Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   special teams (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96297)

coltfan123 11-18-2012 02:24 PM

special teams

if you guys lose today the postive side is your special teams is looking alot better

Titans Sux 72 11-18-2012 05:23 PM

Returns were awesome. Looks like they turned the corner. The missed Fgs sucked but I think turning the return game around was a priority. Great job Martin.

coltfan123 11-18-2012 06:30 PM

Re: special teams

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titans Sux 72 (Post 2060681)
Returns were awesome. Looks like they turned the corner. The missed Fgs sucked but I think turning the return game around was a priority. Great job Martin.

you guys wearnt even blocking well..dude was like a ghost the jags thought they had him and then breaks 20 more yards:) sadly my colts getting stomped::(

Norg 11-18-2012 06:34 PM

Brain Barman is a FREAK

kiwitexansfan 11-18-2012 06:43 PM

Didn't get to see most of the game because I had to go to work so this is really encouraging to hear.

coltfan123 11-18-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan (Post 2060751)
Didn't get to see most of the game because I had to go to work so this is really encouraging to hear.

your punt returner was making good returns and almost made a return for a td

gwallaia 11-18-2012 06:50 PM

Keyshawn has to outrun the freaking punter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: good game Keyshawn

Corrosion 11-18-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coltfan123 (Post 2060019)
if you guys lose today the postive side is your special teams is looking alot better

Whats so special about Shayne Graham ?

coltfan123 11-18-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrosion (Post 2060767)

Personally i dont blame him 100%...he made the first one..would of been won but a untimly penalty

Corrosion 11-18-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coltfan123 (Post 2060772)
Personally i dont blame him 100%...he made the first one..would of been won but a untimly penalty

How bout the one he missed at the end of the first half .... hit the upright.

Make that one .... they dont need that second miss to win.

Playoffs 11-18-2012 07:20 PM

Coltfan should spend more time worrying about keeping Andrew Luck alive than our special teams.

coltfan123 11-18-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2060786)
Coltfan should spend more time worrying about keeping Andrew Luck alive than our special teams.

whos worrying?

Allstar 11-18-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2060786)

Coltfan has played nice, no need to bring up their ugly, ugly loss :)

coltfan123 11-18-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allstar (Post 2060792)

well if they play like that during patriots game going to be a ugly game for you guys too...besides texans talk is more entertaining then colts board:/

Corrosion 11-18-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allstar (Post 2060792)

Yeah he has .... Nice to have fans from other teams give input here .... Tho I wonder if Coltfan realizes the Texans special teams are worst in the league in a couple stats ....

As for Martins returns , I was thinking about how good the decisions he made the last couple weeks were .... He's the Anti Tricycle or JJ in that aspect and has the same potential to break off a big return.

Hell of a play by that punter to get a shot at him ..... He took a real good angle.

Hell of a game by the Jaq's ....

dream_team 11-18-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrosion (Post 2060767)

I'm with you. I was giving him benefit of the doubt if he made everything under 50 yards, but he hasn't. And he's contributing to the poor kick coverage. I'm glad Texans were proactive and tried out some guys last week.

hradhak 11-18-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwallaia (Post 2060757)
Keyshawn has to outrun the freaking punter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha. You know he's going to take a lot of ******* from his teammates for that. At least he's being tackled by the punter and not the gunner :-)

Corrosion 11-18-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hradhak (Post 2060838)
Haha. You know he's going to take a lot of ******* from his teammates for that. At least he's being tackled by the punter and not the gunner :-)

I'll take him getting tackled by the punter ..... instead of making poor decisions bringing balls out of the endzone and starting inside the 15 routinely .... This has been a significantly upgraded position (both KR and PR) since Tricycle was released .... despite the fact that Holliday scored twice on returns - He did put one on the ground for Denver.

After watching JJ bungle that punt in Baltimore last year in the playoffs .... (not to mention Steve Slaton and Tricycle's boneheaded decisions in the past few seasons years) we Texans fans should know how important decision making is in that aspect of the game.

coltfan123 11-18-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrosion (Post 2060839)
I'll take him getting tackled by the punter ..... instead of making poor decisions bringing balls out of the endzone and starting inside the 15 routinely .... This has been a significantly upgraded position (both KR and PR) since Tricycle was released .... despite the fact that Holliday scored twice on returns - He did put one on the ground for Denver.

After watching JJ bungle that punt in Baltimore last year in the playoffs .... (not to mention Steve Slaton and Tricycle's boneheaded decisions in the past few seasons years) we Texans fans should know how important decision making is in that aspect of the game.

If the punter has opportunity to tackle the returner means your returner is doing good job. but that was sad besides the punter i beleive he was home free

Corrosion 11-18-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coltfan123 (Post 2060854)
If the punter has opportunity to tackle the returner means your returner is doing good job. but that was sad besides the punter i beleive he was home free

Anger took a great angle on the play .... It woulda been 6 otherwise.