Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Late Games Open Thread (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95007)

TheEastwood 09-30-2012 03:28 PM

Late Games Open Thread

I love the RedZone channel. I can watch all the games and there's rarely, if ever, a commercial break.

MIA vs ARI

OAK vs DEN

CIN vs JAC

NO vs GB

WAS vs TB

TheEastwood 09-30-2012 03:29 PM

Re: Late Games Open Thread

Great catch by Dressen for Den first TD. really sick diving catch

EDIT the Dolphins and Jacksonville both don't look as bad as they did against us. Both look decent so far today

dtran04 09-30-2012 03:52 PM

GB gets SCREWED again........

The DB gets pushed off AGAIN and Colston scores. LOL

TheEastwood 09-30-2012 03:59 PM

lol. Demarious Thomas on a screen runs like 50 yards and looks like he's gonna score... then just fumbles the ball without anyone even touching him.

And then Bengals run a fake punt and get a huge gain on the JAX pussycats

Stemp 09-30-2012 04:14 PM

Let's go Cincy!

GP 09-30-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheEastwood (Post 2025258)
lol. Demarious Thomas on a screen runs like 50 yards and looks like he's gonna score... then just fumbles the ball without anyone even touching him.

And then Bengals run a fake punt and get a huge gain on the JAX pussycats

Yeah, I tried to tell people all last week that Demarious Thomas cost the Broncos the game vs. Texans...he had a LOT of mental errors. People said I was crazy for saying that, but it's true.

I think the guy is hot-and-cold. You just cannot trust him from play to play.

Greg Little of the Browns is a lot like that. Last year, Julio Jones had several of those same moments. The TE for the Jags has those moments too.

Guys with HUGE talent who just brain fart a lot.

Showtime100 09-30-2012 05:13 PM

LOL. Green Bay welcomes the regular refs with happy, loving arms..........and get screwed just a minute ago.

TheEastwood 09-30-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Showtime100 (Post 2025327)
LOL. Green Bay welcomes the regular refs with happy, loving arms..........and get screwed just a minute ago.

LOL for real. How was that a catch? The ball bounced off the ground

Showtime100 09-30-2012 05:44 PM

This Saints-Green Bay game looks like it's going to go down to the wire. Tune in if you haven't already.

24-21 N'Olins

TheEastwood 09-30-2012 06:15 PM

Kolb just tied the game up with 30 sec left. And Tampa just scored and goin for 2 against the Skins. down by 3 currently. Great late games goin on

EDIT: Missed the conversion, but I was mistaken. they're down by 2. and Miami just took a knee to take that game to OT. And then Nelson just scored a TD! Did I say that I love the RedZone channel?

GP 09-30-2012 06:23 PM

This GB-NO game is an Instant Classic. Period.

These two teams are slugging it out like they did in the season opener a year or two ago.

GB is getting screwed soooooo hard. The most obvious fumble in the history of the NFL, and the refs get it wrong. Folks, the media is going to HAMMER the NFL this week on how bad even the REAL refs have been today.

EDIT: In addition, McCarthy lost a timeout and wasted his last challenge on an OBVIOUS incompletion for Jimmy Graham that shows the ball hitting the ground and the ground helping Graham to hold onto the ball.

Has a team ever been screwed this badly, this frequently, like GB is getting screwed? The fans have every right to go absolutely nuts out there. Short of physical violence, I'd be in favor of the fans staging some sort of show of anger right now. They're getting hosed.

Showtime100 09-30-2012 06:23 PM

Man! Green Bay just got another discount double f*

GP 09-30-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Showtime100 (Post 2025393)
Man! Green Bay just got another discount double f*

LMAO! Epic.

GP 09-30-2012 06:30 PM

There were two terrible spots by the side ref in our game today. They screwed us twice.

In one, they shorted Keshawn Martin by a full 4 feet and almost cost us a first down and then would have made it 4th and short.

Then they gave Chris Johnson a full EXTRA yard on a carry, spotting it at the 31 when his forward progress never even made it past the 30.

That side ref, IMO, is dirty. Period. It's no minor thing for him to short US a full yard and then to give THEM a full extra yard. You know what I'm saying? That guy is dirty. Period.

GP 09-30-2012 06:36 PM

Wow.

Saints make a go-ahead FG, but it's negated by penalty.

Then the Packers go offsides and move the ball back up another 5 yards...and the kicker misses the FG.

GB still in the lead, need only to move the chains once to ice the game and make the Saints an incredible 0-4.

Showtime100 09-30-2012 06:42 PM

Pretty freaking great drama. Imagine being a GB or NO fan watching this. You are used to winning and 2012 has sucked so far.....now this. I love this game.

GP 09-30-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Showtime100 (Post 2025409)
Pretty freaking great drama. Imagine being a GB or NO fan watching this. You are used to winning and 2012 has sucked so far.....now this. I love this game.

It's weird to have us at 4-0, when these teams are usually 4-0...and WE are usually the ones biting our nails and just praying we squeak out a game like this one this early in the season.

My how the times have changed! Not trying to be overly cocky or anything, but this sort of drama is usually what we go through right now.

2-2 and 0-4 for those two teams. Wow.

Showtime100 09-30-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GP (Post 2025412)
It's weird to have us at 4-0, when these teams are usually 4-0...and WE are usually the ones biting our nails and just praying we squeak out a game like this one this early in the season.

My how the times have changed! Not trying to be overly cocky or anything, but this sort of drama is usually what we go through right now.

2-2 and 0-4 for those two teams. Wow.

As fans we've paid our dues for this nice, cushy, undefeated seat. We've paid dearly. :handshake:

welsh texan 09-30-2012 06:48 PM

sky sports have just switched to the Skins Buccs game now the Packers game is over, looking for the amazing comeback drive from RG3. 20 yards on 1st down, another 3 2nd throw, straight in FG range with the wheels, game won.

Showtime100 09-30-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welsh texan (Post 2025416)
sky sports have just switched to the Skins Buccs game now the Packers game is over, looking for the amazing comeback drive from RG3. 20 yards on 1st down, another 3 2nd throw, straight in FG range with the wheels, game won.

Same here. :18 left. Hang on!...lol