Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Terrell Suggs will play for Baltimore Ravens vs. Texans (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95579)

Fili 10-20-2012 03:00 PM

Terrell Suggs will play for Baltimore Ravens vs. Texans
 
Quote:

The Ravens activated Suggs from the physically unable to perform (PUP) list on Saturday but have not indicated what role he would play in the game or how much action he would see. Suggs had offseason surgery on his Achilles, which he tore in April.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...vens-vs-texans

Texn4life 10-20-2012 03:07 PM

Re: Terrell Suggs will play for Baltimore Ravens vs. Texans
 
Misleading title for the thread. He has been activated off of the PUP list, but that doesn't mean he'll be active and playing as part of their active roster on Sunday. Still doubt very seriously that he'll play. He replaced a guy in Kindle who's only been active for 2 games so Suggs place on the roster doesn't really mean much at this point.

CloakNNNdagger 10-20-2012 03:33 PM

Re: Terrell Suggs will play for Baltimore Ravens vs. Texans
 
A good and MORE REALISTIC view of the Suggs status explained. Also a good overall assessment of his effect present or absent on the Ravens. From the Baltimore Sun:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...0,211132.story

TheIronDuke 10-20-2012 03:46 PM

Re: Terrell Suggs will play for Baltimore Ravens vs. Texans
 
Even if he did play it wouldn't matter, Duane owns him every time.

Playoffs 10-20-2012 04:01 PM

Re: Terrell Suggs will play for Baltimore Ravens vs. Texans
 
Ravens should put him out there on our slippery, gapped, ragged turf. http://www.robotzindisguise.com/foru...mileys/nod.gif

Heath Shuler 10-20-2012 04:36 PM

Re: Terrell Suggs will play for Baltimore Ravens vs. Texans
 
I'll believe it when I see it.

CloakNNNdagger 10-20-2012 04:54 PM

Re: Terrell Suggs will play for Baltimore Ravens vs. Texans
 
If the Ravens and Suggs are not just "bluffing," but actually are hell bent to go through with seeing him on the field............

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002..._n_xlarge.jpeg

Texn4life 10-20-2012 05:13 PM

Re: Terrell Suggs will play for Baltimore Ravens vs. Texans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2041174)
Ravens should put him out there on our slippery, gapped, ragged turf. http://www.robotzindisguise.com/foru...mileys/nod.gif



So Andre can pull up lame on our turf again? Naw, lets pass on that idea.

DaTruthExplodes 10-20-2012 05:21 PM

Re: Terrell Suggs will play for Baltimore Ravens vs. Texans
 
he can be neutralized by dbrown. now if they move him to the other side i can see him making plays.

dinkatoid 10-20-2012 06:18 PM

Re: Terrell Suggs will play for Baltimore Ravens vs. Texans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaTruthExplodes (Post 2041190)
he can be neutralized by dbrown. now if they move him to the other side i can see him making plays.

I'm not even sure that will help. Suggs tore his ACL back in may - that makes this a pretty damn fast recovery, not to mention the rust of not playing a game in almost 10 months. I would be surprised if he looks anything like the Suggs of old - I don't expect to see him better than around 75% of normal. While that is still not a terrible player, it should make it a lot easier to handle for the younger guys.

CloakNNNdagger 10-20-2012 06:26 PM

Re: Terrell Suggs will play for Baltimore Ravens vs. Texans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dinkatoid (Post 2041209)
I'm not even sure that will help. Suggs tore his ACL back in may - that makes this a pretty damn fast recovery, not to mention the rust of not playing a game in almost 10 months. I would be surprised if he looks anything like the Suggs of old - I don't expect to see him better than around 75% of normal. While that is still not a terrible player, it should make it a lot easier to handle for the younger guys.

Achilles........other than that, there isn't much different except long term prognosis.

GP 10-20-2012 08:07 PM

Re: Terrell Suggs will play for Baltimore Ravens vs. Texans
 
Am hoping we beat them down no matter if he plays or not.

If he's wanting a piece of action this early into his recovery, then so be it. Sometimes being macho is not the best thing to attempt, and this is one of those times for Suggs...but hey, he's a big boy and if they want to try that stuff on us then all I can say is that he gets what's coming to him if it goes badly.

I HAD sympathy for the guy. But if he tries to come back and he gets hurt, I will have zero sympathy for him. Come Sunday, gloves are off. Period.

AFS 10-20-2012 09:37 PM

Re: Terrell Suggs will play for Baltimore Ravens vs. Texans
 
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter Though few believed it and most doubted it, Ravens LB Terrell Suggs was activated today and will play Sunday vs. Houston via @mortreport

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...14039670771713

GP 10-20-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AFS (Post 2041270)
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter Though few believed it and most doubted it, Ravens LB Terrell Suggs was activated today and will play Sunday vs. Houston via @mortreport

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...14039670771713

Gloves off. Game on. No quarter.

Texn4life 10-20-2012 09:50 PM

Re: Terrell Suggs will play for Baltimore Ravens vs. Texans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AFS (Post 2041270)
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter Though few believed it and most doubted it, Ravens LB Terrell Suggs was activated today and will play Sunday vs. Houston via @mortreport

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...14039670771713

Tweet was sent early today. Suggs will not play. If I had a camel I'd put it up for a bet.

Texn4life 10-20-2012 09:53 PM

Re: Terrell Suggs will play for Baltimore Ravens vs. Texans
 
There is a better chance of GP playing than there is of Suggs playing.

CloakNNNdagger 10-20-2012 10:24 PM

Re: Terrell Suggs will play for Baltimore Ravens vs. Texans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texn4life (Post 2041278)
Tweet was sent early today. Suggs will not play. If I had a camel I'd put it up for a bet.

You rock, Boss!!!!!!

http://babyanimalzoo.com/wp-content/...aby-camel1.jpg

Texn4life 10-20-2012 10:40 PM

Re: Terrell Suggs will play for Baltimore Ravens vs. Texans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 2041287)

Haha, my camel would look better than that Doc!

Daravenator 10-21-2012 05:17 AM

Re: Terrell Suggs will play for Baltimore Ravens vs. Texans
 
If Suggs actually takes the field, I will eat my hat. I have a hard time believing that someone with a Achilles injury plays after only three days back at practice. I guess stranger things have happened, but this would be right up there.

No offense, but this games is nowhere near as important to Baltimore as one game each remaining against the Browns and Bengals, and two against Pittsburgh. If the Ravens want to guarantee another AFCN division title, Suggs needs to be ready for those contests, not this one.

Hervoyel 10-21-2012 05:49 AM

Re: Terrell Suggs will play for Baltimore Ravens vs. Texans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daravenator (Post 2041309)
If Suggs actually takes the field, I will eat my hat. I have a hard time believing that someone with a Achilles injury plays after only three days back at practice. I guess stranger things have happened, but this would be right up there.

No offense, but this games is nowhere near as important to Baltimore as one game each remaining against the Browns and Bengals, and two against Pittsburgh. If the Ravens want to guarantee another AFCN division title, Suggs needs to be ready for those contests, not this one.

That makes sense. The Texans are running away with the AFC South which is frankly, not real competitive (to put it nicely) while Baltimore is in a very tough AFC North. Either Pittsburgh or Cincinnati could slip up on you if the Ravens brought Suggs back too soon.

I expect this to be the first of two Ravens-Texans games this year and both will hopefully be at Reliant.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger