Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Gut Check Game.....Good for us (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96305)

Hervoyel 11-18-2012 04:16 PM

Gut Check Game.....Good for us

Has anyone else read the opinion that's been kicked around that the Texans haven't come back on anybody or had to win any games with last second drives/late heroics? I have seen that stated a couple of times online but can't remember where so don't expect a link. What I'm saying is that I agreed with those opinions and was wondering when we'd see the team pull it together and come back on someone or win in a tight game. I didn't expect it from the Jaguars (Outstanding game by the way Jaguars. Bravo!) but I knew it was coming and it was needed.

Games like these and last week against Chicago make football teams believe they can beat anybody and come back in any situation. This was a scary game but good for us in the long run.

ziggy29 11-18-2012 04:18 PM

Re: Gut Check Game.....Good for us

Good teams find ways to win games even when they have a subpar performance. Bad teams find ways to lose games they should have won.

Good teams know how to finish. Good teams know how to take advantage of teams who don't know how to finish. Texans fans were on the wrong end of that for too many years; it feels nice to be on the other side...

76Texan 11-18-2012 04:18 PM

Agree.
Go Texans!

Showtime100 11-18-2012 04:21 PM

I'm a Texan. Rey missed a great effort by Houston.

ArlingtonTexan 11-18-2012 04:28 PM

My favorite part was on the last play off the game, the two Young olmen well down field blocking after the texans had used something approaching 100 snaps of the ball.

GP 11-18-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan (Post 2060589)
My favorite part was on the last play off the game, the two Young olmen well down field blocking after the texans had used something approaching 100 snaps of the ball.

Newton and Jones, right?

Yeah, the Jags blew the playcall decision badly. When two OL are that far down the field, you know you just aced the test right there.

I knew as soon as that ball was thrown we were straight money. I was yelling "Go to your home! Go to your hooome!"

Remember when the Rams did that to us in overtime a long time ago? WR screen and he took it to the house. Game over. Nice to be on the other side of those tracks for a change.

hradhak 11-18-2012 04:43 PM

Was that our first wr screen of the season? That was a great playcall.

This is a game that the tean will look to when playing in the playoffs and say we are good and we can beat anybody

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

TexCanada 11-18-2012 04:44 PM

Was definitely good for this group of guys to have this experience. Next time, however, we should really just hit the game winning FG in regulation. Or finish the drive in OT. Or hold them in OT after the FG...

What a game.

ThaJokaa 11-18-2012 05:07 PM

Newton and #60 (Jones maybe)

http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-5k9dpy.gif

PapaL 11-18-2012 05:10 PM

Manning says it was a Nut Check type of game for him
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/17...oustonnuts.gif

ObsiWan 11-18-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hervoyel (Post 2060560)
Has anyone else read the opinion that's been kicked around that the Texans haven't come back on anybody or had to win any games with last second drives/late heroics? I have seen that stated a couple of times online but can't remember where so don't expect a link. What I'm saying is that I agreed with those opinions and was wondering when we'd see the team pull it together and come back on someone or win in a tight game. I didn't expect it from the Jaguars (Outstanding game by the way Jaguars. Bravo!) but I knew it was coming and it was needed.

Games like these and last week against Chicago make football teams believe they can beat anybody and come back in any situation. This was a scary game but good for us in the long run.

of course there will still be naysayers with the "Yeah, but it was just the Jags..."

to them I will answer, "up yours".

Playoffs 11-18-2012 05:13 PM

Re: Gut Check ...

Good teams win ugly games.

That was ugly.

Specnatz 11-18-2012 05:18 PM

Re: Gut Check ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2060669)
Good teams win ugly games.

That was ugly.

Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield

"All the good teams find a way to win, no matter if it's ugly or pretty or whatever." @johnson80 #Texans

:texflag:

PapaL 11-18-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObsiWan (Post 2060668)
of course there will still be naysayers with the "Yeah, but it was just the Jags..."

to them I will answer, "up yours".

I'm a firm believer that records don't mean much in division play.These teams know each other inside and out.

False Start 11-18-2012 05:24 PM

Pancakes...

Quote:

John McClain
‏@McClain_on_NFL
The Texans are putrid on both sides of the ball. Coaches did a terrible job getting them ready to play. Players are horrible.
:mariopalm: :lol:

Great game, we faced some adversity, and found a way to win.

GlassHalfFull 11-18-2012 06:08 PM

I hate McClain.

Andre just decided he wanted to finish the game. Tough game to watch, but we won which is all that matters in the end.

ATXtexanfan 11-18-2012 06:13 PM

Division games are tough, especially the second time around. We go to Tenn after after Detroit AND before new England

drs23 11-18-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull (Post 2060721)
I hate McClain.

Andre just decided he wanted to finish the game. Tough game to watch, but we won which is all that matters in the end.

You got that right Katie. I've got sore stomach muscles from being tense and my poor puppy is quivering from all my yelling.

Was great to see the Team tough it out and scratch for the W!

Nawzer 11-18-2012 06:21 PM

Couple of things I checked off on my list of things that Texans had to show to prove they were an elite team. One of them was the come from behind victory and the other one was can Matt Schaub lead a team from behind to victory. Both were answered rather emphatically today.

SheTexan 11-18-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull (Post 2060721)
I hate McClain.

Ditto!!! Bout had heart failure, but, our boys never quit!! AJ's TD was the icing on the cake! So proud of him and FOR him!! That burst of speed on that TD was a thing of beauty!!! Glad to see him back!!