Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Anyone else want revenge? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95044)

Texecutioner 10-01-2012 08:03 PM

Anyone else want revenge?

I sure as hell do this week. Anyone remember that shallacking we took a few years ago from the Jets where they blitzed us all game long and made us look terrible?? I think it was Rex Ryan's first season there if I'm not mistaken. I'd love to see this Texans defense crush them the same way they did to our offense a few seasons ago. I haven't forgotten that ugly game where we got embarrassed. I think it was the first game of the season as well. I want to see the Texans beat the hell out of the Jets. Who is with me? Who wants revenge?

pbat488 10-01-2012 08:12 PM

Re: Anyone else want revenge?

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_as...sragdoll-o.gif

still makes me wince

Wolf 10-01-2012 08:14 PM

I remember going into the season thinking "This will be a great year" and the Jets pounded us
I hate the jets and I hope we beat the crap out of them

I do think they will be focused, they had a horrible game against the 9ers

so I hope we put another "L" in their column and let the media continue to debate on the QB situation ...

Thorn 10-01-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Yes. A thousand times yes.

paycheck71 10-01-2012 08:19 PM

That was 2009, the year both the Jets and the Texans finished 9-7, and the Jets went to the playoffs based on tiebreakers. The Colts, of course, contributed to that, losing to the Jets in the last week when they pulled the starters at halftime since they didn't have anything to play for.

It was the first game of the season, and you just knew it was going to be a long day when Thomas Jones ran for an 80 yd TD on the first play, IIRC.

I'm just glad that since then it seems our teams have gone in different directions.

SteveSlaton20 10-01-2012 08:30 PM

d*mn right i do. screw rex ryan, mark sanchez, tim tebow, and the new york jets fans.

drs23 10-01-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paycheck71 (Post 2026189)
That was 2009, the year both the Jets and the Texans finished 9-7, and the Jets went to the playoffs based on tiebreakers. The Colts, of course, contributed to that, losing to the Jets in the last week when they pulled the starters at halftime since they didn't have anything to play for.

It was the first game of the season, and you just knew it was going to be a long day when Thomas Jones ran for an 80 yd TD on the first play, IIRC.

I'm just glad that since then it seems our teams have gone in different directions.

Thanks for saving me the keystrokes. :)

I'll add this...Sweet Toes Ryan didn't let up. He took it to the final whistle. The Texans now have the talent to return in kind. Kubiak won't do that out of spite, but if his game plan is delivering that, then that's what they'll get. See 41-7 beatdown last year in Possum Holler.

I can't wait to see how it happens. I'm hoping Matt will involve that #1 draft pick corner. Got to give him a chance to show the nation why he should have been a #1. :)

Big Lou 10-01-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 (Post 2026195)
d*mn right i do. screw rex ryan, mark sanchez, tim tebow, and the new york jets fans.

I want them to pummel that loud mouth Rex Ryan. The media was all over him for two years claiming he was a genius. Really he took a 9-7 team back to 9-7, BFD......

Marcus 10-01-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texecutioner (Post 2026179)
Who wants revenge?

Right there with ya, Tex. I want to see us smash them like the 9'ers did. Then I want to see Rex Ryan cry about it after the game.

Texan_Bill 10-01-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbat488 (Post 2026183)

Yessir!! Myself as well.... That said, I've eaten plenty of crow since that particular play. AND, where is Kris Jenkins since then?? :thinking:

TexansFanatic 10-01-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbat488 (Post 2026183)

Yep. That play is indelibly etched in my brain. Chris Myers took a lot of grief for that.

Anyway, to answer the question: damned straight I want revenge. The Jets are in need of a barium enema.

Javi 10-01-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paycheck71 (Post 2026189)

actually it was the Bengals that the jets played in the last week that year

2slik4u 10-01-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexansFanatic (Post 2026209)
Yep. That play is indelibly etched in my brain. Chris Myers took a lot of grief for that.

Anyway, to answer the question: damned straight I want revenge. The Jets are in need of a barium enema.

I sure as sh-t do. I second this notion. Not exactly sure what a barium enema is but anything with enema in it has to be bad.

Luv_ya_blue 10-01-2012 09:14 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte...s_Approves.gif

GlassHalfFull 10-01-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2slik4u (Post 2026221)
I sure as sh-t do. I second this notion. Not exactly sure what a barium enema is but anything with enema in it has to be bad.

Turn 50, you will find out.

On topic, I fully support this motion. :glasshalffull:

Luv_ya_blue 10-01-2012 09:16 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte...0eclo1_500.gif

jjjezebel 10-01-2012 09:17 PM

Eff yes, I do. Screw 'em all.

Texans Spirit 10-01-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 (Post 2026195)

i want good clean revenge for the loss and just because...it freakin' NEW YAWK and the mindset that everyone else is beneath them.

i stilllll remember all the names they called Houston during the NBA finals.

i want us Texas folk to gather our wagons at the Reliant parking lot and have a HUGE watching party so those yanks can wriiiithe in agony and thumb our nose at ABC all just because of their arrogance.

Luv_ya_blue 10-01-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texans Spirit (Post 2026230)
i want good clean revenge for the loss and just because...it freakin' NEW YAWK and the mindset that everyone else is beneath them.

i stilllll remember all the names they called Houston during the NBA finals.

i want us Texas folk to gather our wagons at the Reliant parking lot and have a HUGE watching party so those yanks can wriiiithe in agony and thumb our nose at ABC all just because of their arrogance.

Hey bro...
Welcome to the boards.
Wanted to mention that some folks around here are really funny about BLUE FONT.

Just FYI.
:kubepalm:

paycheck71 10-01-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javi (Post 2026215)
actually it was the Bengals that the jets played in the last week that year

You're right, the Colts game was the week before for them. But the Colts still pulled the starters in that one.