Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texan Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Need your help. Please. Begging. Cool Stuff. (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95516)

Texans_Chick 10-18-2012 01:49 AM

Need your help. Please. Begging. Cool Stuff.

P&G and the NFL have a website called "Fan-cestry" where they are asking questions about fan histories and giving you a result.

I'm one of 16 sports and/or mommy bloggers asked to get people to sign up for it. If I get the most people to sign up using my specific url, I win two tickets to the SB.

And if I win, 2 of my participants win too. Win-win. It would be good for Houston folks to win.

I'm going to NOLA anyway. I rented a place in July. You know. Because NOLA is fun and well, if my team... well.

In any event, I need people to sign up using this specific url:

http://www.fan-cestry.com/?utm_sourc...n%3DFan-cestry

One you cast your vote, that url will change into your profile due to your computer's cookies, I think.

But I only get credit for signups using that, and I think it requires everyone that does it to use a Facebook sign up.

So I ask all of y'all to take 5 minutes to answer their questions, and then cut and paste this link to Facebook friends and beg them to do it.

I think I have as good a shot as any. Half the bloggers are mommy bloggers. A bunch of the other ones are from the northeast and may cancel each other out. Here's the blog post I wrote about it.

Thanks for whatever help you can give me and sharing it with other groups of friends.

-Steph

:texans chick:

LondonTex 10-18-2012 04:23 AM

Re: Need your help. Please. Begging. Cool Stuff.

done! I couldn't sign up for a chance to win SB tickets as I'm from outside of the States but I hope you win! If you do, take plenty of good pics, especially of the Texans lifting the SB ;)

:goodluck:

Craig. 10-18-2012 07:41 AM

Done

Texans_Chick 10-18-2012 07:51 AM

If you sign up, and you mentioned you did here, I repay you with uh, rep points! :kitten:

Forgot to mention, I need signups FAST.

Contest ends for me Monday, 11:00 pm central.

Seņor Stan 10-18-2012 08:13 AM

signed up

NitroGSXR 10-18-2012 08:49 AM

Done! Knock 'em dead in Nawlins!

Texan_Bill 10-18-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texans_Chick (Post 2039675)
P&G and the NFL have a website called "Fan-cestry" where they are asking questions about fan histories and giving you a result.

-Steph

:texans chick:

There is a special website for Tinnbred fans. It's called "In-cestry". They ask questions about family history which is ironic since most Tinnbred fan's family trees have no branches.

Sorry, I digress. Heading there now Steph.

*EDIT*

Done.

Texans_Chick 10-18-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 2039774)
There is a special website for Tinnbred fans. It's called "In-cestry". They ask questions about family history which is ironic since most Tinnbred fan's family trees have no branches.

Sorry, I digress. Heading there now Steph.

*EDIT*

Done.

HA!!!!! Actually almost choked on my coffee. Thanks for doing this and for making this fun. I'd love for four fans of our team to get tickets.

BeerTastesLikeVictory 10-18-2012 10:47 AM

Done.

gtexan02 10-18-2012 10:47 AM

Is it possible to sign up without facebook?

Texans_Chick 10-18-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtexan02 (Post 2039844)
Is it possible to sign up without facebook?

I'm not sure. I'm on FB so I didn't know if it was automatically detecting it on my computer.

I was told there was another way to sign up other than FB but it didn't look like it when I tried.

I use FB because if you do journo sort of stuff you sort of have to, but nowadays, so much stuff is requiring FB log-ins. I figure you can always share as much or as little as you want, but that online privacy is sort of a unicorn these days. I've pretty much given up.

Exascor 10-18-2012 04:13 PM

I saw your post on the Chron and signed up without Facebook. Click Cancel when the sign up with Facebook page comes up.

Texans_Chick 10-18-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exascor (Post 2040144)
I saw your post on the Chron and signed up without Facebook. Click Cancel when the sign up with Facebook page comes up.

AWESOME!!! I will add that to my post. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

GlassHalfFull 10-18-2012 04:59 PM

Signed up. Good luck to you.

drs23 10-18-2012 05:11 PM

Done deal Steph. When will my tickets be here? :D

76Texan 10-18-2012 06:12 PM

Done and good luck, Steph!

Double Barrel 10-18-2012 06:55 PM

Done. :howdy:

Khari 10-18-2012 07:18 PM

so i got to a profile page that has my facebook picture...is that all or is there something else i'm supposed to do :thinking:

Grams 10-18-2012 07:46 PM

Done - Good Luck Steph!!!!

gtexan02 10-18-2012 09:56 PM

Im in!