Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   No Texans sit out of practice (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96238)

Thorn 11-15-2012 12:26 PM

No Texans sit out of practice

Quote:

For the first time all season, the Texans had a full complement of players on the practice field on Wednesday.

All 53 players on the active roster participated in practice, as did inside linebacker Darryl Sharpton, who’s close to returning from the Physically Unable to Perform list.

Tight end Owen Daniels (ribs), nose tackle Shaun Cody (back/ribs) and running back Ben Tate (hamstring) were limited. All three have a chance to play Sunday against the Jacksonville Jaguars after sitting out in Week 10.

“We were kind of light in what we did, but they were all back in practice today, so should be all back out there tomorrow,” Texans coach Gary Kubiak said.
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...0-0e3f79fb9bde

CloakNNNdagger 11-15-2012 12:37 PM

Re: No Texans sit out of practice

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 2058294)

Love to know how OD all of a sudden shows up with "ribs".........with no previous contact practices. :kitten:

Vinnie 11-15-2012 12:38 PM

It seems funny to me we have full participation for this one when we shouldn't need half of them. :kitten:

Thorn 11-15-2012 12:38 PM

I'd just as soon Tate didn't play against the Jags anyway. Even if he is ready, we should save him for the Turkey Day game in Detroit.

TheIronDuke 11-15-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 2058304)
I'd just as soon Tate didn't play against the Jags anyway. Even if he is ready, we should save him for the Turkey Day game in Detroit.

I don't know, I'm thinking we need to get him as much playing time as possible to hopefully up his trade value before he hurts himself again. Unless we let Grimes and Forsett get all the carries, which should be enough to beat Jacksonville.

IDEXAN 11-15-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 2058301)
Love to know how OD all of a sudden shows up with "ribs".........with no previous contact practices. :kitten:

Right, I Thought OD was having problems with a "hip pointer", and I don't recall anything about rib issues either ?

Playoffs 11-15-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDEXAN (Post 2058308)
Right, I Thought OD was having problems with a "hip pointer", and I don't recall anything about rib issues either ?

Ribs
are the new hip pointer. :kitten:

CloakNNNdagger 11-15-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

All 53 players on the active roster participated in practice, as did inside linebacker Darryl Sharpton, who’s close to returning from the Physically Unable to Perform list.
He better be "close" to being activated...........if not by November 28........IR.
If he is not fully activated and still not ready to contribute, he will then count against roster and someone will need to be kicked out the door.

CloakNNNdagger 11-15-2012 01:18 PM

Gets stranger............OD listed as "back" on official HT.com injury report.:kubepalm:

Dobbins listed as "shoulder"...........dang Cutler.:wadepalm:

CloakNNNdagger 11-15-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheIronDuke (Post 2058305)
I don't know, I'm thinking we need to get him as much playing time as possible to hopefully up his trade value before he hurts himself again. Unless we let Grimes and Forsett get all the carries, which should be enough to beat Jacksonville.

Let Tate get the longest rest he can not only for the hamstring, but for the turf toe that probably led to the hamstring tear. Forsett and Foster should easily take care of the Jags.

The Pencil Neck 11-15-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 2058333)
Gets stranger............OD listed as "back" on official HT.com injury report.:kubepalm:

They asked OD about it yesterday, and he said it was his back. Not his hip. He didn't say anything about ribs.

Dobbins hurt his shoulder on that first defensive play where he recovered the fumble. He went to the locker room and then game back and played through the pain. That damned Cutler just ran into his hurt shoulder trying to get Dobbins out of the game.

Playoffs 11-15-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 2058333)

I think Dobbins injured his wallet.

Rey 11-15-2012 02:13 PM

Tate didn't practice today...

I know the article is about yesterday...

76Texan 11-15-2012 02:27 PM

You guys are too funny!

Ryan 11-15-2012 02:50 PM

We should come up with a mysterious injury for Foster so he can sit out a week. We shouldn't need him at all this week and he could have some extra rest for the Detroit game.

GP 11-15-2012 02:59 PM

Remember when the Jags game would be coming up...we'd be all like, "Well, we have to keep their DL and LBs out of the backfield..."

And we'd be all like, "Man, it's going to be hard to stop MJD. He always gets the tough yards....."

Then we're all like, "The 4th quarter. That's when Garrard runs on us and we chase him all over the field, dude takes it into the end zone on the last drive. We gotta find a way to stop him."

Yeah, now we're like, "Let's sit our best running back. Hell, let's let all the starters sit. Save them for Detroit."

Jags fans' world turned upside down when they face us now. :evil:

michaelm 11-15-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GP (Post 2058400)

Yeah, now we're like, "Let's sit our best running back. Hell, let's let all the starters sit. Save them for Detroit."

Jags fans' world turned upside down when they face us now. :evil:

Unless it blows up in the Texans' faces...

ObsiWan 11-15-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelm (Post 2058410)
Unless it blows up in the Texans' faces...

It's not the Texans with these random "let's sit so-and-so for the Jags game" thoughts. It's we know-it-all fans.

and if they - in some wild, alternate reality, universe - actually sat all the starters we'd all go... :panic:
:D

kiwitexansfan 11-15-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

We need to rest Foster as much as we can for the playoffs.

We need as many healthy backs as we can get.

silvrhand 11-15-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 2058341)
Let Tate get the longest rest he can not only for the hamstring, but for the turf toe that probably led to the hamstring tear. Forsett and Foster should easily take care of the Jags.

Hamstring injury was the result of the collision and Ed Reed falling ackwardly on the back of his legs, they were both down for a while on that.