Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Bye week trouble... Need help. (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95193)

paycheck71 10-08-2012 01:56 PM

Bye week trouble... Need help.
 
Need to drop a player to pick up a receiver, since both of my starting WR's are on a bye in a couple of weeks. I have several marginal RB's that I've picked up along the way hoping that one of them will pan out, but I'm having a hard time deciding who to drop to get the receiver.

Shonn Greene - starting RB on a self proclaimed "ground and pound" team, but they have sucked so bad so far. He was my flex option, but I had to bench him after week 3.

Ryan Williams - starter until Beanie Wells comes back, but they don't seem to run much at all, and when they do they can't really do it well. 14 for 33 is terrible. But still hard to drop a starting RB.

Pierre Thomas - only 9 carries last week. But he did get 40 receiving yds.

Brandon Bolden - got some carries (14 this week) off the bench for the second week in a row. All of a sudden NE looks like a good running team, so while normally I'd drop this guy, I'm a little hesitant at this point.

So, I'm thinking I'm dropping Pierre Thomas, what do you guys think?

NEED HELP!!! :)

Dutchrudder 10-08-2012 02:45 PM

Re: Bye week trouble... Need help.
 
Drop Bolden, he's the backup on a mostly passing team. He's not going to getmuch play in the future, and the other guys may prove valuable at some point.

PapaL 10-08-2012 02:48 PM

I'd drop Williams. He's out for the year.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...houlder-injury

paycheck71 10-08-2012 02:50 PM

Re: Bye week trouble... Need help.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaL (Post 2030004)
I'd drop Williams. He's out for the year.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...houlder-injury

That answers the question. Didn't see it earlier. Thanks.

gtexan02 10-08-2012 03:29 PM

Re: Bye week trouble... Need help.
 
Ouch, hope those aren't all your RBs...

paycheck71 10-08-2012 05:00 PM

Re: Bye week trouble... Need help.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gtexan02 (Post 2030038)
Ouch, hope those aren't all your RBs...

No, these are my expendables. :) I'm starting Foster and Ridley. I have too many RB's, some got picked up off the waiver wire.

Joeycharp89 10-09-2012 03:03 PM

Re: Bye week trouble... Need help.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 2030000)
Drop Bolden, he's the backup on a mostly passing team. He's not going to getmuch play in the future, and the other guys may prove valuable at some point.

I don't know, have you seen how many times the Patriots have been running it recently? All four running backs got quite a few touches last Sunday.

SCOTTexans 10-10-2012 08:27 AM

Re: Bye week trouble... Need help.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joeycharp89 (Post 2032377)
I don't know, have you seen how many times the Patriots have been running it recently? All four running backs got quite a few touches last Sunday.

And with the almost costly Ridley fumble against the Broncos, Bolden might get some more of the carries... I picked him up and stashed him for my upcomming bye weeks

Dutchrudder 10-10-2012 09:34 AM

Re: Bye week trouble... Need help.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joeycharp89 (Post 2032377)
I don't know, have you seen how many times the Patriots have been running it recently? All four running backs got quite a few touches last Sunday.

They only use him to relieve Ridley, and they use Ridley a lot when they are up by 2 or more scores. If you are planning on starting Bolden, I would hope it's against a terrible team, because that's the only way he will get a lot of carries.

paycheck71 10-10-2012 12:32 PM

Re: Bye week trouble... Need help.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 2032826)
They only use him to relieve Ridley, and they use Ridley a lot when they are up by 2 or more scores. If you are planning on starting Bolden, I would hope it's against a terrible team, because that's the only way he will get a lot of carries.

I watched the Denver-NE game, and when NE goes up-tempo, if they catch the D in some kind of mismatch, they will run the ball almost every snap and get 6-7 yds on it. And because of up-tempo, they get more snaps that way, too. I agree that Bolden will only relieve Ridley, but even with that he got 14 carries last week. I have both of them, and Ridley has been money for me so far.

Hardcore Texan 10-10-2012 12:50 PM

Re: Bye week trouble... Need help.
 
I need help too please.

My TE Jimmy Graham is on a bye, I picked up Casey. Not much out there, so I took a flyer on him, I think he might have a good game vs. the Pack. Thougths? Not much on waivers. *edit Pitta just got dropped and is on waivers til Friday. Also thought about grabbing Dreesen.

WRs:
Brandon Marshall, BYE WEEK
Jeremy Maclin, PHI
Sidney Rice, Sea
Domenik Hixon, NYG
Kendall Wright, Ten
Denarius Moore, Oak

Only need two, as I will be starting a RB in the Flex. Not very strong, but I thinking Maclin should start. And a toss up between Moore and Rice.

paycheck71 10-10-2012 02:24 PM

Re: Bye week trouble... Need help.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan (Post 2033082)
I need help too please.

My TE Jimmy Graham is on a bye, I picked up Casey. Not much out there, so I took a flyer on him, I think he might have a good game vs. the Pack. Thougths? Not much on waivers. *edit Pitta just got dropped and is on waivers til Friday. Also thought about grabbing Dreesen.

I guess I'd take Dreessen over Casey and Pitta.

SCOTTexans 10-10-2012 02:29 PM

Re: Bye week trouble... Need help.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan (Post 2033082)
I need help too please.

My TE Jimmy Graham is on a bye, I picked up Casey. Not much out there, so I took a flyer on him, I think he might have a good game vs. the Pack. Thougths? Not much on waivers. *edit Pitta just got dropped and is on waivers til Friday. Also thought about grabbing Dreesen.

WRs:
Brandon Marshall, BYE WEEK
Jeremy Maclin, PHI
Sidney Rice, Sea
Domenik Hixon, NYG
Kendall Wright, Ten
Denarius Moore, Oak

Only need two, as I will be starting a RB in the Flex. Not very strong, but I thinking Maclin should start. And a toss up between Moore and Rice.

That is a really tough one.... I would choose Rice over Moore, but i think i would choose Wright over them. He has been targeted alot the past few games and gets decent yardage...


I would get Dreesen for your TE, looks like he is turning into a Red Zone threat. Like when he was here

SCOTTexans 10-22-2012 07:55 AM

Re: Bye week trouble... Need help.
 
Had a crazy FF hgame yesterday... I was up by .6 point going in to the second half of the Bengals games.... If Green, Brown, Gresham, or the Steelers defense did anything i would have lost....


Some how they didn't :dancer:

Brandon420tx 10-22-2012 08:20 AM

Re: Bye week trouble... Need help.
 
That's nuts, I had 2 people put up 0.00 points for me (had to replace Jimmy Graham with Kyle Rudolph, and I played Golden Tate on a hunch that he'd get alot of deep balls thrown to him) also Dez only got me 4 points and my kicker got 3xps that's it. I thought I was doomed but Brees and HOUSTON'S DEFENCE came through huge for me. I'm sitting with a 60ish point lead and he's got Forte, Calvin Johnson, and the Bears D to play tonight, so I'm likely still screwed. ..... but ..... there's a chance.

SCOTTexans 10-22-2012 09:46 AM

Re: Bye week trouble... Need help.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon420tx (Post 2042712)
That's nuts, I had 2 people put up 0.00 points for me (had to replace Jimmy Graham with Kyle Rudolph, and I played Golden Tate on a hunch that he'd get alot of deep balls thrown to him) also Dez only got me 4 points and my kicker got 3xps that's it. I thought I was doomed but Brees and HOUSTON'S DEFENCE came through huge for me. I'm sitting with a 60ish point lead and he's got Forte, Calvin Johnson, and the Bears D to play tonight, so I'm likely still screwed. ..... but ..... there's a chance.

Thats gonna be a close one... I know the guy i played is furious.. In the second half Green had some balls bounce off his hands, Brown ran the ball on a reverse with no gain and a 20 yard pass that he caught with one foot out of bounds.... :evil:

I had Floyd, Bowe, Maclin, Matthews, Bush on the bye... i had a bad BYE week Draft :smiliepalm:

I picked up Santana Moss off of waivers then he goes for 2 TD and 60 yrds!
Steven Jackson got a TD and some yards... The crazy thing is for some reason i decided to pick up his back up Richardson and he goes for 70 yards!

I cut the baltimore D (-2 points :texflag:) and picked up the Bills (4 points)....

This is a Pay league and I'm getting desperate for wins....

Brady, Moss, and the kicker Graham got me the most points! Still can't believe i pulled it off..

Final

78.66 > 78.32..... :dance2:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger