Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Football Gameplan's 2012 Wk 5 Texans vs Jets Preview (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95135)

EmDiggy 10-05-2012 06:44 AM

Football Gameplan's 2012 Wk 5 Texans vs Jets Preview

Texans vs Jets Video Preview

Good morning Texans fans! Good luck this week!

Em

Lucky 10-05-2012 06:58 AM

Re: Football Gameplan's 2012 Wk 5 Texans vs Jets Preview

Interesting whiteboard talk on defensing the Texans ZBS. We've seen defense this year try to force run to the outside, and I would be surprised if the Jets didn't try to do the same. But....

All anyone will want to talk about is giving check marks at QB to bot the Texans and the Jets. No advantage at QB for the Texans? Really?

Texn4life 10-05-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 2028369)
Interesting whiteboard talk on defensing the Texans ZBS. We've seen defense this year try to force run to the outside, and I would be surprised if the Jets didn't try to do the same. But....

All anyone will want to talk about is giving check marks at QB to bot the Texans and the Jets. No advantage at QB for the Texans? Really?

Clearly Jets fans think he's on that level too. Oh wait.....

QBs they would take over Sanchez.

I'm going to keep it nice this week and just say everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

welsh texan 10-05-2012 07:08 AM

Quote:

No advantage at QB for the Texans? Really?

Tebow's connection to God versus Schaub's ability to throw a ball in the general direction of his own player. It's a wash.

Pantherstang84 10-05-2012 07:10 AM

Quote:

Dirty Sanchez = Matt Schaub? Is that what he is saying? No, I'm not I didn't watch it. I'm not going to give him the web hit.:turtle:

TejasTom 10-05-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

http://everywhereonce.files.wordpres...4/morpheus.jpg
“Sooner or later you are going to realize, just as I did, that there is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.”

beerlover 10-05-2012 08:46 AM

His shout out in the end thanking both Jets & Texans message boards for their support. That was pretty cool :thumbup

Good breakdown on whiteboard. Donnie Jones as key to Texans success by pinning Jets deep, forcing them to drive length of field for scores a little different. Usually reserved for tight, evenly matched teams. The key to me is keeping Schaub clean, Texans improving their running game (yards per carry) & Texans defense forcing more takeaways :turtle:

HOU-TEX 10-05-2012 09:00 AM

Let me guess...Shonn Green has more talent than Arian Foster?

beerlover 10-05-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOU-TEX (Post 2028418)
Let me guess...Shonn Green has more talent than Arian Foster?

no he is just saying that for the Jets to have any chance Shonn Green must have a break-out game.

jaayteetx 10-05-2012 10:03 AM

The QBs being even is a joke. Think the jets fans would be calling for Tebow if Schaub was their starter? Think Tebow would even be on their roster if Schaub was their starter?

EmDiggy 10-05-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaayteetx (Post 2028461)
The QBs being even is a joke. Think the jets fans would be calling for Tebow if Schaub was their starter? Think Tebow would even be on their roster if Schaub was their starter?

Its not saying that Sanchez/Tebow are better than Schaub. Keep in mind that Jets have 2 QBs on their roster that have won playoff games just like the Texans do. Both are talented. If you look at the rest of the Offensive roster, you'll see the Jets have this :turtle: and this:vincepalm: at their skill positions. So, the QBs are the least of the problem in NY

HOU-TEX 10-05-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmDiggy (Post 2028463)
Its not saying that Sanchez/Tebow are better than Schaub. Keep in mind that Jets have 2 QBs on their roster that have won playoff games just like the Texans do. Both are talented. If you look at the rest of the Offensive roster, you'll see the Jets have this :turtle: and this:vincepalm: at their skill positions. So, the QBs are the least of the problem in NY

Do what?! Sanchez is one of the leagues most inaccurate QBs, no matter who the WRs are. He also makes way too many bone-headed decisions.

I'm not going to bother talking about Tebow

TheIronDuke 10-05-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Tebow also won a lot of games in college so I can see how he's as good or probably better than Matt Schaub skill-wise. :kitten:

beerlover 10-05-2012 11:25 AM

week in & week out I find "Football Gameplan's" entertaining to say the least, a positive to our forum because his knack for stirring proverbial pot :stirpot:

Señor Stan 10-05-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Keep in mind that Jets have 2 QBs on their roster that have won playoff games...

Playoff wins are nothing more than a stat, and stats always lie. ;)

buddyboy 10-05-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Actually, the Texans only have 1 QB that has won a playoff game.

Jets QBs >>>>>>> Texans QBs

LikeMike 10-05-2012 11:29 AM

I think most of the people in the NFL and most of the fans would agree, that at this moment, Schaub is way better than either Sanchez or Tebow (or both of them combined). Both Jets QBs might be out of a job in 2 seasons. And I think you really could argue, that the QB play is the biggest problem of the city.

So I think you are one of the very few that thinks that way. But hey, everybody can have their opinions and I actually really enjoy watching your videos.

Texanmike02 10-05-2012 12:13 PM

What you guys don't see is versatility. He is saying that tebow is more versatile. There is no way schaub can play special teams like the jets qb. Its all about skill set

Mike

TheIronDuke 10-05-2012 01:03 PM

Y'all also are forgetting they have Greg McElroy at 3rd string QB who won a national championship with Alabama and had a high Wonderlic score. We don't even have a 3rd QB now that we released Beck. So not only do they have 2 QB's who have NFL playoff expereience they also have championships in college PLUS they have MORE QB's. So it's easy to see that the Jets are at worst even at the QB position and probably better. I'll have to check the Madden ratings to make sure but I'm pretty sure the overall skills will heavily favor the Jets.

SCOTTexans 10-05-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheIronDuke (Post 2028571)
Y'all also are forgetting they have Greg McElroy at 3rd string QB who won a national championship with Alabama and had a high Wonderlic score. We don't even have a 3rd QB now that we released Beck. So not only do they have 2 QB's who have NFL playoff expereience they also have championships in college PLUS they have MORE QB's. So it's easy to see that the Jets are at worst even at the QB position and probably better. I'll have to check the Madden ratings to make sure but I'm pretty sure the overall skills will heavily favor the Jets.

We are screwed....:facepalm: