Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Owen vs Garrett Graham snaps (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96362)

JamesBill 11-21-2012 02:50 PM

Owen vs Garrett Graham snaps
 
With the thursday game plus OT vs the Jags, do you think #88 will continue to get the majority of TE snaps over Owen? Lower back is an injury that really requires rest AND one that can get worse in a hurry.

What about working Martin and Jean more to keep Andre healthy?

I will be watching with Cowboy fans and Texan haters so I want them to win, but not at the cost of either of those guys missing more time.

drs23 11-21-2012 03:03 PM

Re: Owen vs Garrett Graham snaps
 
I think Graham will continue to get more looks. Not necessarily because OD needs the rest but because he's stepped up and earned the playing time. When he's been looked to he's come up big. That will be rewarded by Schaub trusting him and Kubiak putting him on the field.

guichows6 11-21-2012 03:52 PM

Re: Owen vs Garrett Graham snaps
 
Graham looks like a young owen daniels lite

Corrosion 11-21-2012 04:35 PM

Re: Owen vs Garrett Graham snaps
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drs23 (Post 2062402)
I think Graham will continue to get more looks. Not necessarily because OD needs the rest but because he's stepped up and earned the playing time. When he's been looked to he's come up big. That will be rewarded by Schaub trusting him and Kubiak putting him on the field.

I support this statement ... Graham has come up big on several occasions this season and earned more opportunities..

thunderkyss 11-21-2012 04:57 PM

Re: Owen vs Garrett Graham snaps
 
What happened to Casey? He's never let us down has he? Why isn't he getting more "inolved"?

You would think this would be a dynamic offense with Andre, Walter, Owen, Graham, & Casey. All competent dependable receivers. Andre & ODs ability to get YAC makes them dangerous. If Graham shows that he can also get yards after the catch, I'm fine with him getting more catches.

But this is a 2 TE system, so I don't think it's an either or thing. It really throws defenses off when both TEs release & Casey also gets into it.

Then there's that Foster guy....

TheMatrix31 11-21-2012 05:19 PM

Re: Owen vs Garrett Graham snaps
 
Graham has definitely eased the pain of losing Dreesen.

EllisUnit 11-21-2012 05:22 PM

Re: Owen vs Garrett Graham snaps
 
I saw Jean on the field quite a bit Vs the Jags, although it was pretty ,uch all running plays when he was in.

JamesBill 11-21-2012 05:41 PM

Re: Owen vs Garrett Graham snaps
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 (Post 2062455)
Graham has definitely eased the pain of losing Dreesen.

Agreed, I have no Dreessen withdrawl. Not that I put #88 up to his level yet. That might be biased because of how many great catches we saw Dreessen make.

EllisUnit 11-21-2012 05:45 PM

Re: Owen vs Garrett Graham snaps
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesBill (Post 2062466)
Agreed, I have no Dreessen withdrawl. Not that I put #88 up to his level yet. That might be biased because of how many great catches we saw Dreessen make.

None as great as Grahams tipped pass to himself

76Texan 11-21-2012 11:37 PM

Re: Owen vs Garrett Graham snaps
 
According to Football Outsiders, O.D. was in on 77 offensive snaps; Graham 46.

IDEXAN 11-22-2012 06:33 AM

Re: Owen vs Garrett Graham snaps
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiddler (Post 2062449)
What happened to Casey? He's never let us down has he? Why isn't he getting more "inolved"?

Casey is having a good year, but so far because of his inability to simultaneously play 2 different positions he has not played too much TE because he's our starting FB.

Trail.Blazr 11-22-2012 07:04 AM

Re: Owen vs Garrett Graham snaps
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by EllisUnit (Post 2062457)
I saw Jean on the field quite a bit Vs the Jags, although it was pretty ,uch all running plays when he was in.

Jean is our superbowl secret weapon. After a year of him being a pretty much run play guy, we'll roll him out for a couple of big plays in NO, where the other team(SanFran?) will have no clue what hit them.:shocked

thunderkyss 11-22-2012 07:26 AM

Re: Owen vs Garrett Graham snaps
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IDEXAN (Post 2062585)
Casey is having a good year, but so far because of his inability to simultaneously play 2 different positions he has not played too much TE because he's our starting FB.

I think his best game to date has been at the FB position. He caught plenty of balls & there are plenty to catch out of the FB position.

Exascor 11-22-2012 07:47 AM

Re: Owen vs Garrett Graham snaps
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IDEXAN (Post 2062585)
Casey is having a good year, but so far because of his inability to simultaneously play 2 different positions he has not played too much TE because he's our starting FB.

He needs to work on this more in practice. All the best players can simultaneously play 2 positions. He really must be slacking off. :bat:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger