Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texan Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   New England (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95119)

Texans_bull 10-04-2012 03:27 PM

New England
 
Any one going to the New England Game??

I'm Planning a trip . but i don't know the area so i want to be near some Texan Fans..

Please Help

Thanks

TexanDave 10-04-2012 04:20 PM

Re: New England
 
I am considering it. Have not booked it yet though.

Dr2bKay 10-04-2012 07:08 PM

Re: New England
 
I am going but I haven't planned anything yet. I have to get through the other road games coming up. I will start planning after I get back from the Chicago trip.

gtexan02 10-04-2012 08:16 PM

Re: New England
 
Let me know if y'all have questions about Boston. I don't know Foxborough but can help with the city

TexansBlood 10-04-2012 11:05 PM

Re: New England
 
Me and my girl might be going..

TexansJohn 10-05-2012 07:48 PM

Re: New England
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texans_bull (Post 2028038)
Any one going to the New England Game??

I'm Planning a trip . but i don't know the area so i want to be near some Texan Fans..

Please Help

Thanks

Yup...a buddy and I already booked our flight and reserved a room at the Renaissance Hotel for that Monday night....it's practically in the Gillette Stadium parking lot, but is about $500 for a room on game night. And we are still in "sticker shock" at the prices on StubHub, so we haven't yet purchased our tickets.....we'll hopefully do that this weekend.

I'm sure there will be a gathering of Texans fans on Saturday or Sunday before the game.. We'll be staying in downtown Boston Sat/Sun night, but will be hanging around Patriot Place near Gillette Stadium on game day. Hopefully we'll meet other Texans fans in downtown Boston on Saturday night.

.I'm going to watch this forum to see...sure there will be more people planning trips to Boston in the coming weeks.

Texan_Bill 10-05-2012 09:59 PM

Re: New England
 
EFF the Patriots!!! I had no problem with them until the played the Carolina Panthers in Super Bowl XXXVIII here in Houston. Their fans actually turned out to be extreme asshats!!! So much so that I found myself pulling for the Carolina Panthers!!!

EFF a bunch of Patriots!!!!

TexansJohn 10-06-2012 01:05 AM

Re: New England
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gtexan02 (Post 2028194)
Let me know if y'all have questions about Boston. I don't know Foxborough but can help with the city

So we need to find things to do Saturday and Sunday. Would you recommend a particular hotel downtown? We would like to go pub crawling Sat and Sun night, so is downtown the best place to stay? Or is there a better place for that sort of activity? Keep in mind that we'll be on foot and hailing cabs the whole trip!

gtexan02 10-06-2012 01:19 AM

Re: New England
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TexansJohn (Post 2028847)
So we need to find things to do Saturday and Sunday. Would you recommend a particular hotel downtown? We would like to go pub crawling Sat and Sun night, so is downtown the best place to stay? Or is there a better place for that sort of activity? Keep in mind that we'll be on foot and hailing cabs the whole trip!

Downtown is a great area. Cabs and subways are the way to go out here, so thats a great idea. Subways stop at 1am and getting a cab at 2am can be a pain, so just keep that in mind haha.

There are a lot of great hotels on the harbor that are really nice and convenient to a lot of spots. There are also some nice hotels (Parker house for instance) on the freedom trail, which will give you access to more of the "historic" type boston bars. Then theres places like The Liberty Hotel which is an awesome hotel and also has an awesome bar right inside.

TexansJohn 10-07-2012 05:26 PM

Re: New England
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gtexan02 (Post 2028856)
Downtown is a great area. Cabs and subways are the way to go out here, so thats a great idea. Subways stop at 1am and getting a cab at 2am can be a pain, so just keep that in mind haha.

There are a lot of great hotels on the harbor that are really nice and convenient to a lot of spots. There are also some nice hotels (Parker house for instance) on the freedom trail, which will give you access to more of the "historic" type boston bars. Then theres places like The Liberty Hotel which is an awesome hotel and also has an awesome bar right inside.

Hey thanks for the tip! We booked at the Liberty Hotel after looking at their website.

Dr2bKay 10-11-2012 11:05 AM

Re: New England
 
I just purchased my flight to Boston. Can't wait!!! Well, I can wait since it will be freaking cold in December.

I will be there from Saturday until Tuesday morning. I am opening to some TexansTalk pub crawls on Saturday and Sunday.

GTexan- What are some good seafood restaurants? Is there a certain area that the young hip professionals hang? I would like to check out the "dressed up" bar scene on Saturday night.

gtexan02 10-21-2012 06:09 PM

Re: New England
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr2bKay (Post 2033770)
I just purchased my flight to Boston. Can't wait!!! Well, I can wait since it will be freaking cold in December.

I will be there from Saturday until Tuesday morning. I am opening to some TexansTalk pub crawls on Saturday and Sunday.

GTexan- What are some good seafood restaurants? Is there a certain area that the young hip professionals hang? I would like to check out the "dressed up" bar scene on Saturday night.

I've got a friend who is a seafood buyer for a lot of the restaurants downtown. I'll ask him who he recommends and get back to you on it.

As for the dressed up bar scene, the historic parts of downtown and around the financial areas are probably a good bet. There are some really nice bars over there.

Ive heard this place is nice: http://drinkfortpoint.com/

Liberty is also awesome. http://www.libertyhotel.com/food_and...berty_bar.html

Also the prudential/newbury area is really nice (lots of upscale spits around Newbury st) and the beacon hill area

TexasMade5717 10-22-2012 02:33 PM

Re: New England
 
4 of us will be going as well. None have ever been to Boston so we're soaking all this in. Looks like everyone will be all over the place but if we could settle on a place before the game that would be cool. Do they tailgate there or is it more like an entertainment/ complex area people go to (similar to New Orleans) before the game? I'm going post something on the Pats' message board, you usually get good feedback that way. GO TEXANS!

TexasMade5717 10-26-2012 11:55 AM

Re: New England
 
Cool the 4 of us are set to go. We are looking to go out on Saturday, hit up some drinking establishments, maybe bar hop. I've been reading the recommendations here and will investigate further. If anyone else wants to join up let's do it.

Grams 10-26-2012 05:13 PM

Re: New England
 
Durgan Park - have some Baked Indian Pudding for dessert.

TexansJohn 10-26-2012 08:48 PM

Re: New England
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasMade5717 (Post 2043038)
4 of us will be going as well. None have ever been to Boston so we're soaking all this in. Looks like everyone will be all over the place but if we could settle on a place before the game that would be cool. Do they tailgate there or is it more like an entertainment/ complex area people go to (similar to New Orleans) before the game? I'm going post something on the Pats' message board, you usually get good feedback that way. GO TEXANS!

Two of us are going and we're Boston virgins as well. My understanding is that they do tailgate, but there are several bars in Patriot Place that we could all meet up at if preferred. Please do post on here any information you find on tailgating, etc. I don't know if they do or not or how welcoming they are of away fans tailgating.....need to do more research! Really looking forward to being in Gillette on Monday night (minus the cold weather, of course)

chriswiggin 10-29-2012 09:13 AM

Re: New England
 
I too am a virgin visiting Boston for the first time, and will be attending the game. I would like if all of us would meet in one spot. Take over a bar or something, and show out Texans our support! Anyone know if any of the players will be hanging out somewhere or where they will be staying? Maybe we can pay them a visit! I'm just SUPER excited about this game......can't wait!

TexasMade5717 10-31-2012 11:52 AM

Re: New England
 
Texans fans- on game day let's meet at CBS Scene located on the grounds of Gillete Stadium. It's inside their entertainment complex Patriot Place. I called them and they said they'd be more than happy to have us there. Here are the links to both places (Patriot Place & CBS Scene) to check out for yourself. LET'S TAKE OVER THIS BAR!!!

Patriot Place:
http://www.patriot-place.com/CBSscene.aspx

CBS Scene (inside Patriot Place):
http://cbsscene.com/index.php

chriswiggin 10-31-2012 12:52 PM

Re: New England
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasMade5717 (Post 2048070)
Texans fans- on game day let's meet at CBS Scene located on the grounds of Gillete Stadium. It's inside their entertainment complex Patriot Place. I called them and they said they'd be more than happy to have us there. Here are the links to both places (Patriot Place & CBS Scene) to check out for yourself. LET'S TAKE OVER THIS BAR!!!

Patriot Place:
http://www.patriot-place.com/CBSscene.aspx

CBS Scene (inside Patriot Place):
http://cbsscene.com/index.php

I'm in!!!!! Now, who's coming with me!?!?!

TexansJohn 10-31-2012 10:55 PM

Re: New England
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasMade5717 (Post 2048070)
Texans fans- on game day let's meet at CBS Scene located on the grounds of Gillete Stadium. It's inside their entertainment complex Patriot Place. I called them and they said they'd be more than happy to have us there. Here are the links to both places (Patriot Place & CBS Scene) to check out for yourself. LET'S TAKE OVER THIS BAR!!!

Patriot Place:
http://www.patriot-place.com/CBSscene.aspx

CBS Scene (inside Patriot Place):
http://cbsscene.com/index.php

Haha...we'll see you there! In fact, we'll probably be there by noon. :toast2:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger