Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   L.A. City Council approves plan (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94970)

Hervoyel 09-29-2012 12:03 AM

L.A. City Council approves plan

Quote:

Originally Posted by From the article
We're not trying to steal a franchise and we're not trying to force them to move before they make a decision to move. That's up to the individual owners out there today. But we will be very active in letting them know, despite what a lot of people thought, we have a deal with the city, we've gone through this process and we are shovel-ready.

L.A. City Council approves plan

Fans of poorly supported teams around the league had better pucker up. It looks like L.A. is about to steal a franchise with the league's approval.

gtexan02 09-29-2012 12:26 AM

Re: L.A. City Council approves plan

I hope its not Jacksonville. The tarps aren't very loud so its like a home game when we play there.

Hervoyel 09-29-2012 12:30 AM

I just hate that it has to be anyone. L.A. takes ages to get their act together and yet some of these deluded stooges think they have a chance of luring more than one team to their new stadium. Should make them take back the Rams.

Hookem Horns 09-29-2012 12:42 AM

I hate to say it because I live here now but the Bucs aren't selling jack here. I know they have some crazy lease in place but we all know those can be broken.

gtexan02 09-29-2012 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hervoyel (Post 2024129)
I just hate that it has to be anyone. L.A. takes ages to get their act together and yet some of these deluded stooges think they have a chance of luring more than one team to their new stadium. Should make them take back the Rams.

When an owner moves his team for ridiculous reasons, yeah, I hate it too.
But when a team can't sell out its stadium and has to black out all its home games, I think a move is in order. Man up and support your team or lose them to LA

Fili 09-29-2012 12:56 AM

Meh, I don't like adding more teams...

Premier 09-29-2012 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fili (Post 2024137)
Meh, I don't like adding more teams...

relocation not expansion...

if anything it should/could possibly shake up our division and we wont be the only big market in the afcs.. nashville, indy, & jax are terrible markets, houston is a bigger msa than all 3 combined..

Lucky 09-29-2012 05:18 AM

Ranking the teams in likelihood of relocating to LA:

1) Raiders - They're not getting a new stadium in Oakland
2) Jaguars - Can get out of their lease for $60 million, chump change in the NFL
3) Rams - Have an escape clause in 2015
4) Chargers - Have an escape clause in 2013, but are trying to work a deal to stay in San Diego

I think Davis' son will eventually sell and the team moves to LA. It's possible both the Raiders and Rams move and share the stadium.

Playoffs 09-29-2012 07:56 AM

It's about time for Los Angeles to get another NFL team to ignore. :kitten:

drs23 09-29-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoffs (Post 2024183)
It's about time for Los Angeles to get another NFL team to ignore. :kitten:

Or two even. :kitten: :kitten:

Malloy 09-29-2012 11:45 AM

Did the Vikings solve their stadium problems?

Hookem Horns 09-29-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malloy (Post 2024235)
Did the Vikings solve their stadium problems?

Think that was finally passed and they are getting the deal they wanted.

Malloy 09-30-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookem Horns (Post 2024283)
Think that was finally passed and they are getting the deal they wanted.

Gotya!

Showtime100 09-30-2012 08:04 PM

Good to be a Texan. That's my main feeling.

Years ago if this scenario came up you might wonder about Bud. But here, now, I know Bob loves Houston and Houston loves Bob.

utahmark 09-30-2012 08:23 PM

Are they going to wait till they have a team to actually build it. I seem to remember San Antonio building a stadium but forgeting to get the team.

TheMatrix31 09-30-2012 09:50 PM

lol, LA City Council.

This city and the "people" that live here ruined basketball for me, and make life a living hell every single day from their insufferable nature and general doucheosity. They better not ****ing ruin football for me too.

Showtime100 09-30-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 (Post 2025533)
lol, LA City Council.

This city and the "people" that live here ruined basketball for me, and make life a living hell every single day from their insufferable nature and general doucheosity. They better not ****ing ruin football for me too.

Friendly curiosity here, are you a Texan fan?? If so, I fail to see how California, your home or not, would affect your football mood.

Corrosion 09-30-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtexan02 (Post 2024136)
When an owner moves his team for ridiculous reasons, yeah, I hate it too.
But when a team can't sell out its stadium and has to black out all its home games, I think a move is in order. Man up and support your team or lose them to LA

A team in LA isnt going to sell out games unless they are winner .... Thats a proven fact. They havent been above to keep how many teams over the years ?!

I think we all know the NFL wants a team there. I feel for the city that loses their team to LA and maybe even worse , I feel for the teams who play in the division with that team that moves to LA .... I can easily envision some bias twards a team from LA because of the money to be made .... Not to mention the home of ESPN.

Norg 10-01-2012 12:24 AM

see ya JAGS LOL its been nice playing ya

if for one think the need to re shape the AFC south get the colts out of it there not een in the SOUTH !!!!!!!!!! i wonder if the Rams or dallas would be man enough to leave the NFC and join us oll texans :P

BattleRedToro 10-01-2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norg (Post 2025630)
see ya JAGS LOL its been nice playing ya

if for one think the need to re shape the AFC south get the colts out of it there not een in the SOUTH !!!!!!!!!! i wonder if the Rams or dallas would be man enough to leave the NFC and join us oll texans :P

Dallas isn't changing divisions, so you can forget about that. I could see the Rams, Raiders, or Chargers moving there since they all have some ties to LA. If the Rams move to LA, I could see a scenario where the Jaguars could then move to St. Louis.