Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Lots of love from ESPN.com - three articles (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95700)

paycheck71 10-24-2012 12:22 PM

Lots of love from ESPN.com - three articles
 
Quote:

But Schaub doesn't worry about these things. He doesn't seem fazed by much of anything. There was the time last spring when a number of teams were courting Manning, and Texans coach Gary Kubiak texted his quarterback and asked him to pick up the future Hall of Fame quarterback at the airport. Kubiak was kidding, but that's not exactly the type of thing you joke about via text. Manning was causing insecurity complexes all over the league last spring.
Three articles on the Texans from the front page of the espn's nfl section.

LINK1

LINK2

LINK3

76Texan 10-24-2012 12:40 PM

Re: Lots of love from ESPN.com - three articles
 
Thanks for the links.

Watt is just a monster! :kingkong:

GP 10-24-2012 12:49 PM

Re: Lots of love from ESPN.com - three articles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by paycheck71 (Post 2044250)
Three articles on the Texans from the front page of the espn's nfl section.

LINK1

LINK2

LINK3

Quote:

Three articles on the Texans from the front page of the espn's nfl section.

LINK1
This is what some of the doofs in the comments section had to say, so I popped off a reply to their genius conversation:

videriant
I can't believe how long the author managed to make this article.


Selvin4715
LOL yeah she could have edited 30% of it out

GPtexans
Yeah, your one sentence posts are so engaging. I agree. Who needs to hear something in-depth and (gasp!) loooooong when there's so much other stuff for you guys to read and then $@%!$ about on here. LOL. Wow. #shakeweightmotion

gtexan02 10-24-2012 12:50 PM

Re: Lots of love from ESPN.com - three articles
 
Just reading those now. Great stuff

GP 10-24-2012 01:04 PM

Re: Lots of love from ESPN.com - three articles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gtexan02 (Post 2044269)
Just reading those now. Great stuff

I just tagged 300+ rep points onto the OP.

Everyone needs to rep him. Nice articles, and he brought them all under one thread. Nicely done.

Gave me a nice little lift to my Wednesday.

houstonspartan 10-24-2012 01:05 PM

Re: Lots of love from ESPN.com - three articles
 
My only quibble with the Schaub piece is about how "drama free" the Texans always are. Um, let's not forget that Brian Cushing embarrassed this entire town and franchise a couple of years ago after being busted for 'roids, and then our owner made it even MORE embarrassing by appealing Cushing had some kind of absurd medical condition.

2012Champs 10-24-2012 01:10 PM

Re: Lots of love from ESPN.com - three articles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonspartan (Post 2044278)
My only quibble with the Schaub piece is about how "drama free" the Texans always are. Um, let's not forget that Brian Cushing embarrassed this entire town and franchise a couple of years ago after being busted for 'roids, and then our owner made it even MORE embarrassing by appealing Cushing had some kind of absurd medical condition.



Im not embarassed by it and dont know any other person that is

infantrycak 10-24-2012 01:21 PM

Re: Lots of love from ESPN.com - three articles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonspartan (Post 2044278)
My only quibble with the Schaub piece is about how "drama free" the Texans always are. Um, let's not forget that Brian Cushing embarrassed this entire town and franchise a couple of years ago after being busted for 'roids, and then our owner made it even MORE embarrassing by appealing Cushing had some kind of absurd medical condition.

It was for hcg not steroids.

I wasn't embarrassed.

One incident in 10.5 seasons means the Texans are typical. The Bengals have had 10+ incidents within the last few months. Marcus Coleman is the last Texan I can remember getting correctly arrested after he drove after drinking with Jamie Sharper. The names should tell you how long ago that was.

houstonspartan 10-24-2012 01:23 PM

Re: Lots of love from ESPN.com - three articles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012Champs (Post 2044281)
Im not embarassed by it and dont know any other person that is

I was. I'm not now; I'm over it. But that whole situation with McNair trying to push "overtrained athletes syndrome" was embarrassing.

houstonspartan 10-24-2012 01:24 PM

Re: Lots of love from ESPN.com - three articles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 2044287)
It was for hcg not steroids.

I wasn't embarrassed.

One incident in 10.5 seasons means the Texans are typical. The Bengals have had 10+ incidents within the last few months. Marcus Coleman is the last Texan I can remember getting correctly arrested after he drove after drinking with Jamie Sharper. The names should tell you how long ago that was.

I agree. The Bengals are a mess. As are the Lions. I just thought the whole thing was embarrassing, and glad it's over. Again: that's just my opinion.

Playoffs 10-24-2012 01:32 PM

Re: Lots of love from ESPN.com - three articles
 
Quote:

Schaub does a pretty good job of blending into a Texas autumn.
Wut? A Texas autumn? :lol:

SmoochyTX 10-24-2012 04:53 PM

Re: Lots of love from ESPN.com - three articles
 
Thanks for posting these!

I just finished reading these three articles and I have to say they were extremely nice. Getting some extra love from the media is great when your team is doing good but these articles were fantastic. I hope to see more articles like this on our Texans players and hopefully coaches.

Thorn 10-24-2012 05:43 PM

Re: Lots of love from ESPN.com - three articles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2044295)
Wut? A Texas autumn? :lol:

We have two seasons in Houston, Summer and Not-Summer. There is no autumn, winter or spring. LOL

Malloy 10-24-2012 06:16 PM

Re: Lots of love from ESPN.com - three articles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 2044436)
We have two seasons in Houston, Summer and Not-Summer. There is no autumn, winter or spring. LOL

I destinctly remember one week of spring... and one morning of snow!! :)

paycheck71 10-24-2012 06:39 PM

Re: Lots of love from ESPN.com - three articles
 
Wow. Thanks for the rep, everybody!

ObsiWan 10-24-2012 06:46 PM

Re: Lots of love from ESPN.com - three articles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by paycheck71 (Post 2044456)
Wow. Thanks for the rep, everybody!

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...VWN6FthLlsZ89n

Lucky 10-24-2012 10:38 PM

Re: Lots of love from ESPN.com - three articles
 
From the Schaub article linked above:

Quote:

There was the time last spring when a number of teams were courting Manning, and Texans coach Gary Kubiak texted his quarterback and asked him to pick up the future Hall of Fame quarterback at the airport. Kubiak was kidding, but that's not exactly the type of thing you joke about via text. Manning was causing insecurity complexes all over the league last spring.

Schaub said he simply laughed and texted, "I'll send him back to Terminal C."
:spit: I didn't know Kubiak could be that funny.

NastyNate 10-25-2012 05:26 AM

Re: Lots of love from ESPN.com - three articles
 
Kubes is hilarious and Schaub is a witty mamma jamma.

drs23 10-25-2012 11:24 AM

Re: Lots of love from ESPN.com - three articles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by paycheck71 (Post 2044250)
Three articles on the Texans from the front page of the espn's nfl section.

LINK1

LINK2

LINK3

Great reads. Definitely rep well deserved!

MEGA SWATT 10-25-2012 10:57 PM

Re: Lots of love from ESPN.com - three articles
 
cool, thanks!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger