Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   The WR position (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96313)

mexican_texan 11-18-2012 08:08 PM

The WR position

Is anyone else worried about the WR corps we have on the team? I thought LeStar Jean would at least come close to Jacoby's production, but I saw him make one play today and little else.

I'm happy that Keshawn Martin stepped up today, the kinds of returns he made are what we've been missing this season and he's slowly gaining Schaub's trust and a place in this offense. However, he hasn't been the guy we've been wanting, a speedy receiver who could stretch the field and take pressure off AJ.

Also, I love AJ. 10th season and still a beast.

http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-5k9dpy.gif

ThaJokaa 11-18-2012 08:13 PM

Re: The WR position

Well LeStar was hurt, and they limit his snaps from what I can tell.

hradhak 11-18-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mexican_texan (Post 2060823)
Is anyone else worried about the WR corps we have on the team? I thought LeStar Jean would at least come close to Jacoby's production, but I saw him make one play today and little else.

I'm happy that Keshawn Martin stepped up today, the kinds of returns he made are what we've been missing this season and he's slowly gaining Schaub's trust and a place in this offense. However, he hasn't been the guy we've been wanting, a speedy receiver who could stretch the field and take pressure off AJ.

Also, I love AJ. 10th season and still a beast.

Not to mention that Posey can't even get onto the field. I am wondering if we are going to get anything out of Jean. Martin shows some promise, but I was at the game and I saw him not get much separation on his corner. I'm hoping someone emerges from those 3. I'm giving them more of a leash since they have 2 good WRs ahead of them and a whole host of TEs who account for a large part of our offense.

Corrosion 11-18-2012 08:16 PM

After watching them go 5 wide and do what they wanted ..... Im not concerned with the WR spot at all.

Wouldnt mind drafting a guy early at the position to maybe take over for AJ in a year or two .... but Martin and Walter are solid enough behind AJ as #2 and #3 WR's.

The more I think about it , the more I believe the OL needs a premium pick than any other unit. (Tho a lot depends upon what they do with their own FA's.)

Texas1975 11-18-2012 08:19 PM

our WR's are doing a good job.... I mean you can't have All-Stars at EVERY position....

AJ = BEAST
Walters = gets it when we need him to
Martin = was very good today

PLUS

our TE's are like WR's.... in our offense anyway... so when you add
Daniels
Graham
Casey
to the list of receivers... we are doing pretty well....not to mention Adrian catching out of the backfield....

remember.. Schaub had a HUGE day. and Andre only caught 14 of those passes.....so SOMEONE is catching the others.... give the receivers a break!

Corrosion 11-18-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas1975 (Post 2060833)
our WR's are doing a good job.... I mean you can't have All-Stars at EVERY position....

AJ = BEAST
Walters = gets it when we need him to
Martin = was very good today

PLUS

our TE's are like WR's.... in our offense anyway... so when you add
Daniels
Graham
Casey
to the list of receivers... we are doing pretty well....not to mention Adrian catching out of the backfield....

remember.. Schaub had a HUGE day. and Andre only caught 14 of those passes.....so SOMEONE is catching the others.... give the receivers a break!

Yo Adrian! .... what the hell you doing in the Texans backfield ?!

Texas1975 11-18-2012 08:36 PM

HAHA... damn auto-correct

TexCanada 11-18-2012 08:39 PM

I'm not worried. We spread the ball around a lot and use our TEs like receivers. There just isn't enough of the ball to go around for everyone.

76Texan 11-18-2012 08:45 PM

KMart would have scored the winning TD if the CB didn't commit PI by holding him back. That was a nice route by Martin right there.

Corrosion 11-18-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 76Texan (Post 2060853)
KMart would have scored the winning TD if the CB didn't commit PI by holding him back. That was a nice route by Martin right there.

Yeah , he shook him outa his shoes .... Probably coulda called a facemask on the play too ....

Just nice to see that when they have to open it up , they have the ability to do so.

76Texan 11-18-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrosion (Post 2060859)
Yeah , he shook him outa his shoes .... Probably coulda called a facemask on the play too ....

Just nice to see that when they have to open it up , they have the ability to do so.

Yule Yule. Teams like the Pats aren't so hot in pass defense. If we need to we can go all day with them.

BTW, I noticed McCourty was moved to safety against the Colts.

Thorn 11-18-2012 09:07 PM

I'd rather see send spend a high pick on an O lineman than a reciever.

EllisUnit 11-18-2012 09:16 PM

Funny that this thread cpomes out after schaub passes for the 2nd highest yaradge total in NFL history.

vupac1 11-18-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 76Texan (Post 2060862)
Yule Yule. Teams like the Pats aren't so hot in pass defense. If we need to we can go all day with them.

Because they just picked up Talib

Corrosion 11-18-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrosion (Post 2060832)

The more I think about it , the more I believe the OL needs a premium pick than any other unit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 2060867)
I'd rather see send spend a high pick on an O lineman than a reciever.

^^ Those guy's are smart^^ :corrosion:

hot pickle 11-18-2012 10:18 PM

I have a feeling that Posey will be a decent player yet, maybe towards the end of the year or next season, we have a lot of really young WR's and are learning the trade from one of the best. I would like to see the texans pick up a solid #2 yet

EllisUnit 11-18-2012 10:30 PM

I would like to see jean get more snaps. I like what I see from him and think he has big play ability, would like to see him play an entire game with the #1s. I bet he would surprise a lot of people

drs23 11-18-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllisUnit (Post 2060921)
I would like to see jean get more snaps. I like what I see from him and think he has big play ability, would like to see him play an entire game with the #1s. I bet he would surprise a lot of people

I think he would as well if he can just get and stay healthy.

76Texan 11-18-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrosion (Post 2060859)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 76Texan (Post 2060862)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vupac1 (Post 2060903)
Because they just picked up Talib

All I know is that a poster with SN said that when a team moves a first round CB to safety, that guy is a bust :)

Wolf6151 11-19-2012 01:17 AM

I think a WR taken high in next years draft should be a priority. AJ is a beast but he's getting older, has become more of a possession receiver, and doesn't get alot of yards after the catch like he used to. Walter is a very good possession receiver, very good blocker, but not real athletic and also not much yac, and getting older. I really like Martin in the slot, he's learning, but I think he'll work out nicely and be just fine in the slot for years to come. Jean has potential but in 2 yrs. hasn't shown us anything consistent, can't stay healthy, and Posey just seems like a wasted pick. Some early round talent would be nice in next years draft to compete with Walter at #2 WR with potential to become a #1.