Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Do you think Arian's vegan diet has made him a lesser RB this year? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95408)

GP 10-15-2012 01:09 AM

Do you think Arian's vegan diet has made him a lesser RB this year?

Because I don't want to talk X's and O's after that worthless "game" vs. GB. This is to deflect from the real news, so please just go sit and spin if you want to come here and be a jerk about it. I need off-the-wall football talk for a change.

GP 10-15-2012 01:12 AM

Re: Do you think Arian's vegan diet has made him a lesser RB this year?

I voted YES.

When a D-lineman brushes Arian's leg and he falls down, yeah he's not the same guy. When he falls down even when not making a really hard Arian-like cut on the grass, yeah he's not the same guy.

When he hits one guy and falls down, yeah. He's not the same guy.

I just think he lacks the stamina and power he had prior to this season.

Not trying to be a hater. I thought that maybe he could do alright on it, figuring he would have the best in the vegan culture helping him to maintain his previous years of success as the best RB in the league, but he isn't. IMO.

76Texan 10-15-2012 01:26 AM

I'm not sure about power, but the vegan way is known to help you with plenty stamina. My sister is around 100 lbs and she has done the 150 mile ride to Austin for the last 5 years, along with many a 5 to 25 K runs (starting in her late 40s through her early 50s). My younger brother, who isn't a strict vegan, had done the ride from San Francisco to LA twice in his late 30s (nearly 400 miles.)

Goatcheese 10-15-2012 01:54 AM

Losing Winston and Biscuit has made Foster a lesser running back this year.

O-linemen, they're kind of a big deal.

Dutchrudder 10-15-2012 02:00 AM

I dunno about the vegan thing, but maybe that 11 million dollar paycheck is weighing him down.

thunderkyss 10-15-2012 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GP (Post 2037276)
Because I don't want to talk X's and O's after that worthless "game" vs. GB. This is to deflect from the real news, so please just go sit and spin if you want to come here and be a jerk about it. I need off-the-wall football talk for a change.

I voted "Not Sure" But, if we're asking the question & haven't found the answer in 6 weeks, who gives a shiz, buy the man a T-Bone

or two. Next week, we pay the Ravens. Two Dallas Cowboy running backs ran for 90 yards on them today. Two Dallas Cowboy running backs ran for 90 yards on the Baltimore Ravens defense today, at M&T Bank Stadium.

If Arian doesn't go off on the Ravens........ I'd like to see the guys force feeding him a can of SPAM!!!!

fiasco west 10-15-2012 02:23 AM

not sure...but I can't help but think he's lost some power.

Previous years he was HARD to bring down! He'd break tackles and now it seems like he's such a finesse runner that if he's touched he goes down.

I do think the right side of the line has something to do with it (Briesel...enjoy your time in Oakland.....) but I can't help but wonder if he's lost some of his power. He used to be such a all-around back and now he feels much more like a finesse back y'know?

Marcus 10-15-2012 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goatcheese (Post 2037290)
Losing Winston and Biscuit has made Foster a lesser running back this year.

O-linemen, they're kind of a big deal.

Uh yeah, that O-line, they never really count for much, do they?

:ohsnap: Wait a minute! We can't talk about the O-line, can we? That would involve X's and O's.

:rolleyes:

Corrosion 10-15-2012 02:31 AM

No .... I think Briesel and Winston being in different uniforms hurts him more than anything else .... but I realize there was no way to keep some of those players that were let go. Better hope Jones , Caldwell , Newton and Harris figure it out soon.

Quick II Draw 10-15-2012 02:35 AM

You are so, so dumb.

Norg 10-15-2012 02:49 AM

sure why not ill say yeah

aint nothing wrong with having a little meat now and then

o and winston sucked and Mike B was always hurt ..... jus saying there apart of the problem but arian is also apart of the problem

RTP2110 10-15-2012 06:47 AM

I don't think it's all on the o-line. When the holes are there, Foster will get 7 to 10 yards, but we are not seeing the 30 and 40 yard runs like we have in the past.

rmartin65 10-15-2012 06:47 AM

Not sure. I lean towards yes, but because of the changes on the line I cannot say definitively. He definitely looks smaller, and seems to go down easier.

Craig. 10-15-2012 06:49 AM

:vincepalm:

PandapuffTexan 10-15-2012 06:55 AM

last night seemed he went down more from tripping over his own feet then defenders..there was times he was wide open for a good run and he trips over his dam feet..that to me is a lesser arian..he looks average this year..dude is getting payed millions...kubiak needs to nut up and feed him meat. in any other business if you was costing the boss buisness you would change your ways or get fired..why is arian a exception? hes obviously not producing and his diet is affecting his tougnhess yet the coaches let this go on..your in the nfl where you easily burn 5k calories a game. I highly doubt arian gets that from nuts...

TexanSam 10-15-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PandapuffTexan (Post 2037329)
last night seemed he went down more from tripping over his own feet then defenders..there was times he was wide open for a good run and he trips over his dam feet..that to me is a lesser arian..he looks average this year..dude is getting payed millions...kubiak needs to nut up and feed him meat. in any other business if you was costing the boss buisness you would change your ways or get fired..why is arian a exception? hes obviously not producing and his diet is affecting his tougnhess yet the coaches let this go on..your in the nfl where you easily burn 5k calories a game. I highly doubt arian gets that from nuts...

:facepalm:

Thorn 10-15-2012 08:18 AM

Well, for whatever reason, Arian is not running as well this year. Probably a combination of things and not any one thing. I doubt very seriously munching nuts and seeds instead of steaks has anything to do with it though.

Hervoyel 10-15-2012 08:26 AM

I voted "No". I think poorer run blocking has contributed to him being statistically a lesser RB this year. I think that I've never seen him slip so many times before though that's been the case at home and away so I don't know how to categorize that.

It appears to me that better defenses have figured out how to stop our run game while at the same time our passing game hasn't made great strides. AJ's older, Matt's still "Matt", and the rest of the wideouts are one AJ knee injury away from doing their Houdini bit again.

I think Foster would benefit from mixing Tate in more but that's just me. Why they aren't doing it I don't know.

GP 10-15-2012 08:29 AM

Good conversation thus far.

He looks off to me. Just like someone else said earlier in this thread: "Dallas had two 90-yard rushers on the Ravens..." so to me it's time to see if this is a blocking thing or a lesser Arian thing.

IlliniJen 10-15-2012 09:27 AM

It's a complex mix of o-line, not mixing in more Tate and Foster. There's never an "either/or" answer to stuff like this.

IMHO, human bodies do best on a moderate and complete diet that includes animal protein. If you're a normal person with a desk job, an intelligently planned vegan diet probably works well for you. But when you're a professional athlete playing at the top level with other professionals, you need to keep your machine in tip top shape. What % this affects in Foster's production is up for anyone's guess. I'm not going to blame his lack of production on his diet, but if you ask me if it makes him better, worse or the same, I'm going to lean to worse.