Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Were we ever like this ???? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96273)

EllisUnit 11-17-2012 01:09 AM

Were we ever like this ????

http://forum.jaguars.com/index.php?showtopic=705562

I mean even in our bad bad bad days i always had false hope, lying to myself, convincing myself we were better than we were. Hmmm i am glad we are finally past those days. some of my favs though...

.................................................. .................................................. ...................................
I dont see us having 3 good enough drives to make it into field goal range.....we're usually guaranteed 1 so i'll say we'll go down 30-3....Line gives up about 5 sacks and depending on how long it takes for them to separate from us, Gabbert probably wont make it through the game

.................................................. .................................................. ...................................

Jags and Texans score predictions? Thats assuming we do something better than 3 and out. Let me give you a preview:

Jags:

3 and out

3 and out

3 and out

3 and out

3 and out

etc...etc...

.................................................. .................................................. ..........................................

Score predictions? Must we wallow in our gloriously untalented misery?

.................................................. .................................................. ..........................................

42-1 Texans

Somewhere in a dark horribly scary place JJ Watt is suiting up. I can imagine the movie style mashup where they show him putting on one piece of armor at a time ala Batman movies. What place is that you say? Gabbert's nightmares.

The game will start and so will the slaughter. Expect no less than 4 sacks (2 by Watt) and 2 Ints with alot of Qb hits.

Offense wise? .................................................. .................................................. ..........................

In case you missed it that dotted line is our statline. Dont see much huh?

45-6 Texans.

.................................................. .................................................. ..............................................

WOW these guys are pretty funny, i give them props though.

NastyNate 11-17-2012 01:12 AM

Re: We're we ever like this ????

Like what? Using contractions incorrectly? :kitten:

EllisUnit 11-17-2012 01:19 AM

Re: We're we ever like this ????

Quote:

Originally Posted by NastyNate (Post 2059087)
Like what? Using contractions incorrectly? :kitten:

excuse me sir, sir please re-look.

thank you come again

powda 11-17-2012 01:20 AM

Re: Were we ever like this ????

We were like this. At least I was though I had a lot of false hope in people like carr and casserly. It's hard to say still but we were destitute...we at least had the new franchise excuse and were beaming with pride to have an nfl team again even if the product on the field sucked.

Showtime100 11-17-2012 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllisUnit (Post 2059086)

Somewhere in a dark horribly scary place JJ Watt is suiting up.

Poetry. Sig-worthy if I ever saw. :barman:

Allstar 11-17-2012 02:00 AM

If our team was on a 7 game skid, and we were going up against the consensus top team in the league (which thoroughly demolished us earlier in the season), I'd be pretty down about it too.

Malloy 11-17-2012 02:54 AM

In the good olde run-run-pass-punt days of Capers, apathy and disbelief was rampant here too. Joking about it was to only way to retain a slight amount of sanity :)

Thorn 11-17-2012 02:58 AM

Our nickname there is the tinhorns. My favorite though is from the Titans, moo cows. LOL

Marcus 11-17-2012 04:12 AM

To answer your question . . .

Yes, we were like that. When the football team sucks, so do the fans. It's a team effort.

eriadoc 11-17-2012 04:52 AM

I had zero hope during the 2005 season. I went to the games for two reasons: 1.) I paid for it, and 2.) Mathis might return a kickoff, which the team received a lot of.

thunderkyss 11-17-2012 06:04 AM

I didn't frequent the boards very much before Kubiak. But when I did, I didn't frequent any of the prediction threads or the game day threads. All I did was argue about how good the QB wasn't.

Since Kubiak, I don't think we were that bad & I truly believed we could win any game. We lost a lot but I don't think it was ever hopeless. Even with the Ole' defense, it depended on which offense showed up.

Lucky 11-17-2012 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allstar (Post 2059105)
If our team was on a 7 game skid, and we were going up against the consensus top team in the league (which thoroughly demolished us earlier in the season), I'd be pretty down about it too.

It was pretty bad here in 2010 after the Texans lost 8 of 10 after the bye. The 2 wins were against the Titans with Rusty Smith @ QB and the Jags in week 17 when they were sitting many of their starters.

And why shouldn't it have been bad here? The franchise kept doing the same things, over and over, and expecting different results. One hire started a change that completely turned the franchise around. I would tell the Jags fan to hold on to hope, and that maybe they could get that one player, coach, or GM that can revitalize their franchise.

SAMURAITEXAN 11-17-2012 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 2059139)
It was pretty bad here in 2010 after the Texans lost 8 of 10 after the bye. The 2 wins were against the Titans with Rusty Smith @ QB and the Jags in week 17 when they were sitting many of their starters.

And why shouldn't it have been bad here? The franchise kept doing the same things, over and over, and expecting different results. One hire started a change that completely turned the franchise around. I would tell the Jags fan to hold on to hope, and that maybe they could get that one player, coach, or GM that can revitalize their franchise.

Yep, if you give up hoping, there's nothing left.

Exascor 11-17-2012 08:52 AM

I remember quite a bit of frustration back in 2005. Most of us were pretty sure the junk on the field had little chance of winning against good teams. Here's one example that ended in a 38-20 loss at home:

Flashback Clicky

SheTexan 11-17-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN (Post 2059143)
Yep, if you give up hoping, there's nothing left.

This^^^^!

My lowest point in Texan history was the year VY ran in for a TD and 80% of our fans went balistic! That day will be FOREVER etched in my brain as one of the worst days of all. I was stunned, so sad I bawled my eyes out, heartbroken for our team who had to witness our fans screaming for the other team, or for VY, all the same to me. I went home wondering if I ever wanted to go back, and if I wanted to be a part of a fanbase like that. I truly thought about giving it up for good. My mantra has always been, went it ceases to be fun, I am done. BUT, it wasn't the TEAM that let me down that day, it was the fans. Football is a GAME, ya win some, ya lose some, but, ya never give up HOPE!

EllisUnit 11-17-2012 09:53 AM

Well maybe i am to big of a homer, i have never went in to any game expecting us to lose. i have always expected a win, sure aliens might of had to come down and abduct the other teams entire roster. BUt i had faith it would happen ;)

Thorn 11-17-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllisUnit (Post 2059151)
Well maybe i am to big of a homer, i have never went in to any game expecting us to lose. i have always expected a win, sure aliens might of had to come down and abduct the other teams entire roster. BUt i had faith it would happen ;)

If you sit through every single game all year you can see the "character" of the team. The Texans character for many years was that of a loser. Last year they began to change, this year they ARE changed. In years pasts, I always seemed to wait and hope they wouldn't blow it as they usually did, and was happy when they didn't. It's just the opposite now for me. I don't hope they'll win, I expect them to. It's nice to feel that way for a change.

ObsiWan 11-17-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SheTexan (Post 2059146)
This^^^^!

My lowest point in Texan history was the year VY ran in for a TD and 80% of our fans went balistic! That day will be FOREVER etched in my brain as one of the worst days of all. I was stunned, so sad I bawled my eyes out, heartbroken for our team who had to witness our fans screaming for the other team, or for VY, all the same to me. I went home wondering if I ever wanted to go back, and if I wanted to be a part of a fanbase like that. I truly thought about giving it up for good. My mantra has always been, went it ceases to be fun, I am done. BUT, it wasn't the TEAM that let me down that day, it was the fans. Football is a GAME, ya win some, ya lose some, but, ya never give up HOPE!

I'm with you on this one. I was never so pissed in my life.
This pissed me off even more than when Renfro was gipped out of the TD against the Steelers or when the Bills came back to beat us in that playoff game. Those were bad breaks. This was the home fanbase turning on the home team. Still pisses me off just to think about it.
I just wanted to :strangle: all of 'em.

Maddict5 11-17-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 2059139)
I would tell the Jags fan to hold on to hope, and that maybe they could get that one player, coach, or GM that can revitalize their franchise.

it wasnt just one move though was it?

wade's hire meant the culmination of other good moves over the previous years finally came together- we had alot of offensive & defensive talent after years of overall good drafting & free agency and we had a good offensive coaching staff and a team that played hard.

finally bringing in an excellent defensive coach like wade and turning our major weakness (secondary) into a strength in the same offseason is what finally brought us in the elite realm many had predicted for the year or 2 before that

the jags have nothing like that & are way aways in terms of having the pieces necessary to contend

ObsiWan 11-17-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 2059167)
If you sit through every single game all year you can see the "character" of the team. The Texans character for many years was that of a loser. Last year they began to change, this year they ARE changed. In years pasts, I always seemed to wait and hope they wouldn't blow it as they usually did, and was happy when they didn't. It's just the opposite now for me. I don't hope they'll win, I expect them to. It's nice to feel that way for a change.

I submit the loser attitude began to change before last year. When they were still playing hard, in Dec., just to make it to 8-8... that's not a loser attitude. Losers would have mailed it in and just showed up to collect their game checks. They stopped doing that before 2010.

Last year they started to realize they could play with ANY team. This year they know, if they play their kind of football, they can whip any team. But Kubiak has them grounded enough that they know if they don't play their kind of football, they can lose any given Sunday. Keeps 'em hungry.
:koolaid: