Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   All Encompassing Fire Joe Marciano (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95212)

Ryan 10-08-2012 10:57 PM

All Encompassing Fire Joe Marciano

He's got to go. I've never seen a more undisciplined unit on returns and our coverage has now given up two return TDs this season. When multiple players get multiple blocks in the back called per game, that boils down to the coaching. Has to be the most overrated coach we have and I have no idea why he's still employed. You'd think coaching someone to not block in the back would be a day one drill in training camp. Not to mention Holliday is not really helping his case.

Anyway I'm happy with the win, but it's definitely my top complaint from today.

hradhak 10-08-2012 11:03 PM

Re: Joe Marciano

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan (Post 2031494)
He's got to go. I've never seen a more undisciplined unit on returns and our coverage has now given up two return TDs this season. When multiple players get multiple blocks in the back called per game, that boils down to the coaching. Has to be the most overrated coach we have and I have no idea why he's still employed. You'd think coaching someone to not block in the back would be a day one drill in training camp. Not to mention Holliday is not really helping his case.

I agree with you. Holliday has no other job than to return kicks and he hasn't done anything yet. I'm giving them to the bye week. We probably have the worst special teams unit in the NFL

CretorFrigg 10-08-2012 11:03 PM

I concur. Special teams has been atrocious.

Hervoyel 10-08-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Yeah, special teams have been in a steady decline for a few years now. At one time the Texans had a very good special teams unit under Marciano but it's been a long time since I've watched a kickoff or return without being scared.

TheMatrix31 10-08-2012 11:05 PM

It's been awful. Utterly awful. Hate to see the need to fire anyone when the team is 5-0, but it's best to nip this in the bud.

TexanSam 10-08-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hradhak (Post 2031512)
I agree with you. Holliday has no other job than to return kicks and he hasn't done anything yet. I'm giving them to the bye week. We probably have the worst special teams unit in the NFL

Nah, Detroit's is worse. The Thanksgiving game is going to be fun.

houstonspartan 10-08-2012 11:21 PM

Marciano is the last original Texan we have left, and I've been trying to hold on to that, but, the truth is: he's got to go. Sorry, coach Joe. it's been a great run, we appreciate your work, but we have to move into another direction.

steelbtexan 10-08-2012 11:34 PM

The answer to the title of this thread is NEEDS TO BE FIRED.

Ever since they changed the wedge rules the PR/KR teams have stunk.

And this doesn't even speak to the stench that are the coverage teams.

Why are Holiday/Keo on the team. They contribute net to nothing.

Ryan 10-08-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelbtexan (Post 2031604)

I was gonna make it the "All Encompassing Fire Joe Marciano" thread but i screwed the pooch.

Big Lou 10-08-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

We blocked in the back on like 10 returns per game last year.......

Big Lou 10-08-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonspartan (Post 2031571)
Marciano is the last original Texan we have left, and I've been trying to hold on to that, but, the truth is: he's got to go. Sorry, coach Joe. it's been a great run, we appreciate your work, but we have to move into another direction.

Is there a Wade Phillips of ST's out there?

Ryan 10-08-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Lou (Post 2031649)
We blocked in the back on like 10 returns per game last year.......

I was aware of it, too. I guess tonight was the final straw.

gtexan02 10-08-2012 11:52 PM

Our coverage unit is awful.
Our return unit is awful.
Our kickoffs are rarely touchbacks.

The only strength of our game is FGs and punting

rolyat93 10-09-2012 12:37 AM

Don't forget he drafted that kicker who's shown nothing this year.

TexansFanatic 10-09-2012 12:39 AM

Quote:

He's got to go.

I said the same thing earlier tonight. Special teams have been the weak link for a while. Sorry, Joe.

Norg 10-09-2012 12:49 AM

man i was about to start the *****Offical FIRE Joe Marciano thread *****

Our ST have not only been bad this year but for at least 4 years HE HAS GOT TO GO

dream_team 10-09-2012 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelbtexan (Post 2031604)

In all fairness, Keo did recover the onside kick the Jets tried. So he finally did make a contribution this season.

Bulls on Parade 10-09-2012 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CretorFrigg (Post 2031513)
I concur. Special teams has been atrocious.

Agreed. I'm not too pleased at all with our poor Special Teams play all year long. But 5-0 is still 5-0. The offense is going to have to step it up though. Hopefully Ben Tate returns against the Packers and we hang up a 30 or 40-burger during the next two games against the Packers and Ravens. Let's get to 7-0 going into the bye week. Check that, let's get to 8-0 by winning our next three games, which are all at Reliant Stadium against the Packers, Ravens and Bills. Some home town cooking in front of a sold-out, energetic and loud Reliant crowd will carry this team to an 8-0 record halfway to the season. Booyah!

Norg 10-09-2012 02:06 AM

not only has the coaching been bad put the personal has been bad has well.. whis is dissapointing

Premier 10-09-2012 04:18 AM

this wasnt a problem last year.. trindon has to go. he doesnt bring anything. hes much better taking a knee and gettin the 20 instead bringing it out to the 9..