Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95315)

DaTruthExplodes 10-11-2012 07:38 PM

I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime
 
First time here long time suffering texan fan since the very beginning.

I know we have a gaudy 5-0 record and kubiak is getting a lot of superficial praise by outsiders but to me, he is still the same old kubiak.

His play calling still perplexes me (his perpetual 2nd & 10 run plays are driving me insane), he still doesnt give ben tate enough reps, he still trots out kevin walter and kareem jackson out there, joe marciano is still out there (still loyal to a fault & detrimental to team success), & his conservative philosophy will cost us dearly later on in the season.

As for schaub, ive been one of his biggest critics. He gained a lot of respect from me in that denver game but i still dont trust him. Our offense stalls far too many times and we have to settle for field goals. His decision making is still shaky and i worry how he will fare in the postseason. I dont understand how a guy who has never played in the playoffs and is always injured have so much support in this town.

Yes, we are 5-0, but it looks like fool's gold to me. We havent played anybody that you can say is a great team. We should beat Green Bay but the pack are not the same and are injured. Baltimore should provide a stiff test but i feel like we have to beat the patriots in order for our greatness to be verified.

infantrycak 10-11-2012 07:44 PM

Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime
 
Welcome to the MB.

Be kind people.

GlassHalfFull 10-11-2012 07:46 PM

Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime
 
Cak, can you just merge with the other Kub thread?

Sigh.

TdotTexas2Step 10-11-2012 07:46 PM

Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime
 
I guess a way of looking at this is that almost everything you posted is FAIR to say.

But the thing about trotting out Walter and Jackson out there definitely has me perplexed. Walter has been pretty decent and Jackson is playing the best football of his pro career.

Playoffs 10-11-2012 07:46 PM

Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime
 
5-0 is pyrite, I'm telling ya, it's pyyyyrite! http://www.discussionworldforum.com/...s/pullhair.gif

2slik4u 10-11-2012 07:48 PM

Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaTruthExplodes (Post 2034142)
First time here long time suffering texan fan since the very beginning.

I know we have a gaudy 5-0 record and kubiak is getting a lot of superficial praise by outsiders but to me, he is still the same old kubiak.

His play calling still perplexes me (his perpetual 2nd & 10 run plays are driving me insane), he still doesnt give ben tate enough reps, he still trots out kevin walter and kareem jackson out there, joe marciano is still out there (still loyal to a fault & detrimental to team success), & his conservative philosophy will cost us dearly later on in the season.

He runs on second and long to make it 3rd and short. Smart call when you have the best RB in the league. Ben Tate gets enough reps when needed. If the game calls for more Tate, the game gets more Ben Tate. KW is a phenomenal blocker and KJ is playing out of his mind right now. Not sure what you have been watching. I agree that we can upgrade Marciano.

As for schaub, ive been one of his biggest critics. He gained a lot of respect from me in that denver game but i still dont trust him. Our offense stalls far too many times and we have to settle for field goals. His decision making is still shaky and i worry how he will fare in the postseason. I dont understand how a guy who has never played in the playoffs and is always injured have so much support in this town.

He is an extremely smart QB that makes great decisions. He has thrown only 2 INT's this season and has lead us to a 5-0 record. He runs the play action bootleg better than any QB in the league. I feel (as do most on here) unbeleivably confident with Schaub leading us into the playoffs.

Yes, we are 5-0, but it looks like fool's gold to me. We havent played anybody that you can say is a great team. We should beat Green Bay but the pack are not the same and are injured. Baltimore should provide our stiffest test but i feel like we have to beat the patriots in order for our greatness to be verified.

Correct, we havent played anyone as of yet but we are 5-0....meaning we have taken care of business in the games where we should have. Our team is running like a well oiled machine right now and Kubiak's play calling is part of the reason for the success. Hes never going to air it out like Mike Smith, Mike McCarthy, or even Jim Schwartz for that matter. We play balanced, sound football here in Houston and thats because our team is so balanced. Im more afraid of Green Bay (Aaron Rodgers specifically) over Baltimore. I think we match up better against Baltimore.

Wolf 10-11-2012 07:54 PM

Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime
 
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...jpg?1255139699

GlassHalfFull 10-11-2012 07:56 PM

Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime
 
Kubiak playcalling going conservative late:

Denver game - those 2 brutal hits in a row Schaub got, what was he doing on those plays? Anyone remember? Oh yes, going downfield. My theory in that game is Kubiak decided not to get his QB killed after that.

Jets game - The secondary was covered. Schaub had a ton of time in the pocket and had to throw it away many times. After his interception, I think he was told to protect the ball at all costs. Jets were doing a great job, ergo going to the run.

I call this good adjustments. But, we all know I am the resident optimist :glasshalffull:

infantrycak 10-11-2012 07:58 PM

Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull (Post 2034149)
Cak, can you just merge with the other Kub thread?

Sigh.

I would normally but figured let this stand as his/her introduction thread.

DaTruthExplodes 10-11-2012 07:58 PM

Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 2034147)
Welcome to the MB.

