Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   T.o.p (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95637)

thunderkyss 10-22-2012 11:32 AM

T.o.p

Did you know the Texans are #1 in T.O.P. on both offense & defense?

Just thought it was interesting.

Tailgate 10-22-2012 11:43 AM

Re: T.o.p

Kinda makes sense doesn't it?

Maddict5 10-22-2012 11:46 AM

umm...you're not going to believe this but the #2 team on offence is also #2 on defence ;)

our ST's really need to pick it up on ToP also :P

The Pencil Neck 10-22-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tailgate (Post 2042837)
Kind of makes sense doesn't it?

I was actually surprised that the two lists weren't exactly the same. I mean, if the game is 60 minutes long and you're holding the ball for 35 minutes then your defense is only on the field for 25 minutes. So if you're #1 in offensive TOP, you should also be #1 in defensive TOP.

BUT.

I think overtime games skew things. So a game isn't always 60 minutes long and it's possible to have the two not synch up exactly.

The Pencil Neck 10-22-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maddict5 (Post 2042843)
umm...you're not going to believe this but the #2 team on offence is also #2 on defence ;)

our ST's really need to pick it up on ToP also :P

BUT...

The #3 team on offense is NOT the #3 team on defense.

The Titans are the worst on Defensive TOP but they are NOT the worst on Offensive TOP.

Besides ST time, you've also got to consider overtime which can change things up quite a bit.

2012Champs 10-22-2012 11:51 AM

Overall I am happy with the team. The greenbay game does give me cause for some concern on both sides of the ball against good NFC teams but I think we can hammer out any issues and I hope we catch fire at the right time

Maddict5 10-22-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck (Post 2042850)
BUT...

The #3 team on offense is NOT the #3 team on defense.

The Titans are the worst on Defensive TOP but they are NOT the worst on Offensive TOP.

Besides ST time, you've also got to consider overtime which can change things up quite a bit.

touche... hadnt thought of that.

Tailgate 10-22-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck (Post 2042844)
I was actually surprised that the two lists weren't exactly the same. I mean, if the game is 60 minutes long and you're holding the ball for 35 minutes then your defense is only on the field for 25 minutes. So if you're #1 in offensive TOP, you should also be #1 in defensive TOP.

BUT.

I think overtime games skew things. So a game isn't always 60 minutes long and it's possible to have the two not synch up exactly.

For sure, but if its not one for one... Its purty darn close.