Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Arian Foster running out of bounds (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96006)

El Tejano 11-06-2012 09:55 AM

Arian Foster running out of bounds
 
Anyone else yelling in their house for him to stay in bounds on some of his runs?

This game vs. Buffalo could've been a bit bigger of a point margin. At one point in the 4th quarter around 6:00 and some change, Arian breaks about a 10-15 yard (or more) run. He gets the first down and some but instead of staying in bounds he walks out of bounds.

I'm not saying I want him to turn inside and lower his shoulder or anything but simply falling down in bounds, at that point, would've really helped our team get that game over with.

A good example would be how when we got the ball back on offense later at that time, and James Casey gets a pass and runs for a 1st down and simply falls in bounds to keep the clock rolling.

To me, these are small things that could be reminded to players because that's how you escape with road wins/playoff wins. + it takes the winds out of a defense's momentum.

TexanSam 11-06-2012 09:58 AM

Re: Arian Foster running out of bounds
 
With him on pace to get close to 400 carries this season, I can't completely blame him for running out of bounds when he can.

El Tejano 11-06-2012 10:00 AM

Re: Arian Foster running out of bounds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TexanSam (Post 2051588)
With him on pace to get close to 400 carries this season, I can't completely blame him for running out of bounds when he can.

I agree but there are some times when he runs out of bounds and the game is pretty much in hand/puts more pressure on the defense if he stays in bounds.

I'm just saying, better game clock management from all parts or our team is a good thing. James Casey knew what was going on when he got his play.

Trail.Blazr 11-06-2012 10:08 AM

Re: Arian Foster running out of bounds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by El Tejano (Post 2051591)
I agree but there are some times when he runs out of bounds and the game is pretty much in hand/puts more pressure on the defense if he stays in bounds.

I'm just saying, better game clock management from all parts or our team is a good thing. James Casey knew what was going on when he got his play.

QFT

But based on Kubiak's playcalling toward the end, I get the sense the Texans weren't really worried about running out the clock?

ChampionTexan 11-06-2012 10:11 AM

Re: Arian Foster running out of bounds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by El Tejano (Post 2051585)
Anyone else yelling in their house for him to stay in bounds on some of his runs?

This game vs. Buffalo could've been a bit bigger of a point margin. At one point in the 4th quarter around 6:00 and some change, Arian breaks about a 10-15 yard (or more) run. He gets the first down and some but instead of staying in bounds he walks out of bounds.

I'm not saying I want him to turn inside and lower his shoulder or anything but simply falling down in bounds, at that point, would've really helped our team get that game over with.

A good example would be how when we got the ball back on offense later at that time, and James Casey gets a pass and runs for a 1st down and simply falls in bounds to keep the clock rolling.

To me, these are small things that could be reminded to players because that's how you escape with road wins/playoff wins. + it takes the winds out of a defense's momentum.

The clock only stops on out of bound plays in the last two minutes of the 1st half, and the last five minutes of the 2nd half. Running out of bounds with 6 minutes left in the game did nothing to extend the game.

Edit: Just checked the play by play, and no Texans RB ran the ball out of bounds in the last five minutes of Sunday's game.

Big Lou 11-06-2012 11:00 AM

Re: Arian Foster running out of bounds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TexanSam (Post 2051588)
With him on pace to get close to 400 carries this season, I can't completely blame him for running out of bounds when he can.

I noticed it, I prefer players to play physical, but smart. I prefer he limit his wear and tear this year especially if you have the first down, and there is no chance of taking it to the house.

2012Champs 11-06-2012 11:05 AM

Re: Arian Foster running out of bounds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChampionTexan (Post 2051596)
The clock only stops on out of bound plays in the last two minutes of the 1st half, and the last five minutes of the 2nd half. Running out of bounds with 6 minutes left in the game did nothing to extend the game.

Edit: Just checked the play by play, and no Texans RB ran the ball out of bounds in the last five minutes of Sunday's game.



knowing the rules of the game is important

El Tejano 11-06-2012 11:45 AM

Re: Arian Foster running out of bounds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012Champs (Post 2051618)
knowing the rules of the game is important

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking. :spit:

Also, for those that think I want Arian to lower the boom and not go out of bounds that is wrong. I simply want him to go down and stay in bounds after getting the 1st in that situation.

JCTexan 11-06-2012 11:50 AM

Re: Arian Foster running out of bounds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by El Tejano (Post 2051649)
Yeah, exactly what I was thinking. :spit:

Also, for those that think I want Arian to lower the boom and not go out of bounds that is wrong. I simply want him to go down and stay in bounds after getting the 1st in that situation.

Yeah but the clock continues to run with six minutes remaining. There is no reason to go down in bounds and take a hit when the clock shouldn't factor into the equation.

El Tejano 11-06-2012 11:57 AM

Re: Arian Foster running out of bounds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JCTexan (Post 2051652)
Yeah but the clock continues to run with six minutes remaining. There is no reason to go down in bounds and take a hit when the clock shouldn't factor into the equation.

Based on that, we could've gotten into a 4 minute offense alot faster.

Allstar 11-06-2012 11:58 AM

Re: Arian Foster running out of bounds
 
I actually think Foster does a pretty good job of tight roping the sideline and staying in bounds.

ChampionTexan 11-06-2012 12:00 PM

Re: Arian Foster running out of bounds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by El Tejano (Post 2051656)
Based on that, we could've gotten into a 4 minute offense alot faster.

You do understand that the game clock did not stop when Foster ran out of bounds at approx. the 6 minute mark don't you?

The Pencil Neck 11-06-2012 12:01 PM

Re: Arian Foster running out of bounds
 
I'm not going to fault him for occasionally running out of bounds. There are a lot of instances where he walks the tight-rope and there are lots of times he does fight for those extra yards.

I mean, just remember that run along the sideline against the Bengals in the playoffs. That was awesome beyond awesome-ness.

El Tejano 11-06-2012 12:06 PM

Re: Arian Foster running out of bounds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChampionTexan (Post 2051661)
You do understand that the game clock did not stop when Foster ran out of bounds at approx. the 6 minute mark don't you?

I didn't notice that.

ChampionTexan 11-06-2012 12:09 PM

Re: Arian Foster running out of bounds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by El Tejano (Post 2051668)
I didn't notice that.

It's not a matter of noticing it - it's a matter of understanding the rules.

The Pencil Neck 11-06-2012 12:11 PM

Re: Arian Foster running out of bounds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by El Tejano (Post 2051668)
I didn't notice that.

Yep. That was one of the rule changes to speed up the game.

Running out of bounds only stops the clock in the last 2 minutes of the 2nd and 4th quarters. So there's no reason for him to take a hit to try to keep the clock running.

ChampionTexan 11-06-2012 12:13 PM

Re: Arian Foster running out of bounds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck (Post 2051675)
Yep. That was one of the rule changes to speed up the game.

Running out of bounds only stops the clock in the last 2 minutes of the 2nd and 4th quarters. So there's no reason for him to take a hit to try to keep the clock running.

2 minutes of first half - 5 minutes of second half.

El Tejano 11-06-2012 12:13 PM

Re: Arian Foster running out of bounds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck (Post 2051675)
Yep. That was one of the rule changes to speed up the game.

Running out of bounds only stops the clock in the last 2 minutes of the 2nd and 4th quarters. So there's no reason for him to take a hit to try to keep the clock running.

Well :mariopalm: me. Thanks for updating me.

TexanSam 11-06-2012 12:17 PM

Re: Arian Foster running out of bounds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Lou (Post 2051617)
I noticed it, I prefer players to play physical, but smart. I prefer he limit his wear and tear this year especially if you have the first down, and there is no chance of taking it to the house.

He also rides a Segway during the week when he can according to Dan Fouts so he stays off his legs. Never thought of that before, but I imagine that does help also.

The Pencil Neck 11-06-2012 12:18 PM

Re: Arian Foster running out of bounds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChampionTexan (Post 2051677)
2 minutes of first half - 5 minutes of second half.

Oh? I thought it was last two minutes for both halves.

I just re-checked the rules and you are correct, sir!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger