alan Ball (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96382)

Fili 11-22-2012 04:26 PM

Alan Ball

He had his good and bad moments. Better than what I thought would happen.

Norg 11-22-2012 04:29 PM

Re: Alan Ball

he went up with the BEST WR in the NFL ill say again the BEST WR in the ""NFL"" freaking Megatron just a Beast/monster of a WR physicaly

and did "good"

TheMatrix31 11-22-2012 04:29 PM

That guy needs to GTFO.

Come back soon, Johnathan.

PapaL 11-22-2012 04:31 PM

I thought he was in position MOST of the time. The Megatron TD, no one...NO ONE could have covered it better. Ball isn't a ProBowler but he more than held his own today.

JCTexan 11-22-2012 04:31 PM

Ball covering CJ was terrible. Jackson is the #2 CB on this team and he should have been on Johnson the entire game. And by saying terrible I mean on Wade Phillips.

76Texan 11-22-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fili (Post 2063985)
He had his good and bad moments. Better than what I thought would happen.

Pretty much sum It up right there!
Msr

76Texan 11-22-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCTexan (Post 2064000)
Ball covering CJ was terrible. Jackson is the #2 CB on this team and he should have been on Johnson the entire game. And by saying terrible I mean on Wade Phillips.

That strategy was agreeable with one of our good residential members, Rey.
When he first mentioned it last year, it makes a lot of sense to me.
Maybe we should have shown our attention a bit clearer at the beginning of the play to make Stafford spent 1/10 of a sec longer before making a decision.
Just maybe

Marcus 11-22-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norg (Post 2063993)
he went up with the BEST WR in the NFL ill say again the BEST WR in the ""NFL"" freaking Megatron just a Beast/monster of a WR physicaly

and did "good"

That's what I thought. What were some of you expecting?

ThaJokaa 11-22-2012 04:48 PM

KJac went up against him in the 2nd half, he didnt put up those #s on him

kiwitexansfan 11-22-2012 04:48 PM

Does Wade play left and right CBs rather than matchup based?

Seems Kareem is always on the defensive right and Joseph on the left when I get to watch them.

If that is the system, best keep the system in place rather than muck around with it.

run-david-run 11-22-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan (Post 2064015)
Does Wade play left and right CBs rather than matchup based?

Seems Kareem is always on the defensive right and Joseph on the left when I get to watch them.

If that is the system, best keep the system in place rather than muck around with it.

CBs play a side of the field unless we feel the need to have JoJo on a particularly dangerous receiver. Had he been healthy, he would have been on Johnson all game, as he has been on Thomas against Denver and Smith against Baltimore (and in the general vicinity of but not on Jordy Nelson against Green Bay).

PapaL 11-22-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by run-david-run (Post 2064023)
CBs play a side of the field unless we feel the need to have JoJo on a particularly dangerous receiver. Had he been healthy, he would have been on Johnson all game, as he has been on Thomas against Denver and Smith against Baltimore (and in the general vicinity of but not on Jordy Nelson against Green Bay).

:clap: Bravo :clap:

EllisUnit 11-22-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCTexan (Post 2064000)

I guess that should tell us something..............just saying

EllisUnit 11-22-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaJokaa (Post 2064014)
KJac went up against him in the 2nd half, he didnt put up those #s on him

not the whole 2nd half. KJ only went against him mainly after ball got hurt and harris came into the game.

infantrycak 11-22-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllisUnit (Post 2064179)
not the whole 2nd half. KJ only went against him mainly after ball got hurt and harris came into the game.

It was almost the whole 2nd half. CJ had less than 40 yards in the 2nd half. Most of that came on an about 25 yd out in front of KJ early in the half. After that CJ was pretty much done.

Corrosion 11-22-2012 07:51 PM

I thought Ball played a pretty damn good game , As Papal said - No one could have covered that TD reception any better. He was an inch away from breaking up that play.

infantrycak 11-22-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrosion (Post 2064260)
I thought Ball played a pretty damn good game , As Papal said - No one could have covered that TD reception any better. He was an inch away from breaking up that play.

I agree with you generally and especially on the TD play. But, KJ played CJ enough tighter that Stafford chose not to even throw at him much.

EllisUnit 11-22-2012 08:09 PM

i was wondering if they were ever gonna start double covering CJ. I mean lord have mercy i wouldnt be so worried with 1 on 1 with jo jo but i didnt see much help from the safties to start the game. HOWEVER in the 2nd half i saw manning helping with CJ nearly every play.

kiwitexansfan 11-22-2012 08:10 PM

I think we have arrived at a point in time when KJ is considered good, not just in comparison to Ball but good in general.

Dude must be mentally tough to have come this far after the flaming he got early on.

thunderkyss 11-22-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllisUnit (Post 2064179)

It was the whole 2nd half. Ball was getting burned by their other receivers. Kj was on Cj from the beginning of the third Qtr to the end of OT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrosion (Post 2064260)

Even when he got moved to the other receivers, he was still getting beat.