Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Bears Fan - Good Game Guys (and gals) (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96157)

Gridiron 11-12-2012 02:54 PM

Bears Fan - Good Game Guys (and gals)
 
Hello everyone. I was going to chat with you all a little before the game but I wasn't activated in time. My fault for waiting a little too long to sign up.

Anyway, the gist of the game went about how I expected it to go. Low scoring where the team that made less mistakes (or the defense that caused the most havoc) and took advantage of scoring when they could came out with the win. I saw some predictions of a lot of points on here and I couldn't understand it since these teams do not give up a lot of points. It doesn't matter so much who a team plays as what a team does. Just watching these defenses should tell anyone that they are two of the best in the NFL.

It was tight and could have gone either way. Marshall makes that TD catch, which is the type of catch that he has made all year and Gould makes that FG which under 50 is expected to be near automatic for him regardless of conditions and it goes the other way. That's football though and top teams make the plays when they need them. The Texans did that and the Bears didn't.

It would have been nice to see Cutler finish the game. He was getting good protection for once (the weather undoubtedly slowed down your pass rush, as well as the Bears' pass rush - I expected a lot more than 1 sack between the teams in this game) and he, along with the rest of the team, are usually better in the second half of games than the first half. Not saying the outcome would have changed but I would have liked to have seen it so that I wouldn't wonder about it. On that thought, nice play by Manning to bait him into that throw for one of his picks.

Foster was getting some good runs in the first half. It was a little surprising to me since the Bears are very good at stopping the run. They were number one in the league last week before the second team came in early in the 4th and immediately gave up an 80 yard TD run. They tightened up in the second half as I expected but the damage was done. Props to Foster and your offensive scheme.

For the Bears, despite the turnovers and dropped passes, I thought the biggest mistake that they made was not getting Bush involved in the running game as the feature back for this game. Forte is good but despite what the announcers were saying about "Bear weather" he is a finesse type of player. He does not play his best in those conditions. Forte is the main back but teams need to do what needs to be done when the game calls for it.

Your defense is very good and your secondary played great. Overall I thought it was an ugly game from both sides. Both teams could have played a lot better, at least offensively, in my opinion. Defensively, they both did what they do. I'm not trying to make this into a "Bears lost the game" type of post because like I said teams step up when they need to and both teams play in the same conditions.

Anway, anything that I say can apply to the other team in more optimal playing conditions and I realize that. There are no excuses. You either win or lose. I'm not mad at the result, I'm just disappointed in the offenses ineptness. Most of it was due to your stout defense but some of it was self inflicted. Pros need to make catches that hit them in the hands. Unfortunately, for Bears TE (Davis), it's all too common of a sight, even in a dome. He is a huge guy but he plays so small and he has butterfingers.

From what I have seen of the AFC teams, I think that your team is the best out of the rest. They are certainly the most well-rounded. I wouldn't mind seeing your team make it to the Super Bowl. I have nothing against your franchise. I respect them. If the Bears can get their offense on track then maybe the Bears will be there to see you again. If not and your team gets there, I hope they beat whoever comes out of the NFC and they win it all.

Good win Texas fans. Congratulations. Best of luck through the rest of the season - avoid anymore major injuries. Beat down the Pats, Steelers, Ravens and the rest.

Gridiron 11-12-2012 03:03 PM

Re: Bears Fan - Good Game Guys (and gals)
 
One more thing, I was watching the post game and they had a clip of one of your local reporters talking to Dobbins about the hit on Cutler. I'm not going to get into the hit but the reporter, I don't know his name, was asking questions and then forcing a huge smile whenever Dobbins looked at him. As soon as he looked away, it would disappear, only to reappear when he looked back at him. I'm sure I'm anal for noticing it but it was annoying as hell. I'd fire the guy just for being fake :littlelol:

infantrycak 11-12-2012 03:22 PM

Re: Bears Fan - Good Game Guys (and gals)
 
Welcome to belated MB membership.

Solid analysis. We'd all love to play the Bears again this season.

Dutchrudder 11-12-2012 03:31 PM

Re: Bears Fan - Good Game Guys (and gals)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gridiron (Post 2056473)
For the Bears, despite the turnovers and dropped passes, I thought the biggest mistake that they made was not getting Bush involved in the running game as the feature back for this game. Forte is good but despite what the announcers were saying about "Bear weather" he is a finesse type of player. He does not play his best in those conditions. Forte is the main back but teams need to do what needs to be done when the game calls for it.

I think the Bears wanted to get Bush the ball more, but he fumbled on his first carry and they sat him for a while. I agree he's the RB you want carrying the ball in that sort of game, but fumbling on the first touch would make any coach weary of using him.

JCTexan 11-12-2012 03:52 PM

Re: Bears Fan - Good Game Guys (and gals)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gridiron (Post 2056473)
Anyway, the gist of the game went about how I expected it to go. Low scoring where the team that made less mistakes (or the defense that caused the most havoc) and took advantage of scoring when they could came out with the win. I saw some predictions of a lot of points on here and I couldn't understand it since these teams do not give up a lot of points. It doesn't matter so much who a team plays as what a team does. Just watching these defenses should tell anyone that they are two of the best in the NFL.

While true, I think a lot of people figured these teams have two of the most balanced offenses also. Both QB's didn't have good games and I think some of that had to do with the weather.

Playoffs 11-12-2012 04:02 PM

Re: Bears Fan - Good Game Guys (and gals)
 
Would have been fun to see same matchup in better conditions.

Hope Cutler is back in action soon. Good luck the rest of the way.

Gridiron 11-12-2012 04:05 PM

Re: Bears Fan - Good Game Guys (and gals)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 2056498)
I think the Bears wanted to get Bush the ball more, but he fumbled on his first carry and they sat him for a while. I agree he's the RB you want carrying the ball in that sort of game, but fumbling on the first touch would make any coach weary of using him.

I realize that but that was his first fumble all season and looking at his stats with the Raiders, he only had 3 fumbles in 4 years there. I just felt that it was a little premature. His history doesn't say that it's a problem. I'd take my chances on his past stats over Forte getting nothing in his runs.

But back to your team, I'm happy to see that Manning has found a home. He was a solid player on the Bears. He just wanted more than they wanted to pay him. I wish him and your team all the best.

Speedy 11-12-2012 04:06 PM

Re: Bears Fan - Good Game Guys (and gals)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2056519)
Would have been fun to see same matchup in better conditions.

Hope Cutler is back in action soon. Good luck the rest of the way.

New Orleans has a roof, so maybe.

Corrosion 11-12-2012 04:20 PM

Re: Bears Fan - Good Game Guys (and gals)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 2056490)
Welcome to belated MB membership.

Solid analysis. We'd all love to play the Bears again this season.


Was a well played game with a lot of mutual respect and sportsmanship ..... but that defense aint one I'd relish another matchup with. Once was enough for me!


Sure as hell looks like it could have been a Superbowl Preview tho ....

Hervoyel 11-12-2012 04:24 PM

Re: Bears Fan - Good Game Guys (and gals)
 
Does anyone else recall talking to a classier group of opposing fans in recent memory? I've been on NFL.com, skulking around some Bears message boards, and in here. I can't really find a single thing to knock them about. Their fans are knowledgable, respectful, and a pleasure to talk to. I really enjoyed reading what the other side had to say this week.

Good luck the rest of the season Bears, hope we see you again in New Orleans!

Brandon420tx 11-12-2012 05:26 PM

Re: Bears Fan - Good Game Guys (and gals)
 
To be honest, if we make it to the superbowl, I'd rather not play the Bears again.

infantrycak 11-12-2012 05:32 PM

Re: Bears Fan - Good Game Guys (and gals)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon420tx (Post 2056563)
To be honest, if we make it to the superbowl, I'd rather not play the Bears again.

It was a joke that the only way we could play them again would be in the Super Bowl.

Double Barrel 11-12-2012 05:34 PM

Re: Bears Fan - Good Game Guys (and gals)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hervoyel (Post 2056536)
Does anyone else recall talking to a classier group of opposing fans in recent memory? I've been on NFL.com, skulking around some Bears message boards, and in here. I can't really find a single thing to knock them about. Their fans are knowledgable, respectful, and a pleasure to talk to. I really enjoyed reading what the other side had to say this week.

Good luck the rest of the season Bears, hope we see you again in New Orleans!

yeah, it's funny because while they are great to chat with, they sure boo the heck out of every aspect of that team during the game! Dude gets hurt and is not carted off the field, boo him!

Allstar 11-12-2012 05:38 PM

Re: Bears Fan - Good Game Guys (and gals)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon420tx (Post 2056563)
To be honest, if we make it to the superbowl, I'd rather not play the Bears again.

I'd rather play them than the Packers, especially in a dome.

Porky 11-12-2012 05:46 PM

Re: Bears Fan - Good Game Guys (and gals)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hervoyel (Post 2056536)
Does anyone else recall talking to a classier group of opposing fans in recent memory? I've been on NFL.com, skulking around some Bears message boards, and in here. I can't really find a single thing to knock them about. Their fans are knowledgable, respectful, and a pleasure to talk to. I really enjoyed reading what the other side had to say this week.

Good luck the rest of the season Bears, hope we see you again in New Orleans!

For the most part I agree. That franchise is steeped in history. Along with the Packers fans, I really think these people "do it right". Kudos.....BUT with one exception. Their TE, Davis (who does seem to have major butterfingers) went down with an injury. When he got up and walked to the sideline he got booed. I thought that was uncalled for given the injury circumstances.

OTOH, the Bears need to target a TE early in next year's draft. The TE has been a staple of their offense for a long time, and Olson's absence appears to be missed greatly.

76Texan 11-12-2012 06:04 PM

Re: Bears Fan - Good Game Guys (and gals)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hervoyel (Post 2056536)
Does anyone else recall talking to a classier group of opposing fans in recent memory? I've been on NFL.com, skulking around some Bears message boards, and in here. I can't really find a single thing to knock them about. Their fans are knowledgable, respectful, and a pleasure to talk to. I really enjoyed reading what the other side had to say this week.

Good luck the rest of the season Bears, hope we see you again in New Orleans!

Agree.

Thanks for stopping by, Gridiron.

It was a great defensive game to watch.
L

Just my cup of tea.

Corrosion 11-12-2012 06:16 PM

Re: Bears Fan - Good Game Guys (and gals)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Allstar (Post 2056571)
I'd rather play them than the Packers, especially in a dome.

I'd rather play .... one of those NFC East teams than either one of them.

Tailgate 11-12-2012 08:03 PM

Re: Bears Fan - Good Game Guys (and gals)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrosion (Post 2056592)
I'd rather play .... one of those NFC East teams than either one of them.

Personally... I'd rather play a college football team than any of one them.

Texan_Bill 11-12-2012 08:44 PM

Re: Bears Fan - Good Game Guys (and gals)
 
Meh!!! I wanna play who is ever in front of us!!


*************


As to the OP, welcome in!!You're a classy dude and it was a good... moreover a fun game. I loved the weather conditions. I loved the fact the some folks automatically consider the Texans an "indoor team" when that had a negative connotation (i.e. Oilers, Seahawks, Falcons and Saints, etc..). That doesn't hold water with the Texans tho... The Texans have won in Chicago, Green Bay and played really well in New York and other places prior to yesterday!

Texan_Bill 11-12-2012 08:44 PM

Re: Bears Fan - Good Game Guys (and gals)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tailgate (Post 2056626)
Personally... I'd rather play a college football team than any of one them.

A&M or Alabama? ;)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger