Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   TLarry Johnsoon: A Tale of What Happens After An RB is Overused (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95160)

CloakNNNdagger 10-06-2012 10:37 PM

TLarry Johnsoon: A Tale of What Happens After An RB is Overused

416 carries seem to have worn out more than his legs. His brain was evidently not left unaffected.:kitten:

Quote:

After his arrest on Friday in Las Vegas, former All-Pro running back Larry Johnson has now been arrested five different times after allegations of violence toward women. But Johnson insists the latest allegation against him is bogus.

“I know people will try to pass judgment on me from my previous record but I didn’t do what I am being charged with,” Johnson told TMZ.

In court, Johnson is of course due the same presumption of innocence that every criminal defendant is entitled to receive. But Johnson’s past history makes it hard to give him the benefit of the doubt.

In 2003, Johnson was charged with felony aggravated assault and misdemeanor domestic battery, but those charges were dropped when he agreed to enter a domestic violence diversion program. In 2005, he was arrested for assaulting a woman, but that charge was dropped when the woman didn’t appear in court to testify against him. In 2008, he was arrested once in February when a woman accused him of shoving her and once in October when a woman accused him of spitting in her face. Johnson pleaded guilty to two counts of disturbing the peace as part of a plea deal on both of those accusations.
link

EDIT: SORRY, MODS PLEASE CORRECT TYPOS IN TITLE.

Playoffs 10-06-2012 10:52 PM

Re: TLarry Johnsoon: A Tale of What Happens After An RB is Overused

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 2029160)
In 2003, Johnson was charged...In 2005, he was arrested for assaulting...In 2008, he was arrested once in February ... and once in October ...Johnson pleaded guilty to two counts...

Bu.. But he didn't do it this time, mmm hmmm.

Specnatz 10-07-2012 02:36 AM

Quote:

n court, Johnson is of course due the same presumption of innocence that every criminal defendant is entitled to receive.
But in the real world this is not the case, you are presumed guilty. In a court of law it is not about guilt or innocent it is about % wins and losses.

NastyNate 10-07-2012 02:37 AM

My favorite from the responses

"Tough guy. Id like to seem him try that on me. Well, not me. But somebody bigger. Like my neighbor. Id like to see him try that on my neighbor!"

HJam72 10-07-2012 08:42 AM

Yeah, I'd like to see him try that on somebody I don't like. :kingkong:

Hervoyel 10-07-2012 09:57 AM

This guy has always been a turd and in that sense nothing has changed.