Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   5-0? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95321)

PandapuffTexan 10-11-2012 10:54 PM

5-0?

Everyone is saying we only 5-0 becuase we played horrible teams. But that same titan team we destroyed out right out played ben and beat the steelers..suddenly our scedule doesn't look so weak..

b0ng 10-11-2012 11:02 PM

Re: 5-0?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PandapuffTexan (Post 2034394)
Everyone is saying we only 5-0 becuase we played horrible teams. But that same titan team we destroyed out right out played ben and beat the steelers..suddenly our scedule doesn't look so weak..

Titans are still a garbage team. Steelers were just a walking MASH unit right now and the Titans still needed some luck on their side with Pitt dropping a pretty easy pick on the last drive.

Premier 10-12-2012 12:11 AM

haters will always have something to say..

you win by 30 - you havent played anybody..
you win a tight game - you barely beat them and they suck.
you lose - damn you guys cant even beat them..

let them keep talking..

Norg 10-12-2012 03:29 AM

the dolphins are better then expected

the jags beat the colts

denver beat the raiders or beat the steelers

its a cluter mess so far IMO

TheMatrix31 10-12-2012 07:07 AM

"Haters"

...gross.

Texan_Bill 10-12-2012 07:11 AM

:yawn:

I don't care about anything or anyone other than the Texans and their next opponent.

Thorn 10-12-2012 07:18 AM

meh....we're 5-0 and everyone else in the AFC isn't. Let 'em piss and moan about it while we laugh at them.

Texan_Bill 10-12-2012 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 2034511)
meh....we're 5-0 and everyone else in the AFC isn't. Let 'em piss and moan about it while we laugh at them.

Feeling particularly crusty this morning?? :kitten:

SheTexan 10-12-2012 07:42 AM

Enjoy the ride!! IF we come out 5-1 Sunday night, the bandwagon will be a lot lighter!!

Playoffs 10-12-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PandapuffTexan (Post 2034394)
..suddenly our scedule doesn't look so weak..

Mmmm, yeah it does.

thunderkyss 10-12-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 2034511)
meh....we're 5-0 and everyone else in the AFC isn't.

No one else is..... right?

I know grammar is not all that important right now, but then again, this thread is about worthless any way right?

HOU-TEX 10-12-2012 09:18 AM

What's up with all these goofy ass threads lately? Good gracious

This one saying the titans are great. Another telling me undefeated is overrated. And some cat has trust issues with Schaub and Kubiak. :shrug:

Texan_Bill 10-12-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOU-TEX (Post 2034582)
What's up with all these goofy ass threads lately? Good gracious

This one saying the titans are great. Another telling me undefeated is overrated. And some cat has trust issues with Schaub and Kubiak. :shrug:

I hear you my brother. :vincepalm:

Double Barrel 10-12-2012 09:30 AM

Are some Texans fans just conditioned to be hand-wringers?

I think the "any given Sunday" logic is not understood by those that try to downplay 5-0.

Nobody is going to steal my joy of having a good team that we can expect to win. It's been a long time around these parts since we've been able to say that, and I'm certainly not going to let the Eeyore Patrol piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

GO TEXANS! :texflag:

HOU-TEX 10-12-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Barrel (Post 2034592)
Are some Texans fans just conditioned to be hand-wringers?

I think the "any given Sunday" logic is not understood by those that try to downplay 5-0.

Nobody is going to steal my joy of having a good team that we can expect to win. It's been a long time around these parts since we've been able to say that, and I'm certainly not going to let the Eeyore Patrol piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

GO TEXANS! :texflag:

Had to rep you for the Eeyore reference. Friggin love that jackass!

Thorn 10-12-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiddler (Post 2034577)
No one else is..... right?

I know grammar is not all that important right now, but then again, this thread is about worthless any way right?

My grammer is as perfect as the Texans current record. :splits:

GP 10-12-2012 09:43 AM

I don't care for NFL Math. "Well our Team A has beaten Team B, but team B had beaten Team C...so we're clearly better than BOTH those teams."

It doesn't work that way. You need some fortunate bounces of the ball, you need momentum, you need confidence, you need your players to play their best every week, you need other teams to shoot themselves in the foot. And frankly I wasn't surprised the Steelers lost, I never penciled them in as a sure-win anyways.

There are a few teams who are genuinely GOOD week in and week out this season: Us, 49ers, Falcons, Giants, Patriots, and then some Cinderella teams like Chicago and Baltimore who will be wild card teams who don't have the horses to beat the top teams but still get attention right now in the reg season by virtue of their record. Everyone else is up one week, down the next, and that's what you have with teams like Steelers and Titans.

We're going to sweep the Titans, we're going to sweep the Jaguars, and I predict we split with the Colts (we'll win ours at home, lose the one in Indy). Meanwhile, Titans will run off and get beaten by some dismal teams along the way. The Steelers are just no longer formidable and everyone knows it.

Norg 10-12-2012 02:10 PM

its true tho right now the AFC is a mess every team has 3 losses cept the Texans and ravens

Hervoyel 10-12-2012 02:49 PM

You play the team that's in front of you every week. If we've played no one then we should be 5-0 right? Well, we're 5-0 so I don't see the problem. When we face a team with a winning record they'll be playing one too. How many of their wins "don't matter" because they came against bad teams?

We're undefeated, I'm having fun, and I don't think the Texans or any of us owe anyone an apology for that.

The Pencil Neck 10-12-2012 02:53 PM

I think I said this in another thread but it bears repeating.

The Dolphins went 17-0 and are hailed as a great team. But during the regular season, they only played 2 teams with winning records and NO playoff teams.

Just go out and beat whoever you're playing. Take care of your own business.