Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Texan weaknesses (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94884)

badboy 09-26-2012 09:40 AM

Texan weaknesses

Titans will place us 1/4 thru schedule and should be a win. Hopefully, we will see some backups with Texans getting quality minutes. This team should only get better but I'm interested in what position(s) you think team is weak.

The battle at right guard has me optimistic and Harris may push Newton at right tackle. I still am a bit concerned who steps up if Quin does not re-sign at safety.

I hope we blow up Tennessee and Kubes allows yates to get some playing time second half. Your thoughts?

Vinnie 09-26-2012 09:42 AM

Re: Texan weaknesses

SPECIAL TEAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need to get this fixed ASAP, or we're in for a huge bite in the ass.

Allstar 09-26-2012 09:47 AM

Running the ball at the end of the game when we have a big lead could use some fine tuning.

76Texan 09-26-2012 09:48 AM

I wonder if they will activate Carmichael or Brandon Harris.
Neither have suited up for us.

I did see McCain at outside CB here and there, especially in the second game (third quarter.)
Even Ball was in there a snap or two.

Maybe we can try Ball at safety; after all, he did play there for Wade before.

badboy 09-26-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allstar (Post 2022399)
Running the ball at the end of the game when we have a big lead could use some fine tuning.

Would you want to see more of Fossett late in game or Tate?

gtexan02 09-26-2012 10:01 AM

Our defense didn't look very good against the hurry up offense, especially down the middle of the field, the past few weeks

paycheck71 09-26-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinnie (Post 2022393)
SPECIAL TEAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need to get this fixed ASAP, or we're in for a huge bite in the ass.

Exactly. Football Outsiders has the Texans ranked dead last in special teams through 3 games, and mentions that as the only reason the Texans aren't #1 overall in their rankings.

badboy 09-26-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 76Texan (Post 2022402)
I wonder if they will activate Carmichael or Brandon Harris.
Neither have suited up for us.

I did see McCain at outside CB here and there, especially in the second game (third quarter.)
Even Ball was in there a snap or two.

Maybe we can try Ball at safety; after all, he did play there for Wade before.

This would be a good game to see Harris and Roc but I think Wade wants Ball on field more. Harris needs to get some time to see if he will be Brice's replacement 2013.

buddyboy 09-26-2012 10:58 AM

-Special teams NEED to get better if we're hoping for a deep playoff run this season.

-Being able to pound the ball late in games with the lead, even when other teams know it's coming and are keying in on it is something we haven't showed yet. This could, and most likely is, a weakness of the offensive line.

-Pass rush from our outside line backers and production from Antonio will elevate this defense even higher than it is.

Hervoyel 09-26-2012 11:14 AM

I just want us to win the game. I don't care if we don't get to see a single backup. I think the Titans are going to be very up for this game and we better be too. When you're on top everybody gives you their best game.

Tailgate 09-26-2012 01:35 PM

Ben Jones, check. Now we need to get RT in check.

badboy 09-26-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckhouston (Post 2022463)
The Texans only weakness, are weak fans who believe the Texans have a weakness.

Okay, support your position by explaining the weaknesses mentioned so far as really strengths.

Scooter 09-26-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddyboy (Post 2022446)
-Special teams NEED to get better if we're hoping for a deep playoff run this season.

-Being able to pound the ball late in games with the lead, even when other teams know it's coming and are keying in on it is something we haven't showed yet. This could, and most likely is, a weakness of the offensive line.

-Pass rush from our outside line backers and production from Antonio will elevate this defense even higher than it is.

read my mind.

Thorn 09-26-2012 02:31 PM

We can't beat anyone by 70 points yet. If we can't beat anyone by at least 70 points the Texans are losers. We need to trade away everyone on the team for draft choices, and then fire all the coaches and staff. That'll show 'em. :bat:

CloakNNNdagger 09-26-2012 02:53 PM

We haven't yet proven ourselves to be able to avoid a loss in a trap game. I don't know if this is a weakness that we will show this year (as we have shown it in years past) since this last game against Peyton is really the first real high that we've come off of. But I am hoping that this will not be a problem.

badboy 09-26-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 2022610)
We haven't yet proven ourselves to be able to avoid a loss in a trap game. I don't know if this is a weakness that we will show this year (as we have shown it in years past) since this last game against Peyton is really the first real high that we've come off of. But I am hoping that this will not be a problem.

I want to see cold determination in all aspects of teams. If Titans score, Texans then march right down field and score. This is a game to dominate and in doing so allow some backups to taste a bit of the wine.

Double Barrel 09-26-2012 03:14 PM

Give Schaub more protection. Dude won't make it 16 games if he keeps taking a beating like he did last game.

This team has not been tested enough to really determine all of their weaknesses. We have yet to see them dig themselves out of a deficit, especially late in games.

SrslySirius 09-26-2012 03:32 PM

The Texans' biggest weakness? They're just too darn good! Hyuck hyuck!

CloakNNNdagger 09-26-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Barrel (Post 2022621)
Give Schaub more protection. Dude won't make it 16 games if he keeps taking a beating like he did last game.

This team has not been tested enough to really determine all of their weaknesses. We have yet to see them dig themselves out of a deficit, especially late in games.

Although we did see them almost dig themselves into a loss.

The Pencil Neck 09-26-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 2022632)
Although we did see them almost dig themselves into a loss.

They dug themselves a 5 point hole and then scored 21 points.