Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Ben Tate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95651)

Marcus 10-22-2012 05:25 PM

Ben Tate

I understand he suffered a hamstring injury on the play that injured Ed Reed. Does anyone know bad it is? Anything torn?

SmoochyTX 10-22-2012 05:28 PM

Re: Ben Tate

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus (Post 2043149)
I understand he suffered a hamstring injury on the play that injured Ed Reed. Does anyone know bad it is? Anything torn?

I'm wondering about this as well. Last night I read something saying he'd be evaluated today but I haven't read anything further or heard anything today.

CloakNNNdagger 10-22-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmoochyTX (Post 2043152)
I'm wondering about this as well. Last night I read something saying he'd be evaluated today but I haven't read anything further or heard anything today.

No real reference to severity per se. Can't really make much of Kubiak's statement.

Quote:

The Texans have an upcoming bye, but this explains why Justin Forsett received six late-game carries. Tate wasn't on the field in garbage time. Kubiak is optimistic Tate's hamstring will heal during the open date. The Texans will emerge from Week 8 to face the Bills' horrendous defense in Week 9. Oct.
21 - 6:07 pm et
Source: Tania Ganguli on Twitter

PandapuffTexan 10-22-2012 11:50 PM

Its probably nothing severe, was kubiaks plan to bring out back ups and third stringers to suck any last hope out of the ravens..

CloakNNNdagger 10-23-2012 06:31 PM

Kubiak said just awhile ago that if we were playing a game this week, Tate would definitely NOT be playing.......will re-evaluate next week.

PandapuffTexan 10-23-2012 07:38 PM

sounds serious but dont think we would need tate to beat buffalo.. he should get plenty of rest

Texan_Bill 10-23-2012 07:58 PM

I just got a paper cut at work. I'm lettin' my bosses know that I'm out for 3 to 5 days.... Business days that is... :kitten:

All joking aside, I certainly hope Ben is okay and can rebound with a little rest this week.

CloakNNNdagger 10-24-2012 01:45 PM

Kubiak is calling Tate's hamsting pull "slight.":kitten:

Marcus 10-24-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 2044304)
Kubiak is calling Tate's hamsting pull "slight.":kitten:

Oh crap! That means he's probably done for the year.;)

badboy 10-24-2012 05:14 PM

Trade value dropping?

silvrhand 10-24-2012 08:13 PM

If you watched the play it was both of them got tangled up and ed reed fell oddly on the back of his legs/feet.

CloakNNNdagger 10-29-2012 12:09 PM

Kubiak says Tate will not be practicing the next couple of day.......not looking good for Sunday.

TheIronDuke 10-29-2012 12:36 PM

Geez, Ben Tate can't stay on the field to save his life. Wish we coulda kept Grimes, damn you Holliday!

silvrhand 10-29-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheIronDuke (Post 2046961)
Geez, Ben Tate can't stay on the field to save his life. Wish we coulda kept Grimes, damn you Holliday!

No different than we had a couple years ago, keeping a health RB is a difficult task in the NFL these days.

Dutchrudder 10-29-2012 01:06 PM

So when will he tweet the MRI of his hammy? Some of us fantasy owners would like to know!

Thorn 10-29-2012 01:19 PM

OK, here pretty soon we are gonna have to label Tate as injury prone. He's spent more time injured than actually playing since we drafted him.

Marcus 10-29-2012 02:00 PM

Who is "we"?

CloakNNNdagger 10-30-2012 07:30 PM

If Tate isn't ready to go for an extended period, here's something to think about

Jets have waived Jonathan Grimes

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...an_grimes.html

GP 10-30-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 2047778)
If Tate isn't ready to go for an extended period, here's something to think about

Jets have waived Jonathan Grimes

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...an_grimes.html

Kubiak would be legally insane to not pick Grimes back up.

I know a lot of you think the position would be log-jammed, but I don't care. If we lost Foster or Tate, we'd be screwed in terms of depth. I had Forsett and Grimes as basically the same guy in preseason, so it's not like we'd be trying to see if Grimes can hack it. He can. Now he's available. Go get him, and waive a guy like Alan Ball who will be available any day of the week on the street if needed...Grimes played special teams in the preseason, and he's more valuable than Ball if Tate's injury lingers.

rmartin65 10-30-2012 08:09 PM

I have not been following the Jets this year, but aren't the Jets RB needy? Wasn't there some buzz about them using Tebow as a RB? Why would they cut him then?