Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Block in the back on Justin B. TD (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96317)

JamesBill 11-19-2012 04:10 AM

Block in the back on Justin B. TD
 
Not that it matters but I searched the game thread and saw no mention of the obvious (to me) block in the back on number 81 (for the Jags) that took McCain out of the play. I think Brice could have taken him down because #15 was caught from behind on a previous reception.

Am I alone on this? Seemed obvious to me.

Not complaining, even though I think the game was not well called it either evened out or even leaned towards the Texans, but this seemed an obvious miss. #81 even looked back after the TD looking for flags.

BullNation4Life 11-19-2012 07:20 AM

Re: Block in the back on Justin B. TD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesBill (Post 2060983)
Not that it matters but I searched the game thread and saw no mention of the obvious (to me) block in the back on number 81 (for the Jags) that took McCain out of the play. I think Brice could have taken him down because #15 was caught from behind on a previous reception.

Am I alone on this? Seemed obvious to me.

Not complaining, even though I think the game was not well called it either evened out or even leaned towards the Texans, but this seemed an obvious miss. #81 even looked back after the TD looking for flags.

No you are correct, Robinson, 81, pushed McCain in the back and it was a missed call. Happens...

Dread-Head 11-19-2012 09:00 AM

Re: Block in the back on Justin B. TD
 
I saw the play in question and thought it was utter BULL I$HT. I love how refs see what they want to see.

ThaJokaa 11-19-2012 09:07 AM

Re: Block in the back on Justin B. TD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dread-Head (Post 2061066)
I saw the play in question and thought it was utter BULL I$HT. I love how refs see what they want to see.

I saw it, I was pissed. Also the 2nd face mask penalty on Foster that they missed

76Texan 11-19-2012 09:07 AM

Re: Block in the back on Justin B. TD
 
Saw it at the time. Knew it's going to be a high scoring affair. Didn't sweat about it. Late in the fourth quarter I even told my wife "looks like this one is going to OT". It may be a conspiracy about Vegas but this is far from the first time I've seen it.

dream_team 11-19-2012 12:38 PM

Re: Block in the back on Justin B. TD
 
I watched the game at a bar, so no audio. Can someone explain to me the Arian fumble. It looked like once the Jags player recovered the fumble, his back & butt was out of bounds. Did I miss something?

Dread-Head 11-19-2012 12:39 PM

Re: Block in the back on Justin B. TD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaJokaa (Post 2061070)
I saw it, I was pissed. Also the 2nd face mask penalty on Foster that they missed


Preaching to the choir rev....

Allstar 11-19-2012 12:39 PM

Re: Block in the back on Justin B. TD
 
Meh.

Joeycharp89 11-19-2012 12:44 PM

Re: Block in the back on Justin B. TD
 
Saw it, was wondering why it wasn't mentioned, even by the commentators. Of course, those two seemed kind of clueless. It was completely blatant and it was right next to the play.

drs23 11-19-2012 01:39 PM

Re: Block in the back on Justin B. TD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joeycharp89 (Post 2061235)
Saw it, was wondering why it wasn't mentioned, even by the commentators. Of course, those two seemed kind of clueless. It was completely blatant and it was right next to the play.

I think it's because we got stuck with the Texans hatin' Tasker. First time he's called a game for us this season and he ain't changed a bit. He's the #1 Texan hater booth guy there in IMO. Can't stand to hear his voice or see his mug in the booth at a Texans game. D'bag.

noxiousdog 11-19-2012 01:47 PM

Re: Block in the back on Justin B. TD
 
The refs didn't want to blow their whistles all day.

There were 90 passes and not a single holding call - offensive or defensive.

One of the long runs by Parmalee was the result of a blatant hold on Mercilus. I'd be shocked if we weren't getting away with stuff all day too, because Schaub was amazingly clean for the number of times he dropped back.

Big Lou 11-19-2012 01:54 PM

Re: Block in the back on Justin B. TD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesBill (Post 2060983)
Not that it matters but I searched the game thread and saw no mention of the obvious (to me) block in the back on number 81 (for the Jags) that took McCain out of the play. I think Brice could have taken him down because #15 was caught from behind on a previous reception.

Am I alone on this? Seemed obvious to me.

Not complaining, even though I think the game was not well called it either evened out or even leaned towards the Texans, but this seemed an obvious miss. #81 even looked back after the TD looking for flags.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...&postcount=542

I commented on it, I was about to break the damn TV. A couple of other people commented, it was blatant, but probably not called because the Ref figured McCain wouldn't catch up.

Big Lou 11-19-2012 01:56 PM

Re: Block in the back on Justin B. TD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dream_team (Post 2061227)
I watched the game at a bar, so no audio. Can someone explain to me the Arian fumble. It looked like once the Jags player recovered the fumble, his back & butt was out of bounds. Did I miss something?

Probably felt there wasn't enough to overturn the call on the field.

JamesBill 11-19-2012 02:05 PM

Re: Block in the back on Justin B. TD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Lou (Post 2061288)
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...&postcount=542

I commented on it, I was about to break the damn TV. A couple of other people commented, it was blatant, but probably not called because the Ref figured McCain wouldn't catch up.

ah i see, it was a little hard to search the thread. I am listening to the podcast of the Matt and Adam 790 show and some guy called in with the same thing at 7, so that was funny.

I disagree with your post though, I think they could have brought him down.

hookinreds 11-19-2012 07:46 PM

Re: Block in the back on Justin B. TD
 
I was so pissed when I saw this. I paused the game and rewinded it adn paused it at the point of the push in the back. It's amazing that they didn't call that.

Texan_Bill 11-19-2012 07:51 PM

Re: Block in the back on Justin B. TD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dread-Head (Post 2061066)
I saw the play in question and thought it was utter BULL I$HT. I love how refs see what they want to see.

While I definitely agree with you my brother, we as fans also see what we wanna see, too. I'm not saying that in this particular case that the refs missed it but you know dayum well we (as fans) see things differently too. In your immortal words: "Vugg it!" :pirate:

Specnatz 11-20-2012 12:10 AM

Re: Block in the back on Justin B. TD
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 2061514)
While I definitely agree with you my brother, we as fans also see what we wanna see, too. I'm not saying that in this particular case that the refs missed it but you know dayum well we (as fans) see things differently too. In your immortal words: "Vugg it!" :pirate:

It was not called cause it was going to be a TD, other wise there would have been the obligatory late flag.

Scooter 11-20-2012 12:23 AM

Re: Block in the back on Justin B. TD
 
it was in the back, but not enough so IMO to call. had the ref's called the game tight to that point i might change my stance, but as it was they were consistent in letting most things go. we got beat on the play, mccain chasing got pushed MOSTLY in the back, and they scored. i put this on the defense for missing another tackle in the secondary - to ask for the refs to bail us out by calling back a touchdown on a somewhat questionable call is too much in my opinion.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger