Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   TexanChick's Q & A with Packers writer Aaron Nagler (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95298)

Playoffs 10-11-2012 01:38 PM

TexanChick's Q & A with Packers writer Aaron Nagler

TexanChick: Packers Q&A with Aaron Nagler + my thoughts + stats
Published on October 11th, 2012
Written by: Stephanie Stradley

Quote:

I very much enjoy the Q&A previews I do with opponent writers each week. They are among my favorite posts because I always learn something, and it gives me realistic things to look for during the game.

To borrow a word from Gary Kubiak, this week’s Q&A is “exceptional.” Why isn’t it already Sunday?

Aaron Nagler (@Aaron_Nagler) is a NFL Twitter must-follow, National NFL Lead Writer for Bleacher Report and the co-founder and lead NFL analyst for CheeseheadTV.com. Everything Packers related, well, you go to him. So I did. Here’s our Q&A:

What is different between this Packers team and previous ones? In particular, what is the dang deal with the Packers offense?
“I’ll start on the offensive side of the ball. There are a few little things that have changed from the group that put up franchise record setting numbers last year...

read more: http://blog.chron.com/texanschick/20...houghts-stats/

Texans_Chick 10-11-2012 05:33 PM

Re: TexanChick's Q & A with Packers writer Aaron Nagler

This year has been a good one for game previews with opponent writers.

This one is maybe a top 5'er since I've been doing this since 2006. Really liked how this one turned out.

drs23 10-11-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texans_Chick (Post 2033997)
This year has been a good one for game previews with opponent writers.

This one is maybe a top 5'er since I've been doing this since 2006. Really liked how this one turned out.

Great job as always, Steph. Did you do a reciprocal for the Packer's as you often do? Didn't see your usual link.

I look forward to these each week. Can't wait for the exchange on the Balti game.

BTW, was a pleasure to FINALLY meet you when you came by the Blue Crew before the Tacks game.

Texans_Chick 10-11-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drs23 (Post 2034017)
Great job as always, Steph. Did you do a reciprocal for the Packer's as you often do? Didn't see your usual link.

I look forward to these each week. Can't wait for the exchange on the Balti game.

BTW, was a pleasure to FINALLY meet you when you came by the Blue Crew before the Tacks game.

Didn't do a reciprocal one this week. Did a pretty good one the week before though.

Biggest difference would be oof Cushing + Trindon stuff. So my comment at the bottom of the post, plus my link for the Jets post would sum up my current thinking about the team.

Oh and yeah! Best part of tailgating is visiting with folks!

76Texan 10-11-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drs23 (Post 2034017)

ditto!

I like this part.
Let's hope that's what's gonna happen.

"What do you think is the best way to beat the Packers?"

Punch them in the mouth on both sides of the ball. I was concerned about this teams ability to stop the run back in training camp and I still am. If the Texans play old school smashmouth football, they will probably win this game. The Packers are just not a very physically dominating team. They can win with scheme, but they rarely line up one on one and just “win.”

Same thing for the Texans defense – beat up the Packers receivers at the line, don’t give them lots of free releases. They have all struggled mightily with press coverage this year, save maybe James Jones who is having easily his best year as a pro. Now, how much of that is because he’s not facing top corners? Jury is still out on that one.”