Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Do the Texans get national respect now? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96148)

TheRealJoker 11-12-2012 09:13 AM

Do the Texans get national respect now?

4 of the 9 teams they've played thus far will likely go to the playoffs. 3 of which are favored to win their divisions. *Broncos, Packers, Ravens, and Bears.*

They are 3-1 against those 4. Winning 2 of those games on the road. Yet all year they "haven't *played anybody"...

Mike77015 11-12-2012 09:15 AM

Re: Do the Texans get national respect now?

I like them staying under the radar.

HJam72 11-12-2012 09:16 AM

You have to earn respect, which to the national media, will always be more than whatever any Houston team does.

Porky 11-12-2012 09:20 AM

They have been getting national respect all year. Turn on NFL network once in a while. Another thread that makes me go all Vince Palm. :vincepalm:

HTown2ATX 11-12-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HJam72 (Post 2056194)
You have to earn respect, which to the national media, will always be more than whatever any Houston team does.

^^This

I could care less nowadays about national media coverage where as a few years ago I would get all worked up about it. However, it is still funny to me to hear asinine media downplay Texans victories which is an undeniable fact that this happens. After the win in NYJ immediately after the game it was all about the Jets to which if I remember correctly one of the broadcasters even jokingly apologized to Texans fans for.

I'm already hearing excuses on why the Bears lost nationally and how you "can't really take anything away from this game as far as learning something since it was bad weather and Cutler got knocked out", etc. I'm sure when I'm home at lunch the idiots on First Take will say stupid stuff downplaying the Texans.

Plus Houston just has a bad rep nationwide, I've even heard us referred to as a "small market" to which I LOL'ed so hard I gave myself a headache.....yeah....small market....never mind 4th largest city in the country, top 10 media market, energy capital of the country if not world, etc....

Thorn 11-12-2012 09:25 AM

Who cares anyway?

Hervoyel 11-12-2012 09:28 AM

Again with the cries of "Respect Us!". Come on guys, this **** gets embarrassing after a while. Don't be so needy.

TheRealJoker 11-12-2012 09:31 AM

Danieal is definitely the most underrated Manning in the family.

Playoffs 11-12-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 2056204)
Who cares anyway?

http://www.stampfrancisco.com/images/RedArrow_Up.gif This.

ItsMyFault 11-12-2012 09:39 AM

It really doesn't matter. Earning respect isn't going to bring W's. As long as this team keeps winning and does it's winning in January, they'll do the speaking for themselves.

I also liked what someone in this said earlier. Flying under the radar (kinda hard to do with the record this team has right now), but that's one thing I really liked about last year's team.

welsh texan 11-12-2012 09:53 AM

I echo the thoughts of a few posters in this thread...get over it.

How do you think Giants fans feel on the brink of a dynasty and all the media can talk about is the Jets.

Thorn 11-12-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welsh texan (Post 2056246)
I echo the thoughts of a few posters in this thread...get over it.

How do you think Giants fans feel on the brink of a dynasty and all the media can talk about is the Jets.

LOL, good one. Never thought of that.

gtexan02 11-12-2012 10:00 AM

I think we get a ton of respect. JJ was on the cover of SI, Arian was on the cover of ESPN the mag. We have tons of first place votes and lots of first page articles on the big news networks. We're a consensus superbowl pick, the favorite to the win the AFC, and fantasy people pay attention to us. What do you want, exactly?

GP 11-12-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtexan02 (Post 2056252)
I think we get a ton of respect. JJ was on the cover of SI, Arian was on the cover of ESPN the mag. We have tons of first place votes and lots of first page articles on the big news networks. We're a consensus superbowl pick, the favorite to the win the AFC, and fantasy people pay attention to us. What do you want, exactly?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0_-_Is1S9K...need+a+hug.jpg

Corrosion 11-12-2012 10:17 AM

Dont care ... Just keep winning.

That is all.

Dread-Head 11-12-2012 10:31 AM

Despite having a Bull for a mascott, the Texans have shown the NFL they aint BULL I$HTTIN'!

houstonspartan 11-12-2012 10:36 AM

This again.

ESPN - the magazine, the network, the website - has been hyping us up all year, giving us tons of attention and accolades, and we're STILL worried about respect?

DX-TEX 11-12-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTown2ATX (Post 2056203)
^^This

I'm already hearing excuses on why the Bears lost nationally and how you "can't really take anything away from this game as far as learning something since it was bad weather and Cutler got knocked out", etc. I'm sure when I'm home at lunch the idiots on First Take will say stupid stuff downplaying the Texans.

So you heard Michael Irvins comments on Gameday Final to?

Corrosion 11-12-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonspartan (Post 2056297)
This again.

ESPN - the magazine, the network, the website - has been hyping us up all year, giving us tons of attention and accolades, and we're STILL worried about respect?

I wish they would just ignore us .... hell , I wish John McLain would ignore the team.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hervoyel (Post 2056207)
Again with the cries of "Respect Us!". Come on guys, this **** gets embarrassing after a while. Don't be so needy.

Well , after a decade of futility ... I think its OK for some fans to be a lil needy. But for myself .... I dont care , just keep posting W's.

silentassassin 11-12-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrosion (Post 2056310)
I wish they would just ignore us .... hell , I wish John McLain would ignore the team.

Well , after a decade of futility ... I think its OK for some fans to be a lil needy. But for myself .... I dont care , just keep posting W's.

Yeah I was at this point for a while. Especially last season. But I've discovered getting the W is much more satisfying, and seeing the Texans fly under the radar is just fine with me.