Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Thoughts from the Bear's Game (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96170)

The Pencil Neck 11-13-2012 01:05 AM

Thoughts from the Bear's Game
 
1. At the beginning of the game, it was wet but it was only mildly chilly. But at halftime, the temperature PLUNGED. It went from about 60 degrees down into at least the 40's (at least, that's what it felt like.) I was sitting at about the 50 yard line behind the Texan's bench and halfway through the third quarter, I was shivering. The rain, which was really more of a drizzle for most of the first half, got a lot stronger and it was constantly shifting direction.

2. I was really pleased to see how many Texan fans there were in attendance. We got a few good Hou-Ston-Tex-Ans chants going. A lot of the Texan fans hung around longer after the game was over and by the time we walked out, it was almost like we were walking out of Reliant with all the Texan jerseys and flags and Toro helmets around us.

3. The game was AWESOME. I know there's going to be some questions about play-calling and game-plans and stuff but I thought it was perfect. Lots of guys were sliding around and we did just what we needed to do to win.

4. At the beginning of the game, the Bears fans were talking about how we were going to get crushed. By the middle of the third quarter, the Bears fans around me were trying to figure out how many field goals they were going to have to make to beat us. And when "Good-As" Gould doinked that field-goal, you should have heard the air escape from their lips along with all hope.

5. The Bears fans sitting next to me were nice people BUT they didn't seem to know much about the rules and I think they hate Lovie Smith more than some of you hate Kubiak. There was one guy going on and on about Lovie Smith wasting all their timeouts with all these damned reviews... until I pointed out to him that they still had their timeouts because TDs and turnovers were automatic reviews and Lovie hadn't lost any timeouts, yet.

6. After Graham squibbed that kick right to that Bear, he and Marciano got their asses chewed by Kubiak. I thought Kubiak was going to have to be restrained.

7. Did I mention it was freaking COLD by the end of the game?

Texn4life 11-13-2012 01:12 AM

Re: Thoughts from the Bear's Game
 
Good stuff TPN! Glad you played your part in the win.

Hope you got to enjoy the city. I love Chicago and the ESPN Zone there. Its a man's paradise with all those screens, food, recliners.

The Pencil Neck 11-13-2012 01:20 AM

Re: Thoughts from the Bear's Game
 
Thanks!

We flew up there on Friday and stayed with some friends of ours. We had dinner at Ditka's and at Tru and we went to the Field Museum on Saturday. Just got back this afternoon.

Had a great time.

76Texan 11-13-2012 01:21 AM

Re: Thoughts from the Bear's Game
 
Yeah, good stuff alright! :tiphat:

Texn4life 11-13-2012 01:23 AM

Re: Thoughts from the Bear's Game
 
If you would have come back with a loss I would have started a petition to force you to secede from TT.

The Pencil Neck 11-13-2012 01:30 AM

Re: Thoughts from the Bear's Game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texn4life (Post 2056768)
If you would have come back with a loss I would have started a petition to force you to secede from TT.

I don't get to go to very many Texans games. And prior to the Bear's game, they've lost every game I've been to except 1.

LOSSES: In 2006, we lost to the Cowboys in Dallas. In 2007, we lost to the Colts in Houston. In 2009, we lost to the Titans in Houston. In 2010, we had that damned OT loss to the Ravens.

WINS: In 2008, we beat the Jaguars in Houston on a Thursday Night. BUT... right after we exited the parking lot and we were driving down the street, a car came barrelling out of an apartment's parking lot and T-boned us and then drove away.

In 2011, I didn't go to a game because I figured I was just too much bad luck. But my wife convinced me to go to this game. I was really worried I was going to totally jinx us.

Texn4life 11-13-2012 01:34 AM

Re: Thoughts from the Bear's Game
 
Your luck may have changed for the better. Kubiak said Tate, OD, and Cody all may play this week so Bob might just have to start flying you out to all the games if we get this much good news coming out of a big win.

dream_team 11-13-2012 01:52 AM

Thanks for representing. BTW, any info on that unsportsmanlike conduct call on the bench? Us TV viewers didn't get a chance to see why we got that call.

thunderkyss 11-13-2012 04:45 AM

Re: Thoughts from the Bear's Game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck (Post 2056766)
Thanks!

We flew up there on Friday and stayed with some friends of ours. We had dinner at Ditka's and at Tru and we went to the Field Museum on Saturday. Just got back this afternoon.

Had a great time.

Thank you. I appreciate all you guys who represent Houston & the Texans fanbase on away games. Maybe in a few years when the wife & I are empty nesters we'll join y'all. But for now, I really appreciate y'all represent'n


& I'd have loved to see Kubiak go off on Marciano. I saw him tear Frank Bush a new one once on the sidelines.... yeah, he gets animated.

BlueSteel 11-13-2012 05:06 AM

Re: Thoughts from the Bear's Game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck (Post 2056769)
I don't get to go to very many Texans games. And prior to the Bear's game, they've lost every game I've been to except 1.

HAHA! So I am not the only one that this has happened to?

I have jinxed us in spectacular fashion with the Jets home opener when we got crushed by the birth of "Sanchise" and watched in horrer as I witnessed the "Rosencopter." The other losses were just run of the mill and depressing.

My wife also convinced me to get tickets to a game when we traveled down to Houston and we watched the Titans game. Felt great to see my first Texans win (in person) this year! :)

Playoffs 11-13-2012 07:54 AM

Re: Thoughts from the Bear's Game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck (Post 2056759)
6. After Graham squibbed that kick right to that Bear, he and Marciano got their asses chewed by Kubiak. I thought Kubiak was going to have to be restrained.

Good. Maybe the problem is becoming apparent to Gary.

Rep for representing!

GP 11-13-2012 08:27 AM

Re: Thoughts from the Bear's Game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueSteel (Post 2056785)
HAHA! So I am not the only one that this has happened to?

I have jinxed us in spectacular fashion with the Jets home opener when we got crushed by the birth of "Sanchise" and watched in horrer as I witnessed the "Rosencopter." The other losses were just run of the mill and depressing.

My wife also convinced me to get tickets to a game when we traveled down to Houston and we watched the Titans game. Felt great to see my first Texans win (in person) this year! :)

I do not live near Houston, so last year me and my wife went to our first Texans game...vs. Oakland, at Reliant.

Yeah, I jinxed us. Schaub tried to lob a pass into the end zone and it was intercepted. Game over. We almost won.

It was raining like that scene in Forrest Gump. Wife and I had parked sooooo far away, so as to be able to get access to the big highway that takes us to the airport for our flight back home. Soggy, we get in the car and drive like maniacs to the airport. Get to the rental car station, it was mayhem there--Attendants wouldn't come grab cars because of the rain, we barely got on a shuttle in time. Went through security and I just yanked my shoes AND socks off. I walked onto the airplane without socks or shoes, with my #80 jersey on...nobody said a single WORD to me about not having socks/shoes on. They saw the look on my face, my #80 jersey, and they knew to leave me alone.

Fun times. Felt like a wet dog all the way home. And we lost. The best part was that me and my wife went to the Blue Crew tailgating just before the game. Got to meet SheTexan, GlassHalfFull, JJJ, and Hook'Em. Met Disaacks and TexanMike, too. Great guys. And Joe Texan and Bronco Billy poured my wife an excellent margarita. That was definitely the best part of it all for me.

JoeTexan and Hook'Em and SheTexan were really welcoming of me and my wife that day. There were a couple of them that heard me say my screen name, and they gave me dagger eyes, never made a gesture to say hello to me but stood there and stared at me...pretty sure I know who they are, but oh well. The vast majority, 99.9% of the Blue Crew really welcomed us in a top notch manner.

Trail.Blazr 11-13-2012 09:35 AM

Re: Thoughts from the Bear's Game
 
Wow. I'm glad you had an awesome time. The weather sounded perfect to make it a memorable one in Soldier Field. The Field Museum must have been cool too. I listened to Jaworski talking about his first trip to Soldier Field and they had "trenches" instead of benches. That kind of stuff is neat. What a great place to play a Veterans Day game.

And how you speak of the Texans presence at the stadium sorta signifies how the Texans have arrived, in that they have a "road following". Awesome stuff.

HOU-TEX 11-13-2012 09:50 AM

Re: Thoughts from the Bear's Game
 
Thanks, PN. I bet y'all had a blast

It's nice to hear that Kubiak got up in some grills after that kick. There are a few around here that think Kubiak's too laid back and doesn't show emotion blah blah.

The Pencil Neck 11-13-2012 10:01 AM

Re: Thoughts from the Bear's Game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dream_team (Post 2056771)
Thanks for representing. BTW, any info on that unsportsmanlike conduct call on the bench? Us TV viewers didn't get a chance to see why we got that call.

Whatever happened happened right in front of us but I didn't see it. All I knew is that I was cheering and then we had the penalty and I stopped cheering.

disaacks3 11-13-2012 10:06 AM

Re: Thoughts from the Bear's Game
 
I was on the 33 yard line behind the Texans bench and got lucky as Row 19 is under the overhang (stayed high and dry) Except for the nice Bears fan and his 4-yr old son on my left, I was literally surrounded by Texans fans.

Listened to lots of light banter / trash-talk as soon as I got off the plane on Saturday morning. Heading to the train station to fly back yesterday, didn't hear a single peep. :)

Was crushed I missed the giant photo-op, but was tailgating with Bears diehards from about 10:15am! A very long, exhausting (but ulimately worth it) day.

Playoffs 11-13-2012 10:13 AM

double post

Playoffs 11-13-2012 10:17 AM

Re: Thoughts from the Bear's Game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GP (Post 2056816)
...There were a couple of them that heard me say my screen name, and they gave me dagger eyes, never made a gesture to say hello to me but stood there and stared at me...pretty sure I know who they are...

http://smiliesftw.com/x/smiley-rofl.gif

Honey, why did that strange man walk up and hit you?

Something I said about our defensive schemes in 2005.
http://forums.catholic.com/images/sm...s/blackeye.gif

TejasTom 11-13-2012 05:34 PM

Re: Thoughts from the Bear's Game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck (Post 2056759)
5. The Bears fans sitting next to me were nice people BUT they didn't seem to know much about the rules and I think they hate Lovie Smith more than some of you hate Kubiak. There was one guy going on and on about Lovie Smith wasting all their timeouts with all these damned reviews... until I pointed out to him that they still had their timeouts because TDs and turnovers were automatic reviews and Lovie hadn't lost any timeouts, yet.

All the Bear's fans sitting around us were great but as with your experience, they didn't seem to know the rules either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck (Post 2056759)
6. After Graham squibbed that kick right to that Bear, he and Marciano got their asses chewed by Kubiak. I thought Kubiak was going to have to be restrained.

I couldn't see it from my angle but they needed their asses chewed out.

ObsiWan 11-13-2012 05:57 PM

Re: Thoughts from the Bear's Game
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck (Post 2056759)
1. At the beginning of the game, it was wet but it was only mildly chilly. But at halftime, the temperature PLUNGED. It went from about 60 degrees down into at least the 40's (at least, that's what it felt like.) I was sitting at about the 50 yard line behind the Texan's bench and halfway through the third quarter, I was shivering. The rain, which was really more of a drizzle for most of the first half, got a lot stronger and it was constantly shifting direction.

2. I was really pleased to see how many Texan fans there were in attendance. We got a few good Hou-Ston-Tex-Ans chants going. A lot of the Texan fans hung around longer after the game was over and by the time we walked out, it was almost like we were walking out of Reliant with all the Texan jerseys and flags and Toro helmets around us.

3. The game was AWESOME. I know there's going to be some questions about play-calling and game-plans and stuff but I thought it was perfect. Lots of guys were sliding around and we did just what we needed to do to win.

4. At the beginning of the game, the Bears fans were talking about how we were going to get crushed. By the middle of the third quarter, the Bears fans around me were trying to figure out how many field goals they were going to have to make to beat us. And when "Good-As" Gould doinked that field-goal, you should have heard the air escape from their lips along with all hope.

5. The Bears fans sitting next to me were nice people BUT they didn't seem to know much about the rules and I think they hate Lovie Smith more than some of you hate Kubiak. There was one guy going on and on about Lovie Smith wasting all their timeouts with all these damned reviews... until I pointed out to him that they still had their timeouts because TDs and turnovers were automatic reviews and Lovie hadn't lost any timeouts, yet.

6. After Graham squibbed that kick right to that Bear, he and Marciano got their asses chewed by Kubiak. I thought Kubiak was going to have to be restrained.

7. Did I mention it was freaking COLD by the end of the game?

Thanks for the On-the Scene report! :D
Repped for going up there and sitting out in the cold to Represent!!
You AND TejasTom!!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger