Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Sick of seeing the Broncos (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96303)

ziggy29 11-18-2012 04:10 PM

Sick of seeing the Broncos

Again? Really? Do you really have to force Peyton Manning on us every week? Cripes, I feel like I live in the Rockies....

TEXANRED 11-18-2012 04:30 PM

Re: Sick of seeing the Broncos

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziggy29 (Post 2060540)
Again? Really? Do you really have to force Peyton Manning on us every week? Cripes, I feel like I live in the Rockies....

It's the Patriots/Colts here.

Hervoyel 11-18-2012 04:38 PM

Where Peyton goes the coverage follows. last season was actually kind of nice from my perspective. He wasn't playing so the league/network(s) weren't all on their knees in front of him every week. Even the commercials seemed to take it down a notch. I really enjoyed it. Now he's back and he's everywhere and that's not going to go away until he retires.

SCOTTexans 11-18-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hervoyel (Post 2060609)
until he retires.

Then the Media will talk about him every time there is a team with a QB controversy....:kitten:

Hervoyel 11-18-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCOTTexans (Post 2060637)
Then the Media will talk about him every time there is a team with a QB controversy....:kitten:

Heard much about Brett Favre this year? Me neither. Time pauses for no man.

PapaL 11-18-2012 07:12 PM

Peyton is an NFL icon. There aren't many like him, ever. I appreciate him now that he's not beating our asses twice a year. Guess I don't share the OP's gripe.

Wolf 11-18-2012 09:25 PM

I think the broncos might be the team to beat.their defense has been playing really really good.

I know that we beat them already,but they seem to be getting better and better.

Texecutioner 11-18-2012 09:36 PM

I share the OP's gripe, because the media and the majority of the fans have completely somehow forgotten and missed the real reason why the Broncos are winning this season and it's with great defense the last few weeks. The Broncos D is scary as hell. Their pass rush is insane. The Broncos were a playoff team last season with Tebow leading that team. Now their defense has gotten better and they added Manning. Manning is having a great season and all, but their defense seems to get no credit at all. I just keep hearing about Manning's great season though, and the media has hardly mentioned Tom BRady's great season in which his offense is leading the entire NFL in points by a pretty nice margin with the Texans in 2nd place. Rodgers is still having a kick ass year as well and so is Brees. ALl the media is talking about is Manning though.

thunderkyss 11-19-2012 07:50 AM

They are winning. If we are the best team in the AFC, they are easily the second best. Other than yesterday's game, we're not very exciting. The Broncos are.

Keeps the attention off of us, which I think is good.

I'm glad we played the Broncos when we did & I dread seeing them in the play-offs.

mootini 11-19-2012 08:20 AM

Broncos have won 5 games in a row. Don't worry about attention, win and everything follows. 1-9, in a small market, you get none! LOL Enjoy the fact the Texans are a really good team!

cuppacoffee 11-19-2012 08:38 AM

See / hear much about the Jets?

:coffee: