Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Collinsworth can go suck a big fat stick (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96147)

Grid 11-12-2012 09:00 AM

Collinsworth can go suck a big fat stick

Has anyone else noticed that Collinsworth seems to dislike us?

I noticed it first in the Greenbay game where he had absolutely nothing positive to say about us from the first snap till the end of the game. Well that isnt entirely true.. he would say something positive but immediately follow it up with a "...but".

For example, he might say something like "J.J. Watt is just a beast in the pass rush. ...but the question is, does Houston have anyone else on this defense that they can rely on."

Then he would follow that up with a 5 minute dissertation on the sheen and definition of Clay Mathews' pulsing biceps and how if Jesus himself came down from heaven the first thing he would want to do is get Clay to sign his sandals.

He earned my ire in the GB game, and then solidified his place as "one of my least favorite people" in last nights game.

Now... my mother is far from "football savvy". And 99% of the time, when the Texans are playing, she watches about 5 minutes of actual game, and listens to the rest of it in spurts while she is walking around her house cleaning. But even she called me last night and asked me if Collinsworth used to be a Chicago Bear or something because he seemed to really favor them over us.

Its freakin annoying. The deuce-head even went so far as to say that the Bears are bigger and stronger and are looking to overpower a weaker Texans team.

I understand that color commentary requires you to voice your opinion as often as the facts.. but it seems really unprofessional to me that a primetime announcer should be so obviously bias.

Whatever the case.. if I ever meet him in person im gonna give him the stink eye and spit on his adidas.

TexansSeminole 11-12-2012 09:05 AM

Yea, it's just you. I don't think Collinsworth is biased at all. He gave us plenty of props in that game.

Why so sensitive?

BigBull17 11-12-2012 09:09 AM

Re: Collinsworth can go suck a big fat stick

Even my wife noticed the lack of professionalism from Collinsworth. You are supposed to be impartial and he was far from it. He went on and on about the oline blowing up our dline on run plays, when that just wasnt true. Maybe 6 inches.

Thorn 11-12-2012 09:10 AM

Collinsworth picked the Texans to beat Chicago on Inside the NFL last week.

ItsMyFault 11-12-2012 09:12 AM

I honestly didn't notice it very much at all.

Even if it was there, I can kind of understand why teams who regularly have primetime games year in and year out got some more respect over the new kids that are new primetime.

But really, I mean I really don't think Collinsworth was all that bad.

TheIronDuke 11-12-2012 09:18 AM

Funny you posted this because on the Bears forum there's a thread about Collinsworth. In opinions I've seen, they feel like he was hating on them. So I think fans of both teams hear what they want to hear, I thought it seemed like he was slobbing the Bears' knobs all game but I am obviously partial to the Texans.

Here's the thread on the Bears MB.

http://dabears.com/showthread.php?45...s-Collinsworth

Stemp 11-12-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 2056157)
Collinsworth picked the Texans to beat Chicago on Inside the NFL last week.

He didn't announce it since he was calling the game,but yeah he did.

Also, he and Phill picked every game the same except Dallas/Philly and Collinsworth picked Philly.

Stemp 11-12-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheIronDuke (Post 2056159)
Funny you posted this because on the Bears forum there's a thread about Collinsworth. In opinions I've seen, they feel like he was hating on them. So I think fans of both teams hear what they want to hear, I thought it seemed like he was slobbing the Bears' knobs all game but I am obviously partial to the Texans.

Here's the thread on the Bears MB.

http://dabears.com/showthread.php?45...s-Collinsworth

He hates the Bears but was complimenting them all night.

Plus, only 3 idiots posted on that. I think the rest are just rolling their eyes.

:kubepalm:

Trail.Blazr 11-12-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexansSeminole (Post 2056152)
Yea, it's just you. I don't think Collinsworth is biased at all. He gave us plenty of props in that game.

Why so sensitive?

HAHA!!! I think he just hates listening to the NECK as much as I do, so selective hearing kicks in. Most everyone has that announcer that gives you the fingernails on chalkboard effect.

Fact: NOBODY loves Chris Collinsworth more than Chris Collinsworth.

TheIronDuke 11-12-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stemp (Post 2056163)
He hates the Bears but was complimenting them all night.

Plus, only 3 idiots posted on that. I think the rest are just rolling their eyes.

:kubepalm:

The thread was just started a few minutes ago. I've seen a couple of mentions in other threads that Collinsworth hated them as well.

IDEXAN 11-12-2012 09:42 AM

Let me join the list of others who say that Collingsworth has given the Texans
a fair shake in his reporting/analysis of their performance and during games
they are involved in playing.

jahunter221 11-12-2012 10:06 AM

You people that dont hear the bias against the texans from this pencil neck peckerwood must have ADD.:wild:

FirstTexansFan 11-12-2012 10:10 AM

I'm old, deaf and blind and the sorry pos grates on my last nerve... but apparently not as deaf as some of these posters.. seriously, you can defend this turd? :vincepalm:

HOU-TEX 11-12-2012 10:10 AM

Eh, I don't have a problem with Collinsworth other than the sound of his voice.

Heck, Al Michaels used to take digs at us too.

Hervoyel 11-12-2012 10:12 AM

I didn't notice anything all that negative from Collinsworth. I think Houston fans have a natural propensity for thin-skinned whining. Anytime we don't get our collective knobs polished by the national media it's part of some "Hate On Houston" campaign that's secretely funded by ESPN and the Eastern/Liberal/Elite.

Frankly I find it unbecoming but that's just me.

Hervoyel 11-12-2012 10:14 AM

I should add that I don't think Collinsworth is very good. I just think he's more or less equally bad to everybody.

Porky 11-12-2012 10:16 AM

Fair and balanced crew. I enjoyed watching them in prime time and didn't notice a thing that bothered me. We just beat the tar (physically) out of the Bears and we complain about the color guy on the broadcast? Weird. :vincepalm:

Thorn 11-12-2012 10:29 AM

Collinsworth ain't that bad. But, people hear what they want to hear. if he bothers you that much, mute the TV. I've done that on muliple occasions when the announcers are acting like pricks. You know, it's really not bad watching the game with no sound, or with some music.

TheRealJoker 11-12-2012 10:32 AM

Collinsworth got shut down by Wade's dad his entire career.... hence why he doesn't like us.

Playoffs 11-12-2012 10:37 AM

Too much whining on TT this morning, need more celebrating. :d: