Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   ILB Darryl Sharpton to start against Lions (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96351)

Fili 11-21-2012 09:55 AM

ILB Darryl Sharpton to start against Lions
 
Quote:

Texans inside linebacker Darryl Sharpton will start on Thursday at the Detroit Lions.
Sharpton, who had seven tackles on Sunday in his first game off the Physically Unable to Perform list, will play at Mo linebacker on the weakside. Tim Dobbins, who has started the last four games, will be a game-time decision because of a shoulder injury. Bradie James will continue to start at Mike linebacker on the strongside.
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...3-fa5ab6a4ce8d

Say Watt 11-21-2012 09:57 AM

Re: ILB Darryl Sharpton to start against Lions
 
Cool. I'm excited to see what he can do.

El Tejano 11-21-2012 10:02 AM

Re: ILB Darryl Sharpton to start against Lions
 
Am I wrong in thinking that this had something to do with how bad we looked defensively this past Sunday? I'm basing this on how bad we looked when we had to replace Cushing that week we played Green Bay.

Say Watt 11-21-2012 10:12 AM

Re: ILB Darryl Sharpton to start against Lions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by El Tejano (Post 2062259)
Am I wrong in thinking that this had something to do with how bad we looked defensively this past Sunday? I'm basing this on how bad we looked when we had to replace Cushing that week we played Green Bay.

I think you are right.

El Tejano 11-21-2012 10:17 AM

Re: ILB Darryl Sharpton to start against Lions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Say Watt (Post 2062267)
I think you are right.

After giving it some thought I noticed the similarities that took place in how players were wide open. It seemed as though we had to bring the safety down more to help out. I haven't really looked at any film but I find it peculiar how the only two times our defense looked bad was when we had to replace that Mo Linebacker spot. Only problem is, Dobbins got a week to correct it, Sharpton is only getting like two days.

76Texan 11-21-2012 10:51 AM

Re: ILB Darryl Sharpton to start against Lions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by El Tejano (Post 2062269)
After giving it some thought I noticed the similarities that took place in how players were wide open. It seemed as though we had to bring the safety down more to help out. I haven't really looked at any film but I find it peculiar how the only two times our defense looked bad was when we had to replace that Mo Linebacker spot. Only problem is, Dobbins got a week to correct it, Sharpton is only getting like two days.

I don't think so, EJ.

True, Sharpston missed an assignment in the end zone and gave them an easy TD there.
He needs to correct that, but it was his only real blemish of the game.

But a bunch of their passes were caught in double team or more, with the exception of the catch and run by Shorts on KJ and the 39yd catch in the middle by Blackmon (also on KJ).
On the first one, we wanted to bring a zero-coverage blitz.
One the second one, we had the safeties in coverage, but somebody messed up their assignment.

So, I don't see any problem with the Mo, not a huge one anyway.

IDEXAN 11-21-2012 11:04 AM

Re: ILB Darryl Sharpton to start against Lions
 
I think it's fair to say that Sharptons return to producitve form is quicker and more successful than anybody could have hoped for ? That is to say, once he finally got back on the field because he did have some issues during recovery/rehab that definitely delayed his return. But first game back he did
very well considering everything IMO.

badboy 11-21-2012 11:12 AM

Re: ILB Darryl Sharpton to start against Lions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by El Tejano (Post 2062259)
Am I wrong in thinking that this had something to do with how bad we looked defensively this past Sunday? I'm basing this on how bad we looked when we had to replace Cushing that week we played Green Bay.

perhaps but it does say Dobbin injured his shoulder...This game should be good for Sharpton to prove his worth. Hopefuly, he can go into coverage well also.

CloakNNNdagger 11-21-2012 11:29 AM

Re: ILB Darryl Sharpton to start against Lions
 
Before everyone gets too excited about tackles and such, remember who we played. This week, our secondary are probably not going to be playing in, to be helping the ILBs and essentially funneling in plays to the ILBs........they're going to be too busy covering the receivers of the #1 passing offense in the league (especially if our front line rush looks a poor as it has lately). The ILBs are going to work hard for their money and stats......and be tested to show their stuff in both rush and pass defense.

HOU-TEX 11-21-2012 11:38 AM

Re: ILB Darryl Sharpton to start against Lions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 2062310)
Before everyone gets too excited about tackles and such, remember who we played. This week, our secondary are probably not going to be playing in, to be helping the ILBs and essentially funneling in plays to the ILBs........they're going to be too busy covering the receivers of the #1 passing offense in the league (especially if our front line rush looks a poor as it has lately). The ILBs are going to work hard for their money and stats......and be tested to show their stuff in both rush and pass defense.

Yup, the Lions have two pretty good TEs in Pettigrew and Scheffler

76Texan 11-21-2012 11:53 AM

Re: ILB Darryl Sharpton to start against Lions
 
I don't think we're "too" excited :)
Like Idexan said, it was a positive return by Sharpston.
For a guy who's been out of football for that long, he did as well as we can hope for.

He still needs to show that he can sustain his progress and not going back to the tube again! http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/ima...ons/icon10.gif

ChampionTexan 11-21-2012 11:59 AM

Re: ILB Darryl Sharpton to start against Lions
 
Without taking anything for granted in regard to either the Lions, or the Titans, here's hoping that by the time we play the Pats, Sharpton can shake off most of the rust and Dobbins can get himself upgraded from gametime decision to at least probable. It's still not like having Cushing in the lineup, but it's not bad, and right now it's the best we're gonna get.

76Texan 11-21-2012 12:06 PM

Re: ILB Darryl Sharpton to start against Lions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChampionTexan (Post 2062332)
Without taking anything for granted in regard to either the Lions, or the Titans, here's hoping that by the time we play the Pats, Sharpton can shake off most of the rust and Dobbins can get himself upgraded from gametime decision to at least probable. It's still not like having Cushing in the lineup, but it's not bad, and right now it's the best we're gonna get.

Agree! :bender:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger