Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   MJD May have Lisfranc (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95654)

CloakNNNdagger 10-22-2012 07:16 PM

MJD May have Lisfranc
 
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...sfranc-injury/

He may have gotten his money just in time. I hope it turns out to be anything but.

Ryan 10-22-2012 07:22 PM

Re: MJD May have Lisfranc
 
Seems to be a trendy injury now, and since the stats say that it happens in less than 0.3% of foot injuries, a bit surprising.

Playoffs 10-22-2012 07:28 PM

Re: MJD May have Lisfranc
 
Lisfranc is no bueno for running back.

drs23 10-22-2012 08:15 PM

Re: MJD May have Lisfranc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 2043167)
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...sfranc-injury/

He may have gotten his money just in time. I hope it turns out to be anything but.

Doc, of what "money just in time" do you speak? IIRC, his holdout resulted in fines, not a scale bump. MoJo played hard ball and new owner dude played soft balls since that's what he had a fist full of and was squeezing. As was hammered ad nauseum in the media MJD had NO leverage.

Schaub recovered (and really well from what we're seeing) but when all that was being discussed you pointed out many times how it's so much different for a RB. Granted, all speculation at this point but let's say that's what the end result is. Given MJD's age, wear & tear, that could be the Fat Lady for him, huh?

And I'm with you sincerely in hoping that's not the case. I really like watching him do his thing. 'Cept against us of coarse.

I'll hang up and listen. :D

PapaL 10-22-2012 08:57 PM

Re: MJD May have Lisfranc
 
Didn't McFadden also have it last year?

brakos82 10-22-2012 08:57 PM

Re: MJD May have Lisfranc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan (Post 2043174)
Seems to be a trendy injury now, and since the stats say that it happens in less than 0.3% of foot injuries, a bit surprising.

Hipster Schaub had one before it was cool. :shades:

Dutchrudder 10-22-2012 10:15 PM

Re: MJD May have Lisfranc
 
This Liz Frank chick sure does get around. First Schaub, then Santonio Holmes, now MJD? I bet Favre has already a sent her a dozen texts.

Playoffs 10-22-2012 10:31 PM

Re: MJD May have Lisfranc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 2043312)
This Liz Frank chick sure does get around. First Schaub, then Santonio Holmes, now MJD? I bet Favre has already a sent her a dozen texts.

Haven't you read The Diary Of Liz Franc??? :smiliepalm:

CloakNNNdagger 10-22-2012 11:03 PM

Re: MJD May have Lisfranc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drs23 (Post 2043202)
Doc, of what "money just in time" do you speak? IIRC, his holdout resulted in fines, not a scale bump. MoJo played hard ball and new owner dude played soft balls since that's what he had a fist full of and was squeezing. As was hammered ad nauseum in the media MJD had NO leverage.

Schaub recovered (and really well from what we're seeing) but when all that was being discussed you pointed out many times how it's so much different for a RB. Granted, all speculation at this point but let's say that's what the end result is. Given MJD's age, wear & tear, that could be the Fat Lady for him, huh?

And I'm with you sincerely in hoping that's not the case. I really like watching him do his thing. 'Cept against us of coarse.

I'll hang up and listen. :D


Should have put a sarcasm there.:bubbles:

The Lions RB Kevin Jones couldn’t be a more representative example. A 1100+ yd RB as a rookie (only 3rd in Lions’ history). One and one half years later he suffered a left Lisfranc. His career took a down hill course from there. Two years later, he suffered severe left ankle ligament tears.......one year later, he found himself in the UFL.

CloakNNNdagger 10-22-2012 11:04 PM

Re: MJD May have Lisfranc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaL (Post 2043218)
Didn't McFadden also have it last year?

Indeed, he did. McFadden is averaging 17.2 carries and 54 yards per game rushing.....that is 324 yds/103 carries this year. At this point last season, McFadden was the top back in the NFL with 111 carries for 610 yards.

CloakNNNdagger 10-22-2012 11:14 PM

Re: MJD May have Lisfranc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 2043312)
This Liz Frank chick sure does get around. First Schaub, then Santonio Holmes, now MJD? I bet Favre has already a sent her a dozen texts.

You forgot Cedric Benson and Ryan Kalil...............that shameless whore!:kitten:

thunderkyss 10-22-2012 11:31 PM

Re: MJD May have Lisfranc
 
I feel sorry for him if he does have lisfranc. I like MJD, I think he's good from the league.

I don't feel sorry for the Jags though.

Marcus 10-23-2012 04:02 AM

Re: MJD May have Lisfranc
 
Lisfrancs . . .trendy?? :strangle:

stingray 10-23-2012 05:03 PM

Re: MJD May have Lisfranc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 2043368)
Indeed, he did. McFadden is averaging 17.2 carries and 54 yards per game rushing.....that is 324 yds/103 carries this year. At this point last season, McFadden was the top back in the NFL with 111 carries for 610 yards.

To be fair, I have seen Mcfadden run a lot this year. They have changed from a power running scheme to a zone blocking scheme and the holes are just not there like they were last year.

stingray 10-23-2012 05:04 PM

Re: MJD May have Lisfranc
 
No lisfrank, just a sprained foot.


http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85...ot-source-says

CloakNNNdagger 10-23-2012 06:02 PM

Re: MJD May have Lisfranc
 
Foot sprain is a very generic term. It many times refers to ankle ligament sprains. But, technically a midfoot sprain is a Lisfranc. When Grade I, especially, and Grade II (nonsurgical) also occurs, these can sometimes be more "sugar-coated" with the label "sprained foot."

Depending on severity, the Grade I or II non Lisfranc foot sprain (nonsurgically treated) will typically require anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks of recovery before returning to play.

The Pencil Neck 10-23-2012 10:42 PM

Re: MJD May have Lisfranc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 2043901)
Foot sprain is a very generic term. It many times refers to ankle ligament sprains. But, technically a midfoot sprain is a Lisfranc. When Grade I, especially, and Grade II (nonsurgical) also occurs, these can sometimes be more "sugar-coated" with the label "sprained foot."

Depending on severity, the Grade I or II non Lisfranc foot sprain (nonsurgically treated) will typically require anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks of recovery before returning to play.

I'm glad you said that because I was doubting my sanity when I heard it reported that it was a mid-foot sprain but NOT a Lisfranc. I was trying to think of ways I could sprain the middle of my foot without doing something to the tarsus/metatarsal junction thingamajig. Cause that's kinda the definition of a Lisfranc, right?

CloakNNNdagger 10-24-2012 03:08 PM

Re: MJD May have Lisfranc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck (Post 2044068)
I'm glad you said that because I was doubting my sanity when I heard it reported that it was a mid-foot sprain but NOT a Lisfranc. I was trying to think of ways I could sprain the middle of my foot without doing something to the tarsus/metatarsal junction thingamajig. Cause that's kinda the definition of a Lisfranc, right?

You are indeed correct about the thingamajig-Lisfanc "connection"!:)
I had to chuckle about the headlines "

Quote:

Adam Schefter

Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew has a sprained foot the team believes will sideline him multiple games. He does not need foot surgery, which means he does not have Lisfranc, per team source.
Twitter

Not all Lisfranc injuries require surgery........ala, McFadden.

************************************************** **************************
One of many headlines floating around:
Jones-Drew has mid-foot sprain, not Lisfranc injury:wadepalm::kubepalm:

CloakNNNdagger 12-29-2012 11:56 AM

Re: MJD May have Lisfranc
 
Just a "mid foot sprain.........NOT a Lisfranc"???? Right! Didn't make any sense. Now he's been placed on permanent IR and going in for surgery on his Lisfranc. The delayed surgery will very likely compromise his eventual functional outcome. Ideally, a Lisfranc in a serious athlete should be taken to surgery within 12-24 hours following injury, or by 7-10 days when most of the acute swelling has subsided.

Quote:

Jones-Drew's injury was originally feared as a Lisfranc injury, but the Jaguars denied those reports and insisted he would make it back before the end of the season. After returning to practice last week, Jones-Drew sat out the home finale against the New England Patriots and now his 2012 season is over.

Jones-Drew ended the 2012 season with 414 rushing yards, which oddly enough still leads the team in rushing for the season. The Jaguars have been hit hard with injuries at the running back position.
link

Quote:

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP)

Jacksonville Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew is having surgery on his left foot and will be out at least until May.

PAIN TRAIN
Injuries are a part of football, but these players have been hit particularly hard.

The Jaguars (2-13) placed Jones-Drew on injured reserve Friday, two days before the season finale at Tennessee.

But keeping him on the active roster for two months after the Oct. 21 injury - and during the worst season in franchise history - surely creates questions about whether the team botched the whole thing.

Coach Mike Mularkey says Jones-Drew ran again Monday and complained of soreness, so the team sent him to Charlotte, N.C., for a checkup. Renowned foot specialist Dr. Bob Anderson told the Jaguars that the foot wasn't healing as well as expected, so they opted for surgery.

Mularkey says Jones-Drew will be ''hopefully back by May, late May, early June.''
link

Playoffs 12-29-2012 12:10 PM

Re: MJD May have Lisfranc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 2090027)
Jones-Drew ended the 2012 season with 414 rushing yards, which oddly enough still leads the team in rushing for the season.

http://www.beeskneesdance.com/bees_k...impson-doh.gif


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger