Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Are the Texans trading for Dwayne Bowe? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95690)

b0ng 10-23-2012 06:44 PM

Are the Texans trading for Dwayne Bowe?

From twitter:

@SedanoShow Rumor swirling that KC is still looking to move Dwayne Bowe. But to an AFC South Team

First impression : No freaking way.

However, we are in uncharted territory and I'm not sure if Bowe being franchised has salary cap implications that make this trade doable for the Texans. Head would spin if it did happen.

AFS 10-23-2012 06:49 PM

Re: Are the Texans trading for Dwayne Bowe?

I don't see this being us (though depending on the deal, would not mind at all him playing on this football team). Maybe Jax or Indy?

SAMURAITEXAN 10-23-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0ng (Post 2043957)
From twitter:

@SedanoShow Rumor swirling that KC is still looking to move Dwayne Bowe. But to an AFC South Team

First impression : No freaking way.

However, we are in uncharted territory and I'm not sure if Bowe being franchised has salary cap implications that make this trade doable for the Texans. Head would spin if it did happen.

For Texans? After drafting 2 wrs in 2012 draft? Our cap situation and all? It is us? I am having difficult time believing this. I wouldn't complain if it is true.

SteveSlaton20 10-23-2012 06:57 PM

maybe to the jaguars or the titans? idk, but i did wanted Bowe to come here this offseason... doubt kubiak would trade for him tho. would be a big time red zone threat and would take the double team off of andre. for once i'd love to see andre get 10+ TDs in a season.

Stemp 10-23-2012 06:58 PM

If true, I'm curious what we are willing to give up for him.

TexanSam 10-23-2012 07:03 PM

Dwayne Bowe and Andre Johnson would be awesome. I'd be willing to give up a 2nd round pick this year and maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder next year. But he's making about $9 million this year. Unless we have some way of freeing that much room, it's probably not us.

According to this article the Jags and Titans both have the most available cap room in the NFL at $25 million and $19 million. The Colts have $14 million. We're at $4 million.

Brandon420tx 10-23-2012 07:03 PM

If we did it. It would be before the weekend, like Thursday night imo. To Give Bowe the bye week to start learning offense. I think it would take him 3-4 weeks till Kubiak was comfortable enough to have him on the field.

The only thing I can see that causes us to push for this trade is KMart's sudden case of stone hands when playing WR, as well as maybe there is something more going on with Lestar Jean

srrono 10-23-2012 07:05 PM

Only way I see it being possible is if the Texans send players nearing the cap hit.

Per Rotoworld
8/17/2012: Signed a one-year, $9.515 million contract. The deal is fully guaranteed.

9,515,000 per 16 games
that is 594,687.50 per game
9 games remaining is 5,352,187.50 as a cap hit

Do the Texans get any kind of cap relief when placing players on Injured Reserved?

srrono 10-23-2012 07:07 PM

My guess would be the Colts with them in the race for a playoff spot.

SteveSlaton20 10-23-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stemp (Post 2043967)
If true, I'm curious what we are willing to give up for him.

TJ Yates and an early pick?

Brandon420tx 10-23-2012 07:10 PM

I think when you make a trade that puts you over the cap you have a certain time period to rework a contract before the league steps in. He could sign a new contract upon his arrival.

hot pickle 10-23-2012 07:12 PM

its gonna be indy for sure.

gg no re 10-23-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot pickle (Post 2043981)

This would make the most sense... for the Texans, it'd make more sense for them to deal for a MLB at the deadline.

Goldensilence 10-23-2012 07:17 PM

Titans and Jags drafted high WR's and neither make trade sense at this point in their seasons, even if they do have most cap room.

Only Texans and Indy make sense and for Indy it's not a bad trade considering they are in similar situation with an aging Reggie Wayne.

If and a BIG IF it is the Texans it could just be a one year rental. I am not sure how his salrary this year would impact the current cap or next year's. One year rental or not I'd like what this says about the FO really going for it this year.

SteveSlaton20 10-23-2012 07:18 PM

indy makes sense, but who do they have to trade?

ChampionTexan 10-23-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 (Post 2043976)
TJ Yates and an early pick?

Absolutely not. The guy's an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season, plus, I believe it would take a few weeks to get him acclimated to the offense (if he could even do it before season's end).

I don't think this makes any sense from either a football standpoint, or a cap standpoint, but if it is doable, it better be for next to nothing.

RTP2110 10-23-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot pickle (Post 2043981)

I agree. Jags just drafted Blackmon and signed Robinson. Tacks just drafted Wright in the 1st round and still have Britt and Washington. Indy makes a lot of sense to help Luck out. Keep a close eye on Irsay's twitter.

SteveSlaton20 10-23-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChampionTexan (Post 2043986)
Absolutely not. The guy's an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season, plus, I believe it would take a few weeks to get him acclimated to the offense (if he could even do it before season's end).

I don't think this makes any sense from either a football standpoint, or a cap standpoint, but it it is doable, it better be for next to nothing.

yeah, I like TJ too, but if it was the texans, i dont see who else we would trade.

Texan_Bill 10-23-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srrono (Post 2043974)
My guess would be the Colts with them in the race for a playoff spot.

Jup.... The Colts would be my guess as well. With the state of affairs in the entire AFC, the Colts hitting a wildcard wouldn't be that much of a stretch, not to mention it would give Luck a nice target as the aging Harrison fades out.

SteveSlaton20 10-23-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 2043990)
Jup.... The Colts would be my guess as well. With the state of affairs in the entire AFC, the Colts hitting a wildcard wouldn't be that much of a stretch, not to mention it would give Luck a nice target as the aging Harrison fades out.

man, your age is getting to you Bill...