Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   I want Andre Johnson to score. (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96256)

El Tejano 11-16-2012 08:22 AM

I want Andre Johnson to score.

I just think Andre has been putting in a quiet effort and if not for him, Matt doesn't have as many yards receiving last week cuz it seemed like he was the only one catching anything and I just miss #80 scoring a TD.

SheTexan 11-16-2012 08:39 AM

Re: I want Andre Johnson to score.

So do I!! He's killing my FF team! :kitten:

Seriously, i would give up winning ANYTHING with my FF team, IF ONLY AJ would get back to his old self. Just wanna see that excitement that comes with an AJ TD!!!

The Pencil Neck 11-16-2012 09:46 AM

I think AJ has been making marked improvement over the past few weeks. He's starting to look more and more of his old self.

silentassassin 11-16-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck (Post 2058685)
I think AJ has been making marked improvement over the past few weeks. He's starting to look more and more of his old self.

Yup. Even more encouraging, he's been quoted many times the past few weeks claiming the same thing.

He has said the work in the training room has really helped him and he feels like he's getting better by the week.

Texan_Bill 11-16-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck (Post 2058685)

But even "his old self" was never much of a TD machine. In fact, I dont think he's ever had double digit TD's for a season. Not his fault, just the way the offense runs.

Playoffs 11-16-2012 09:52 AM

Dr. CND foreshadowed Andre's potential decline.

I still think we'll see some old school Andre when we really need him.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...n%20111907.jpg

Hervoyel 11-16-2012 09:53 AM

AJ's gonna blow up this week. Mark it down.

drs23 11-16-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hervoyel (Post 2058692)
AJ's gonna blow up this week. Mark it down.

Consider it marked down. I'd love to see him have a break out beastly game as well and what better team to do it against.

GO AJ!

GO TEXANS!

:gotexans1

ThaJokaa 11-16-2012 10:35 AM

Ive been feeling the same way for a while now.

Hervoyel 11-16-2012 10:43 AM

It's going to be his lead-in game to the Lions Thanksgiving Day game where the whole country will be watching AJ and Megatron. There will be a lot of talk about AJ being over the hill but he's going to want to show people that he's still one of the best on a big stage with Calvin Johnson. AJ is getting better every week and I think he's going to start taking over games when the situation lets him beginning now. Also Matt had 95 yards passing last week, he's gonna want to throw it around tomorrow.

Foster needs a rest, I'm smelling an aerial gameplan.

badboy 11-16-2012 10:47 AM

AJ is doing what I expected, recovering. I just wished he was not getting clobbered on these short passes. He has had some passes bounce off him that I question but as long as he is near 100% come playoffs I am cool.

SheTexan 11-16-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hervoyel (Post 2058725)
Foster needs a rest, I'm smelling an aerial gameplan.

So should I play OD over Decker? I know OD practiced this week, but, still don't know if Kubes will go easy on him due to his hip injury. I was planning to play Decker, but, my "gut" tells me to go with OD. BUT, if we get a sizable lead over the Kittie's, Kubes might sit some of his starters, including AJ and OD.

The Denver/SD game should be a good one, IMHO. PM always seems to pull off some kind of "magic" when he goes to the air. Decker has become a fav target. WHAT TO DO!!!???:overreact:

CRAP, I hate trying to second guess this stuff! :wild:

76Texan 11-16-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SheTexan (Post 2058734)
So should I play OD over Decker? I know OD practiced this week, but, still don't know if Kubes will go easy on him due to his hip injury. I was planning to play Decker, but, my "gut" tells me to go with OD. BUT, if we get a sizable lead over the Kittie's, Kubes might sit some of his starters, including AJ and OD.

The Denver/SD game should be a good one, IMHO. PM always seems to pull off some kind of "magic" when he goes to the air. Decker has become a fav target. WHAT TO DO!!!???:overreact:

Flip a coin.

281 11-16-2012 11:16 AM

I've never understood why we don't throw more fades to him in the endzone.

76Texan 11-16-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 281 (Post 2058742)

I think one of the reasons is that we like to pound the rock. If we want to keep the PA intact, the fade is out of place since it requires a quick throw. Just my thinking.

dc_txtech 11-16-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SheTexan (Post 2058734)

Decker has 7 TD's in the last 6 games. I would be extremely hesitant to put him on my bench.

281 11-16-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 76Texan (Post 2058745)
I think one of the reasons is that we like to pound the rock. If we want to keep the PA intact, the fade is out of place since it requires a quick throw. Just my thinking.

Legit reasoning. Foster taking it in sure has been successful.

ThaJokaa 11-16-2012 11:40 AM

Everytime we're in the RZ, I want em to just lob it to AJ on a Fade Route and let him make the play. Out of the 2 times they did, they wouldve been TDs if Champ Baileys foot didnt hit the ball, and then the deep throw in the EZ where I believe the defender was holding AJs jerseys to prevent the catch. I forgot what team it was, I wanna say the Bills.

DX-TEX 11-16-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 281 (Post 2058742)

Schaub cant throw good fades?

281 11-16-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DX-TEX (Post 2058750)
Schaub cant throw good fades?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-m...ohnson-TD-grab