Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Concerned.... (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95213)

EllisUnit 10-09-2012 12:08 AM

Concerned....

Our passing game really concerns me, AJ was invisible and Cromartie is not that good. Martin has not shown up, thank god we had foster tonight. I hope jean comes back for the GB game, besides AJ (sometimes) the only other guy i feel confident in, in his limited time is Jean.

Maybe it was just a sloppy game, we did get the win but i'm not left feeling very confident after this game.

On the bright side we are 5-0

TheRealJoker 10-09-2012 12:09 AM

Re: Concerned....

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllisUnit (Post 2031527)
Our passing game really concerns me, AJ was invisible and Cromartie is not that good. Martin has not shown up, thank god we had foster tonight. I hope jean comes back for the GB game, besides AJ (sometimes) the only other guy i feel confident in, in his limited time is Jean.

Maybe it was just a sloppy game, we did get the win but i'm not left feeling very confident after this game.

I was surprised by the Jets secondary without Revis. They played a heck of a game. Schaub played with a clean pocket most of the time but just couldn't find an open receiver. I am concerned with our young guys, Posey and Martin, they need to separate themselves.

silentassassin 10-09-2012 12:10 AM

They'll have games like this. The key is to win them.

I'll take it. Lets start worrying when they lose their first one.

Ryan 10-09-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Their secondary even without Revis is not a bad unit. Cromartie will give up a big play occasionally but he's a tough corner to line up against on every down.

Just a typical, ugly win if you ask me. Par for the course.

BlueSteel 10-09-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

KW was getting it done and so was OD. We have seen games like this is the past, but what is concerning me is that AJ and Schaub are on total different pages.

TdotTexas2Step 10-09-2012 12:11 AM

Cromartie is actually really good when his mind is on it. Unfortunately, that's usually not the case. But with the entire football world watching the Jets to see how they would respond after the beating they received last week, Cromartie came to play tonight.

But in regards to our aerial attack, there's good and bad news. There were a couple throws Schaub missed or shouldn't have made that would have extended drives. But we do also need to start looking for a proper heir to Andre. He's definitely not the same. And we can't bet the house on Jean becoming that player, definitely a must in next year's draft.

EllisUnit 10-09-2012 12:13 AM

I mean i cant believe the big drop off in production from AJ, think back to 2010 when he had the ankle injury until now. He was still a dominant game changing WR, now it seems he can never get open. Maybe his skills have diminished this much from last years groin injuries ??? Either way it makes me sad to see this older less dominant version of AJ

Dutchrudder 10-09-2012 12:13 AM

AJ dropped a couple, and had a lot thrown away over his head. No big deal, we didn't need him this week because they were playing zone against our passes mostly. Foster got a ton of yards on the ground thanks to the extra attention against the pass. It all evens out if you have a balanced attack. AJ will get 10k yards against the Packers poor passing defense on Sunday night on national TV! :D

fiasco west 10-09-2012 12:14 AM

I think this just proved the whole case about "Desperate teams" and even Gruden who knows more football than all of us said right before the game that he always hated playing a team that was embarrassed the week before.

Add up that the Jets were at home and it was a primetime game and that usually spells out upset.

Marcus 10-09-2012 12:14 AM

My concern is Jonathan Joseph. He absolutely SUCKED tonight. I didn't think he played well in the last game either.

ThaShark316 10-09-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Outside of the game vs. PIT, the Jets have been rather solid vs. the pass. I wouldn't get too worried. They can blanket the best of 'em. All that was open tonight was TE stuff.

mariowillshine15 10-09-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus (Post 2031551)
My concern is Jonathan Joseph. He absolutely SUCKED tonight. I didn't think he played well in the last game either.

I think his injury in really bothering him. Just not himself right now.

Hookem Horns 10-09-2012 12:17 AM

My only real concern right now has been the same one I have had for a few years. That's Kubiak. I don't want to say too much since we are 5-0 but again my doubts resurfaced tonight with those conservative calls at the end. I just don't like the playing not to lose play calls.

I am convinced that Wade is the one that has changed the culture of this team.

Anyway, that's all I am going to say right now.

Hopefully the guy proves me wrong and takes this team all the way to the finish line.

djohn2oo8 10-09-2012 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus (Post 2031551)

He has a sore groin.

Texecutioner 10-09-2012 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookem Horns (Post 2031559)
My only real concern right now has been the same one I have had for a few years. That's Kubiak. I don't want to say too much since we are 5-0 but again my doubts resurfaced tonight with those conservative calls at the end. I just don't like the playing not to lose play calls.

Anyway, that's all I am going to say.

Totally agreed.

Marcus 10-09-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllisUnit (Post 2031544)
I mean i cant believe the big drop off in production from AJ, think back to 2010 when he had the ankle injury until now. He was still a dominant game changing WR, now it seems he can never get open. Maybe his skills have diminished this much from last years groin injuries ??? Either way it makes me sad to see this older less dominant version of AJ

It's pretty much a given that AJ isn't what he used to be. But it would be unrealistic, considering what all has happened to him injury-wise, to expect any different.

Rudyball 10-09-2012 12:24 AM

Why does Kubiak, seemingly, run the ball after every incomplete first down pass? Drives me crazy. 2nd tight game where we can't run out the clock with the ball in our hands.

We're hurting - injuries are piling up on us so I count that into our poorer play.

Win is a win tho,

Mr. Texan 10-09-2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookem Horns (Post 2031559)

Anyway, that's all I am going to say right now.

Hopefully the guy proves me wrong and takes this team all the way to the finish line.

kubiak aint **** without wade phillips

fiasco west 10-09-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudyball (Post 2031582)
Why does Kubiak, seemingly, run the ball after every incomplete first down pass? Drives me crazy. 2nd tight game where we can't run out the clock with the ball in our hands.

We're hurting - injuries are piling up on us so I count that into our poorer play.

Win is a win tho,

Kubiak's creative playcalling goes completely out the window once the fourth quarter starts and our team has the lead.

Difference is now though that our defense can shutdown teams when needed.

Hooston Texan 10-09-2012 12:34 AM

We don't have WRs who can beat good corners. Most of the time, we get them open through our play designs. The Texan offense is about as well-structured as any in football. For the most part, those designs mask our limitations at WR. But if we get into a must-pass situation (where our play-action becomes irrelevant), I'm worried that we'll be exposed.

The biggest ongoing shortcoming of the Smithiak regime is the failure to develop any WRs outside of AJ and Walter. No other WR in the past seven years has come remotely closing to "getting it" in our system. It appears that age is catching up to AJ and Walter is who he is. We need our next generation to step up.