Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Walter and Daniels Added to Injury Report (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95895)

TheIronDuke 11-01-2012 04:08 PM

Walter and Daniels Added to Injury Report

Hope OD is good to go by Sunday!

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/1...texans-report/

gtexan02 11-01-2012 04:10 PM

Re: Walter and Daniels Added to Injury Report

I thought bye weeks were supposed to reduce the number of players that were injured

CloakNNNdagger 11-01-2012 04:18 PM

At least Walter is out because of illness, not some injury.

SAMURAITEXAN 11-01-2012 07:04 PM

TJ's right elbow? Too much practice?

Sway 11-01-2012 07:04 PM

we Need OD on the field regardless of who we play for sure. wonder why no WR's were picked up

Marcus 11-01-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sway (Post 2048918)
we Need OD on the field regardless of who we play for sure. Wonder why no WR's were picked up

Scraping the bottom of the barrel, are we?

Cjeremy635 11-01-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN (Post 2048917)
TJ's right elbow? Too much practice?

Too much spanking the monkey would be my guess....:thinking:

Texn4life 11-01-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheIronDuke (Post 2048801)

If he was limited in practice then he'll play unless he has a setback. If they feared that he wasn't healthy enough to play then he would've been held out of practice.

As much as I want to see Walter play Sunday and play well I need to see something out of our young receivers. So far we're dealing with similar issues as the past where we aren't getting much out of the position other than Andre and KW. A ton of opportunities haven't been there because we've held such big leads and ran the air out of the ball in the second half of games, but I just want to try to get these guys involved more somehow.

htownfan32 11-01-2012 10:30 PM

As much as it would hamper our offense to NOT have OD out there on the field... anyone think that TE has become less of a draft need after seeing Graham's hands? I think we give him a chance and he'll be our guy pretty quick. If that FB we traded for back when with the Bears pans out, and Thor gets sent back to TE where he can make a huge difference, he and Casey could make opposing DCs tremble.

htownfan32 11-01-2012 10:31 PM

Clarification: I'm not saying we don't need OD - he's a huge cog in our offense. I'm just saying our future TE look may already be with us.

welsh texan 11-02-2012 09:07 AM

Agreed, pretty happy with our depth at TE, but OD is a special player who I feel is only just getting back to his best after a good few years that have been either cut short or held back by injuries.

Walter is a guy who I stood up for in the offseason, the kind of guy who will always be underrated during the offseason because on paper he's nothing special.

I like what we've got behind him and am more comfortable if he's limited/out come game time because Keymart, Posey and Jean are all talented guys who need good reps to develop. As long as he's healthy come playoff time its good by me.

When the games really count, you need Walter in there to take those 3rd and medium catches, do the really dirty stuff over the middle and in the shorter game etc.

Insideop 11-02-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htownfan32 (Post 2049040)
As much as it would hamper our offense to NOT have OD out there on the field... anyone think that TE has become less of a draft need after seeing Graham's hands? I think we give him a chance and he'll be our guy pretty quick. If that FB we traded for back when with the Bears pans out, and Thor gets sent back to TE where he can make a huge difference, he and Casey could make opposing DCs tremble.

No. I don't think it has become any less of a need. We only have 2 TE's on our roster right now, not counting Casey. If 1 of them goes down, then you are forced to move Casey to TE and put Clutts (Great name for a football player.) in at FB, with no depth behind either position. Even if you picked up another FA, it takes time to get them adjusted to the scheme. Besides, OD isn't getting any younger (30 next year.), so we need to keep filling the pipeline. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Casey back at TE too, which I think is more his natural position. But, I'm still hoping the Texans draft 1 of those big fast TE's with good hands that can block too!

badboy 11-02-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welsh texan (Post 2049130)
Agreed, pretty happy with our depth at TE, but OD is a special player who I feel is only just getting back to his best after a good few years that have been either cut short or held back by injuries.

Walter is a guy who I stood up for in the offseason, the kind of guy who will always be underrated during the offseason because on paper he's nothing special.

I like what we've got behind him and am more comfortable if he's limited/out come game time because Keymart, Posey and Jean are all talented guys who need good reps to develop. As long as he's healthy come playoff time its good by me.

When the games really count, you need Walter in there to take those 3rd and medium catches, do the really dirty stuff over the middle and in the shorter game etc.

Keep eye on Tyler Eifert Notre Dame who could be better than Daniels & might be available in first round.

Goldensilence 11-02-2012 10:53 PM

All I am going to sat is IF OD isn't ready to go.....Casey is just as it not more. a dangerous target.

This offense comes at you from so many different angles.

SCOTTexans 11-05-2012 07:44 AM

Injury reports are just a mandatory strategy play... Walter and OD both had good games and if A holding call wouldnt have brought back Walters 40 yard bomb, he would have had a badass game

SCOTTexans 11-05-2012 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badboy (Post 2049495)
Keep eye on Tyler Eifert Notre Dame who could be better than Daniels & might be available in first round.

I don't think we need to waste a first round pick on a TE, we have some good depth. Maybe a late round steal, but Rick does say he drafts the best player thats available and not the position

welsh texan 11-05-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Do you really see TE as an option for Smithiak in the first round? They've only ever taken 1 offensive player in the first and seem to prefer middle to late round developmental pickups at the position. It seems as if they are just getting Casey and Graham to where they want them to be, and would be more likely to grab someone later on to teach rather than using a high level pick on one.

TexansSeminole 11-05-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welsh texan (Post 2050797)
Do you really see TE as an option for Smithiak in the first round? They've only ever taken 1 offensive player in the first and seem to prefer middle to late round developmental pickups at the position. It seems as if they are just getting Casey and Graham to where they want them to be, and would be more likely to grab someone later on to teach rather than using a high level pick on one.

I see us handling tight end later on in the draft. We don't need a top flight height, weight, speed guy in this offense anyway. A good route runner with a nice set of hands is all that is required. If we keep using 4th and 5th rounders on tight ends, we will find that guy.

GP 11-05-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Have a feeling it won't be a TE in the first, but if he's THAT good and if Kubiak is THAT anxious about the future of OD, not just the immediate future but maybe a few years beyond right now, then I'd be OK with it. The TE is huuuuuge in this offense. We'd be worse off without Owen Daniels, guys.

Having said that, I think ILB should be the draft choice. It's a serious need right now. SERIOUS NEED. Not a subtle need, not a luxury need. Serious need.

And having said that, we know Rick Smith on draft day will target around 3 players who might or might not play different positions that he thinks fits this team's mentality and talent needs. And positional needs, as well.

Just as Mercilus fell to us out of the open sky above, I'm thinking Rick will wait for one of his key guys to fall to him on draft day. If we're at the tail end of Round 1, like we should be (wink, wink, nod, nod...) then maybe a monster TE would be smart since he'd probably go at beginning of Round 2.

BigBull17 11-06-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexansSeminole (Post 2050807)
I see us handling tight end later on in the draft. We don't need a top flight height, weight, speed guy in this offense anyway. A good route runner with a nice set of hands is all that is required. If we keep using 4th and 5th rounders on tight ends, we will find that guy.

While I do agree, can you imagine a Jimmy Graham/Gronkowski in this offense? Scary stuff. Just sayni...