Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Roof open tomorrow? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94991)

robroy72 09-29-2012 06:38 PM

Roof open tomorrow?

http://www.weather.com/weather/tomor...+USTX0617:1:US

Low of 58, High of 74 ... guessing it'll be a open container tomorrow.

Lucky 09-29-2012 06:40 PM

Re: Roof open tomorrow?

No way, a 10% chance of rain will keep it closed.

CloakNNNdagger 09-29-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 2024391)
No way, a 10% chance of rain will keep it closed.

Especially since the weatherman's accuracy is + or - 50%. :kitten:

ATXtexanfan 09-29-2012 06:51 PM

Hope not.

robroy72 09-29-2012 06:57 PM

Didn't realize that the Texans actually listened to the fans and changed the roof open policy

http://prod.www.texans.clubs.nfl.com...of-policy.html

"Houston Texans Roof Policy (50/80 rule):

We will consider opening the roof at Reliant Stadium when the game time temperature is projected to be between 50 and 80 degrees. Our goal for implementing the “50-80 Rule” is to provide the most comfortable environment possible to enjoy Houston Texans games. Please note that the threat of rain will influence this decision, and when there is a good chance of rain during a game, the roof will be closed. Also, our parameters for late afternoon and evening games may shift slightly because of the absence of direct sunlight. However, we plan to use the general parameters established with your input to make the roof position decision for each game.

Our research clearly demonstrated that we cannot please everyone, every time with our roof position decision. However, we are hopeful that this note helps to point out that our approach is thoughtful, deliberate and focused on creating the best environment possible for the majority of our fans to enjoy games at Reliant Stadium."

Speedy 09-29-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robroy72 (Post 2024398)
Didn't realize that the Texans actually listened to the fans and changed the roof open policy

http://prod.www.texans.clubs.nfl.com...of-policy.html

"Houston Texans Roof Policy (50/80 rule):

We will consider opening the roof at Reliant Stadium when the game time temperature is projected to be between 50 and 80 degrees. Our goal for implementing the “50-80 Rule” is to provide the most comfortable environment possible to enjoy Houston Texans games. Please note that the threat of rain will influence this decision, and when there is a good chance of rain during a game, the roof will be closed. Also, our parameters for late afternoon and evening games may shift slightly because of the absence of direct sunlight. However, we plan to use the general parameters established with your input to make the roof position decision for each game.

Our research clearly demonstrated that we cannot please everyone, every time with our roof position decision. However, we are hopeful that this note helps to point out that our approach is thoughtful, deliberate and focused on creating the best environment possible for the majority of our fans to enjoy games at Reliant Stadium."

Yeah, that went into affect September 19, 2005.

Stemp 09-29-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedy (Post 2024406)

I remember that because we got burnt to a crisp during the Raider game.

ObsiWan 09-29-2012 07:17 PM

I doubt it. Ch. 2 weather dude just said 20% chance of rain.

robroy72 09-29-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedy (Post 2024406)

It did? I thought the policy last year was if it was below 72 degrees at kick off, they would open it. I may have overdosed on the :koolaid:

Jackie Chiles 09-29-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stemp (Post 2024407)
I remember that because we got burnt to a crisp during the Raider game.

Thought it was a Steelers game.

Stemp 09-29-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles (Post 2024412)

You are correct. I just remember we thought we'd have an advantage because they wore black and it was so sunny and hot. The only ones who lost were the fans unfortunately.

CloakNNNdagger 09-29-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stemp (Post 2024415)
You are correct. I just remember we thought we'd have an advantage because they wore black and it was so sunny and hot. The only ones who lost were the fans unfortunately.

Actually, the heat was to be advantageous to our team, but the architects evidently screwed up because the home bench side incinerated way before the visitor's............and we almost lost Granma!

robroy72 09-29-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Yeah .... my neighbor was at it, and likes to chide his buddy who bought the tickets in the microwave regularly!

SheTexan 09-29-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Really doesn't matter. We had so many scorchers back in the "old" days it was inevitable, esp since they started getting massive complaints from CLUB PSL owners with threats to give up their seats if they didn't do something. Of course, when ya have 150 people visiting the first aide station in ONE quarter, it was time to get out of your AC box and realize fans were getting sick.

I think the Raider game was just as HOT as the Steeler game, but, it was the Steeler game that got the job done.

drs23 09-29-2012 08:11 PM

I just searched the Texans' site but couldn't find the quote but earlier today I was watching the TV & Media section and there was a conversation between Nick & Drew where that question came up. Their response was something along the lines of "look for it very seldom because Kubiak likes it closed" as it provides a "perfect atmosphere" and "crowd noise" was also a factor.

TheIronDuke 11-19-2012 04:02 PM

So, why exactly wasn't the roof open yesterday? Was absolutely perfect weather.

drs23 11-19-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheIronDuke (Post 2061359)

Someone posted the reason was 10% chance of rain. Nick Scurfield said on one of his bits that if was up to Gary, it'd be closed every game. Looks like Gary might have just a little stroke. idonno:

badboy 11-19-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheIronDuke (Post 2061359)

Because Kubiak said close it. 610 had funny skit this afternoon with one guy being Mcnair and other Gary.

Bob McNair: Beautiful day Gary, let's open stadium.

Kubiak: No.

Bob: Gary come on national tv looking at our beautiful stadium..

Gary: No.

McNair: You know 72,000 fans will make lots of noise with roof open.

Gary: No.

Game day announcer: Houston Texans have decided for the roof to remain closed.

TheIronDuke 11-19-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drs23 (Post 2061365)
Someone posted the reason was 10% chance of rain. Nick Scurfield said on one of his bits that if was up to Gary, it'd be closed every game. Looks like Gary might have just a little stroke. idonno:

What a waste of money.

SheTexan 11-19-2012 04:47 PM

RUMOR only!!

I read on some website, don't remember which, it's the Internet ya know, that they had some kind of mechanical problem that would not allow the roof to open entirely. Who knows, and who cares, really!!! Kubiak should have the final say IMHO!