Be kind people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 2034166)
I would normally but figured let this stand as his/her introduction thread.


thank you kindly sir. I hope you guys are not as strict as the houstontexans.com message board mods. Those guys are out of control.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2slik4u (Post 2034154)
Correct, we havent played anyone as of yet but we are 5-0....meaning we have taken care of business in the games where we should have. Our team is running like a well oiled machine right now and Kubiak's play calling is part of the reason for the success. Hes never going to air it out like Mike Smith, Mike McCarthy, or even Jim Schwartz for that matter. We play balanced, sound football here in Houston and thats because our team is so balanced. Im more afraid of Green Bay (Aaron Rodgers specifically) over Baltimore. I think we match up better against Baltimore.


I just dont like Kubiak's conservative play not to lose philosophy. I wish he would adapt a ballsy, aggressive, play to win Bill Bellicheck attitude.

Screw not trying to ruffle opposing coaches sensibilities. Go for a touchdown. Step on their throats and put up 40. I hate Kubiak always trying to be nice.

Lurvinator11 10-11-2012 08:02 PM

Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step (Post 2034150)
But the thing about trotting out Walter and Jackson out there definitely has me perplexed. Walter has been pretty decent and Jackson is playing the best football of his pro career.

I agree with you there. This guy is like restating every negative complaint about the team in the past 3 or 4 years.

Just for thought, I'm sure that it is Wade's decision to play KJax, not Kubiak.

Yes, Kjax is playing the best football we have ever seen him play.

infantrycak 10-11-2012 08:04 PM

Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaTruthExplodes (Post 2034167)
thank you kindly sir. I hope you guys are not as strict as the houstontexans.com message board mods. Those guys are out of control.

Well that is going to depend on what you are talking about.

Just an FYI to you - the admins/mods here for the most part were the people who set up the original houstontexans.com MB. We left about four years ago and found a new home here with the site's owner Hookem' Horns who is kind enough to provide it for us.

My suggestion would be join in but hang back some to get a feel for the MB rather than jumping in thinking it is a free for all. Again, welcome.

2slik4u 10-11-2012 08:05 PM

Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaTruthExplodes (Post 2034167)
thank you kindly sir. I hope you guys are not as strict as the houstontexans.com message board mods. Those guys are out of control.




I just dont like Kubiak's conservative play not to lose philosophy. I wish he would adapt a ballsy, aggressive, play to win Bill Bellicheck attitude.Screw not trying to ruffle opposing coaches sensibilities. Go for a touchdown. Step on their throats and put up 40. I hate Kubiak always trying to be nice.

I understand but Belichik's team is built differently. He has two TE's that are basically glorified WR's on steroids...oh yeah they are also on the field at the same time probably 75% of the time running routes as well. He also has a WR that has averaged 100+ receptions for the past 5 years running. He also has a WR that was just brought in that can stretch the field as good as anyone in the biz. One more thing, he has a QB that is widely considered as one of the best QBs to ever play the game. That isnt taking anything away from Schaub.

As you can see both teams are built completely differently and it is evident in their play calling. Its not as easy as Madden, bro.

DaTruthExplodes 10-11-2012 08:08 PM

Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 2034170)
Well that is going to depend on what you are talking about.

Just an FYI to you - the admins/mods here for the most part were the people who set up the original houstontexans.com MB. We left about four years ago and found a new home here with the site's owner Hookem' Horns who is kind enough to provide it for us.

My suggestion would be join in but hang back some to get a feel for the MB rather than jumping in thinking it is a free for all. Again, welcome.

will do boss. ive been lurking past couple days and i can definitely say this site is much better than the team site one.

2slik4u 10-11-2012 08:10 PM

Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaTruthExplodes (Post 2034178)
will do boss. ive been lurking past couple days and i can definitely say this site is much better than the team site one.

A little tip:

Try to keep your threads more fact based than opinion based...

You will get better reception that way. Welcome to the boards.

DaTruthExplodes 10-11-2012 08:15 PM

Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2slik4u (Post 2034174)
I understand but Belichik's team is built differently. He has two TE's that are basically glorified WR's on steroids...oh yeah they are also on the field at the same time probably 75% of the time running routes as well. He also has a WR that has averaged 100+ receptions for the past 5 years running. He also has a WR that was just brought in that can stretch the field as good as anyone in the biz. One more thing, he has a QB that is widely considered as one of the best QBs to ever play the game. That isnt taking anything away from Schaub.

As you can see both teams are built completely differently and it is evident in their play calling. Its not as easy as Madden, bro.


to me its more about Kubiak's philosphy and mental approach and decision making.

Kubiak plain and simple doesnt have a killer instinct like other coaches. He's too nice and doesnt take any chances. He's too bland and not a dynamic enough thinker.

DaTruthExplodes 10-11-2012 08:16 PM

Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2slik4u (Post 2034180)
A little tip:

Try to keep your threads more fact based than opinion based...

You will get better reception that way. Welcome to the boards.

opinion based threads are more fun.

Wolf 10-11-2012 08:17 PM

Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime
 
not sure.. Denver game I didn't notice much difference in playcalling (I could be wrong) just not connecting with deep passes

NastyNate 10-11-2012 08:17 PM

Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaTruthExplodes (Post 2034167)
thank you kindly sir. I hope you guys are not as strict as the houstontexans.com message board mods. Those guys are out of control.




Well you can't say *****, ******, ********, ****, ****, ****, *****, or David C#$$, but other than that it's pretty relaxed! :splits:

Wolf 10-11-2012 08:18 PM

Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaTruthExplodes (Post 2034187)
opinion based threads are more fun.

yes they are fun, but as long as one isn't stating them as fact


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger