Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Injuries from Titan's game (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95018)

gafftop 09-30-2012 09:54 PM

Injuries from Titan's game

What was injury status of Caldwell, Demps and any others?
thanks

Playoffs 09-30-2012 10:04 PM

Re: Injuries from Titan's game

Quote:

(on G Andre Caldwell’s injury) “We don’t know. He got rolled up pretty good is my understanding. Of course I don’t see during the game, but he got rolled up pretty good. He came into the game with a sore ankle, so (C/G) Ben (Jones) played the rest of the way. He’s been battling the nicks actually the last week or so. So we’ll see where we’re at. We’ve got an extra day this week so hopefully we get him back.”
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...4-e5c071f04e92

gtexan02 09-30-2012 10:08 PM

(on Titans Pride) "We don't know. It got hit pretty good. I don't think its going to make a quick recovery. I mean, it really took a shot out there. I'd say its done for the year."

SCOTTexans 09-30-2012 10:12 PM

All the hopes and dreams of Titan's fans.

They get the running game back and Locker gets hurt....

wolf123 09-30-2012 11:55 PM

I'm very worried about Demps.. Shilo keo is terrible and really limits us defensively.

SheTexan 10-01-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCOTTexans (Post 2025587)
All the hopes and dreams of Titan's fans.

They get the running game back and Locker gets hurt....

They got their running game back WITHOUT Locker!

dream_team 10-01-2012 01:11 AM

oops!

Porky 10-01-2012 10:55 AM

I know the reason why Keo was kept over Troy Nolan but come on...that was a bad decision by the Texans.

I mean does better ST play trump being horrible at your position? Nolan was good enough to spot start and had a nose for the ball. I was comfortable with Nolan as a depth safety. So what if he sucked at ST? Keo just is too limited athletically, takes bad angles, isn't a good tackler and has almost zero instincts for the position. He is in over his head and unless you are a ST God (and he isn't)...that doesn't trump horrible position play.

He is the worst player on the 53 man roster and he needs to go to someone else.....soon. Maybe Miami will give us Troy for Keo and a six pack of coke. :kitten:

TejasTom 10-01-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porky (Post 2025834)
He is the worst player on the 53 man roster and he needs to go to someone else.....soon. Maybe Miami will give us Troy for Keo and a six pack of coke. :kitten:

Miami has already cut Troy. Keo came off the field hurt also. Ball played at safety late in the game.

Errant Hothy 10-01-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porky (Post 2025834)
I know the reason why Keo was kept over Troy Nolan but come on...that was a bad decision by the Texans.

I mean does better ST play trump being horrible at your position? Nolan was good enough to spot start and had a nose for the ball. I was comfortable with Nolan as a depth safety. So what if he sucked at ST? Keo just is too limited athletically, takes bad angles, isn't a good tackler and has almost zero instincts for the position. He is in over his head and unless you are a ST God (and he isn't)...that doesn't trump horrible position play.

Im pretty sure that Troy is a FA again, but I could be mistaken.

Edit: ninja'd by TejasTom

Porky 10-01-2012 11:41 AM

If Troy is on the open market, we need to sign him. Not saying he is all that and a bag of chips, but he is clearly better than Keo by any measure.

Lady.Gaga.3000 10-01-2012 11:58 AM

Did you guys see the play Keo got hurt on? He took a bad angle on a tackle and missed. Keo was barely stiffed arm and somehow got hurt.

dream_team 10-01-2012 12:08 PM

Good thing Nolan is a FA. Time to bring him home (if Demps will miss time).

infantrycak 10-01-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porky (Post 2025872)
If Troy is on the open market, we need to sign him. Not saying he is all that and a bag of chips, but he is clearly better than Keo by any measure.

We also have Eddie Pleasant on the practice squad. He appeared to have good range and instincts in the pre-season.

TheIronDuke 10-01-2012 01:03 PM

I'd love to bring Nolan back and call Pleasant up from the PS, cut Keo and Holliday and we'd be set.

beerlover 10-01-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 2025942)
We also have Eddie Pleasant on the practice squad. He appeared to have good range and instincts in the pre-season.

If texans move Eddie on the active roster they will never look back. Bemoaning Keo or letting Nolan go in the grand scheme of things is most likey inconsequential. Have a Pleasant Day should be a promo moving forward.

CretorFrigg 10-01-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TejasTom (Post 2025851)
Miami has already cut Troy. Keo came off the field hurt also. Ball played at safety late in the game.

Ball was playing safety? Did I miss something? What happened to Glover Quin?

Perki-Perk 10-01-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CretorFrigg (Post 2025995)

You see, there are 2 safeties. The free and the strong.

CretorFrigg 10-01-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perki-Perk (Post 2026012)
You see, there are 2 safeties. The free and the strong.

Danieal Manning...

dsorc 10-01-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CretorFrigg (Post 2025995)

We play a 3-safety dime package. With Demps and Keo down, Ball took over as the dime safety. Makes sense since he did play some S in Dallas.