Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   afc south (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96127)

coltfan123 11-11-2012 03:13 PM

afc south

Hello colts fan here (I come in peace) just wondering what you guys feel about colts one game behind you (pending bears game). Texans fans at all worried colts could threaten division?

anyways im rooting for texans to beat the bears..and a no injury game.

rmartin65 11-11-2012 03:16 PM

Re: afc south

I am not terribly worried, as in the last 3 weeks our 2 teams play twice, and I like the Texans match-up vs the Colts. I think we sweep you guys. That said, you have had an impressive turn around. I dont look forward to playing Luck for the next 15 years.

Lurvinator11 11-11-2012 03:18 PM

The Colts have been the surprise of the season.

In fact, I am thinking they could get a wild card spot. I'm not too worried, I feel like they will have a let down.

I will say this though, just because they're having a great season now, doesn't mean they will have one next season. We will have to see how everything plays out.

srrono 11-11-2012 03:19 PM

IND will get a test next week @ NE

kiwitexansfan 11-11-2012 03:22 PM

Not worried for this year, I think we sweep you guys too.

As someone else said playing Luck for the next 15 is more concerning. It will all depend on what the Colts Front Office can build around Luck and if Pagano/Arians can actually coach once they can't trade on emotion.

coltfan123 11-11-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srrono (Post 2054530)
IND will get a test next week @ NE

Im not as worried about the patriots as i thought id be, buffalo dam near beat them.last week felt you guys were flat agaisnt bills. But after seeing this game got to say Texans defense looks very scary.

Playoffs 11-11-2012 03:29 PM

We've got bigger fish to fry than the Colts, atm.

Come back in a month.

welsh texan 11-11-2012 03:35 PM

Just think our team will take care of business while the Colts are on a good run and playing above themselves - they've got games that they'll lose before it comes to the 2 end of season matchups.

Think Tennessee were in a similar position around this stage last season weren't they. They dared to dream, look at them now.

BullBlitz 11-11-2012 03:36 PM

The Colts are playing with a purpose, a lot of heart, and are getting a little better and more confident every week. They beat the Packers at home, so I wouldn't count them out against anyone when playing in Indy. I think that the Texans' last 4 games (Patriots away, Colts here, Vikings here and Colts away) will be a factor in their playoff seeding.

Nawzer 11-11-2012 03:41 PM

I think we'll loose one game against the Colts because we'll have home field wrapped up. :-)

coltfan123 11-11-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BullBlitz (Post 2054542)
The Colts are playing with a purpose, a lot of heart, and are getting a little better and more confident every week. They beat the Packers at home, so I wouldn't count them out against anyone when playing in Indy. I think that the Texans' last 4 games (Patriots away, Colts here, Vikings here and Colts away) will be a factor in their playoff seeding.

Cancer does that to people

Stemp 11-11-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nawzer (Post 2054544)
I think we'll loose one game against the Colts because we'll have home field wrapped up. :-)

Colts better hope so. The last game may be what puts them in a wildcard.

ItsMyFault 11-11-2012 04:01 PM

Not worried at all about the Colts.

coltfan123 11-11-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stemp (Post 2054547)
Colts better hope so. The last game may be what puts them in a wildcard.

Texans not out of the clear yet thou, still got some tough games ahead of them, could come down to last game.

JCTexan 11-11-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coltfan123 (Post 2054523)
Hello colts fan here (I come in peace) just wondering what you guys feel about colts one game behind you (pending bears game). Texans fans at all worried colts could threaten division?

anyways im rooting for texans to beat the bears..and a no injury game.

I'm not too worried right now. Indy will be @NE next week while Houston will be at home against Jacksonville. If Houston only has a one game lead after Thanksgiving I'll revisit this discussion, though.

Thorn 11-11-2012 04:13 PM

I think we'll be 5-1 in the division, that one loss to the Colts, last game at their place. We'll still win the division though.

Stemp 11-11-2012 04:15 PM

Anything can happen but will likely happen is that Indy lose:
@NE
vs Buffalo
@Detroit
@Houston
And may even lose to TN, but I'll count that game as a win for now

Texans will likely lose:
@NE
and one or two other games.

Houston will be 13-2 or maybe 12-3 going into the final game.
If Houston has homefield sewn up, they likely rest their starters and Indy may backdoor into a wildcard spot.

If not, Houston likely beats the Colts and is the only AFC South team to make the playoffs.

jaayteetx 11-11-2012 04:23 PM

Schedule maker did the Colts a favor by putting the Texans games in the last three weeks, otherwise you can bet they would have another loss at this point. But I echo everyone's thoughts on playing Luck in the future, could one franchise literally get any "luckier"?

Lucky 11-11-2012 04:24 PM

I think the Colts have a good shot at the #6 seed. They've got at least a 2 game lead with a tiebreak advantage over the Jets, Phins, and Titans. For Luck to get a taste of playoff experience as a rookie would be a huge boost to his development.

Titans Sux 72 11-11-2012 04:25 PM

I think Luck is the real deal and your defense is pretty strong. I also feel the Colts are riding the Pagano wave. Pure emotion and heart. Just like the Raiders when they beat the Texans last year a day after Al died.

I just love the fact that y'all have rebuilt in 1/2 a year and lapped the titans.