Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   wth packers? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95175)

PandapuffTexan 10-07-2012 03:43 PM

wth packers?

Is it just me or does the texans vs greenbay game dont seem so scary with rookie luck taking down greenbay?

Lurvinator11 10-07-2012 03:45 PM

Re: wtf packers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PandapuffTexan (Post 2029414)
Is it just me or does the texans vs greenbay game dont seem so scary with rookie luck taking down greenbay?

I kinda think the opposite. They lose to us, they will be in a 2-4 hole. They will be running like crazy, I don't like our chances as much as i would have had they beaten Indy.

But then again, I could just be over reacting :texflag:

houstonhurricane 10-07-2012 03:46 PM

The future in Indy looks bright...

ATXtexanfan 10-07-2012 03:48 PM

Yeah gb is gonna bring it.

PandapuffTexan 10-07-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 (Post 2029416)
I kinda think the opposite. They lose to us, they will be in a 2-4 hole. They will be running like crazy, I don't like our chances as much as i would have had they beaten Indy.

But then again, I could just be over reacting :texflag:

yes but if we beat packers we will possibly be 6-0 (pending jets game) and that is something i think would spark a grudge match between the two teams.

Wolf 10-07-2012 03:49 PM

bad thing for green bay .. they have scored 1 more point than they have given up.. which isn't good

scored 113 given up 112

gtexan02 10-07-2012 03:51 PM

Why does everyone think that coming off a loss is going to make them any better? They were already 2-2 and barely snuck by a terrible Saints team.

Losing in Indy to a team with no defense and mostly rookies on offense is going to kill whatever confidence they had left.

I think the idea that they will somehow be a better team after losing is pretty funny. We are too insecure of a fan base. Trust in our own guys. We don't need them to be coming in overconfident in order to win. We're the #1 team in the NFL right now. We're going to get everyone's best game. We aren't a lowly bottom dweller hoping for trap games. We'll be at home on our first SFN game ever. We could beat them even if they were playing like their lives depended on it

Lurvinator11 10-07-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf (Post 2029421)
bad thing for green bay .. they have scored 1 more point than they have given up.. which isn't good

scored 113 given up 112

Sounds like that defense is finally coming back to bite them

PandapuffTexan 10-07-2012 03:56 PM

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...,2520272.story

apprently the colts had something to fight for and it payed off

Premier 10-07-2012 03:58 PM

people will look for any reason to be pessimistic..

Count Swagula 10-07-2012 04:01 PM

Raji, Benson, Finley all injured...

Texans should roll easily.

gtexan02 10-07-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Swagula (Post 2029429)
Raji, Benson, Finley all injured...

And Jennings

Allstar 10-07-2012 04:05 PM

This makes the Packers more intimidating to me. They will be extra motivated next week.

BullBlitz 10-07-2012 04:05 PM

Congrats to the Colts on a great comeback in that game. As for the Packers, they somewhat have their their backs against the wall now and need to turn it around.

PandapuffTexan 10-07-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allstar (Post 2029431)
This makes the Packers more intimidating to me. They will be extra motivated next week.

all the reason for jj watt to make rodgers cry

Grid 10-07-2012 04:07 PM

Luck looked pretty good out there.. especially for a rookie. However he has that bad rookie habit of throwing into tight coverage. Our defense isnt going to be as forgiving as GBs was.

Premier 10-07-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allstar (Post 2029431)

just like the broncos were extra motivated and peyton manning was angry.. smh

gtexan02 10-07-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Premier (Post 2029427)
people will look for any reason to be pessimistic..

Exactly.

If Packers had won big, we would have heard all about how good they were and how hard of a game it was going to be.

If the Packers had won at the last second, we would have heard all about how they were finally putting it together just in time to face us.

They lose, and its all about how they have a must win game coming up and will be playing lights out.

We might lose, but it won't be because they were playing extra hard. They are a good team, and "Any Given Sunday" always applies. I think the carryover from one game to the other is exaggerated when you have a week off to prepare and your next game is on national tv

PandapuffTexan 10-07-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtexan02 (Post 2029436)
Exactly.

If Packers had won big, we would have heard all about how good they were and how hard of a game it was going to be.

If the Packers had won at the last second, we would have heard all about how they were finally putting it together just in time to face us.

They lose, and its all about how they have a must win game coming up and will be playing lights out.

We might lose, but it won't be because they were playing extra hard. They are a good team, and "Any Given Sunday" always applies. I think the carryover from one game to the other is exaggerated when you have a week off to prepare and your next game is on national tv

so if we beat the jets people will still say we havnt faced real chalenge and packers be first real test...may i ask when our first real test is?

Playoffs 10-07-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Swagula (Post 2029429)

:facepalm: