Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Baltimore (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95424)

utahmark 10-15-2012 11:31 AM

Baltimore

They got a lot of injury's and have to come to our house. If we are the class of the AFC we need to show it sunday.

I guess we have earned their fans respect. They are calling it thier game of they year. http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/to...re-at-houston/

ATXtexanfan 10-15-2012 11:35 AM

Re: Baltimore

Yeah they got news coming to today on injuries that could be costly. Top seed in AFC on the line. Surely we don't no call no show two weeks in a row

rolyat93 10-15-2012 11:41 AM

Webb is a huge loss for them. He was playing on a Revis-level. Hoping this loss is the kick in the butt that they need. Need to come out firing.

Tailgate 10-15-2012 11:41 AM

We got the Jets at their most desperate time coming off an embarrassing loss and we got their best shot. We got the Pack when their backs were up against the wall and they were coming off a bad loss to the Colts and they put a whoopin on us.

Now, Baltimore gets to face an angry Texans team who just got embarrassed on National TV. We will see exactly what this team is made of this Sunday.

HOU-TEX 10-15-2012 11:50 AM

The Packers had a few big players out last night too. I'm not going to put much stock into that right now. Plus, I think Ellerbe's the better player over Lewis as of right now.

Perki-Perk 10-15-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOU-TEX (Post 2037603)
The Packers had a few big players out last night too. I'm not going to put much stock into that right now. Plus, I think Ellerbe's the better player over Lewis as of right now.

The pack still had Rodgers and Clay Matthews... That's huge on both sides of the ball.

Playoffs 10-15-2012 11:58 AM

We're going to have to stop the run.

Thorn 10-15-2012 12:16 PM

If we aren't as good a team as we thought we were, we are going to find out this coming Sunday.

TheIronDuke 10-15-2012 12:20 PM

I'm just glad to get a 12:00 kickoff Sunday, I hate prime-time games.

Vinnie 10-15-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheIronDuke (Post 2037626)

Here, here. Unfortunately there are still two to go.

Thorn 10-15-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheIronDuke (Post 2037626)

I don't like them either. I much prefer the noon games. It wouldn't bother me a bit that we'd never EVER get another prime time game.

silentassassin 10-15-2012 12:31 PM

A lot of people always make the point about how it's dangerous playing teams coming off of a bad loss.

Perhaps it's time to see if that applies to the Texans as well.

As for the opposing team's injuries, I understand you have to account for them, but I feel like that shouldn't be a major factor considering what happened the last two games.

Yankee_In_TX 10-15-2012 12:37 PM

Win and no major injuries.

Do that and yesterday is forgotten.

I don't care how we win. This game has major implicatiosn that Green Bay did not.

BlackFizz 10-15-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentassassin (Post 2037637)
A lot of people always make the point about how it's dangerous playing teams coming off of a bad loss.

Perhaps it's time to see if that applies to the Texans as well.

As for the opposing team's injuries, I understand you have to account for them, but I feel like that shouldn't be a major factor considering what happened the last two games.

No Lewis/Ngata/Webb = Texans win. That's the guts of there defense. I f our o-line doesn't dominate this game, then we will have some serious concerns

silentassassin 10-15-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackFizz (Post 2037646)
No Lewis/Ngata/Webb = Texans win. That's the guts of there defense. I f our o-line doesn't dominate this game, then we will have some serious concerns

Yeah, it looks like Webb and Lewis will be out for sure. Can't find anything on Ngata, I guess we'll know later today.

Still, I'm afraid they have more depth on defense that we haven't seen much of, so I'll probably end up holding my breath the entire week until they play.

Marcus 10-15-2012 01:03 PM

We played a Packers team that was all beat up. Look what that got us.

Maybe I'm just overreacting, but I don't think that beatdown we took was just a a case us playing flat and uninspired football. I think the team was exposed for what it really is. AJ is a shell of his former self. Foster is pulling a Chris Johnson act. The offensive line is not in sync. Except for Watt, there's no pass rush, and Jonathan Joseph, our shutdown corner... isn't.

Sorry, but I don't think we're gonna best the Ravens.

HOU-TEX 10-15-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinnie (Post 2037631)
Here, here. Unfortunately there are still two to go.

There are 3 actually. Another Sunday nighter against the Bears, a MNFer against the Pats and Thanksgiving Day against the Lions.

All away games :gun:

Trail.Blazr 10-15-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus (Post 2037660)
We played a Packers team that was all beat up. Look what that got us.

Maybe I'm just overreacting, but I don't think that beatdown we took was just a a case us playing flat and uninspired football. I think the team was exposed for what it really is. AJ is a shell of his former self. Foster is pulling a Chris Johnson act. The offensive line is not in sync. Except for Watt, there's no pass rush, and Jonathan Joseph, our shutdown corner... isn't.

Sorry, but I don't think we're gonna best the Ravens.

I was thinking the very same thing with respect to playing a beat up Packer team. IMHO, I though we couldn't ask for a better week to have played the Packers! LOL.

I somewhat agree with the rest of what you go on to say, except for what's in bold. I am of the opinion that what this team really is, is still in question.

utahmark 10-15-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 2037636)
I don't like them either. I much prefer the noon games. It wouldn't bother me a bit that we'd never EVER get another prime time game.

That would mean "we suck again". So I will take them.

paycheck71 10-15-2012 02:39 PM

Feels like both fan bases will be confident for next week's game. I'm sure the teams are always confident.

We're going to feel like Foster + Tate/Forsett will run for 250+ on them since the Cowboys did it with their crappy line.

They're going to feel like Packers exposed the Texans weaknesses on defense, and Flacco will be able to pass for 300+.

I personally don't think Flacco=Rodgers, but it should be a good game, and I can't wait for Sunday already. Glad it's a home game.

:fans: