Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Grimes signed by Jets (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94869)

TejasTom 09-25-2012 02:03 PM

Grimes signed by Jets

Tania Ganguli is reporting the Jets signed Jonathan Grimes off our practice squad

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.

Seņor Stan 09-25-2012 02:04 PM

Re: Grimes signed by Jets

Dang it!!!

HOU-TEX 09-25-2012 02:10 PM

Hmm, geee, I wonder why. Rexxxy, you're soo sneaky.

Jackie Chiles 09-25-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOU-TEX (Post 2021902)

Using that roster spot from Revis I would imagine (although I assume you are pointing to us playing them in a couple weeks). Hopefully we can get him back at some point. They had put a claim on him earlier but it was conditional I believe so the interest has been there.

Playoffs 09-25-2012 02:22 PM

Won't see him in a Texan uniform again.

badboy 09-25-2012 02:23 PM

uh, oh. Ben Tate is smiling like a doggy with a big pork chop.

Ryan 09-25-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badboy (Post 2021922)
uh, oh. Ben Tate is smiling like a doggy with a big pork chop.

You lost me.

Vinny 09-25-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOU-TEX (Post 2021902)

I've been following the Jets RB situation and Shonn Green has no long speed and looks sluggish and their back ups are expansion quality. Grimes is a definite upgrade. He's gonna get some carries...you can bet on that.

HOU-TEX 09-25-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny (Post 2021926)
I've been following the Jets RB situation and Shonn Green has no long speed and looks sluggish and their back ups are expansion quality. Grimes is a definite upgrade. He's gonna get some carries...you can bet on that.

Probably, after they've held him in a room for a few hours breaking down our offense. Ha

Ryan 09-25-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOU-TEX (Post 2021930)
Probably, after they've held him in a room for a few hours breaking down our offense. Ha

"Uh, I run the ball that way on that play and Coach Kubiak told me not to f*ck it up"

Seriously doubt a practice squad rookie RB knows our offense as well as even Rex Ryan who's played us twice.

HOU-TEX 09-25-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan (Post 2021939)
"Uh, I run the ball that way on that play and Coach Kubiak told me not to f*ck it up"

Seriously doubt a practice squad rookie RB knows our offense as well as even Rex Ryan who's played us twice.

Maybe not, but I have no doubt they'll grill him anyways. Either way, we should be the crap out of them and I'll be giddy watchin Rex pout afterwards.

Doppelganger 09-25-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOU-TEX (Post 2021930)

Isn't our offense pretty obvious?

1) The Texans like to run the ball...a lot. They are effective at one cut and go running.

2) The Texans like to use playaction pass and will pass the ball down the field or will use shorter routes.

3) The Texans play a 3-4/4-3 1 gap hybrid defense and generally man coverage.

What are they really going to learn that they can't see on film and that which is not obvious?

Thorn 09-25-2012 03:01 PM

Why do people always bring this up when someone is signed away from us? They didn't sign Grimes to get our playbook, they signed Grimes because they need help at the RB position.

I knew this would happen. Grimes showed to much stuff in pre-season for someone hurting at RB to not sign him.

TimeKiller 09-25-2012 03:16 PM

Someone like Nolan to the Dolphins....maybe a playbook signing.

Grimes is too talented for BS.

Vinny 09-25-2012 03:19 PM

Unless Grimes can tell Rex how to rebuild Revis Island...the Jets are effed anyway. No more ultra-aggressive defense with an elite corner shutting down one side of the field. It's up to Sanchez and Tebow now.

Thorn 09-25-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny (Post 2021979)
It's up to Sanchez and Tebow now.

If that's true, then you almost have to feel sorry for them. :lol:

badboy 09-25-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan (Post 2021925)
You lost me.

There has been at least one lengthy thread about trading Tate. Some including me have said Grimes could be part of Foster/Fossett/Grimes in 2013. Removal of Grimes puts a bit more weight into keeping Tate thru his last contract year 2013.

Doppelganger 09-25-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimeKiller (Post 2021974)
Someone like Nolan to the Dolphins....maybe a playbook signing.

Grimes is too talented for BS.

I see that differently. Nolan played in the system, played against the offense and was on the team for years. Grimes just came by. I seriously doubt he can give them very much useful info.

Doppelganger 09-25-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Unless Grimes can tell Rex how to rebuild Revis Island...the Jets are effed anyway. No more ultra-aggressive defense with an elite corner shutting down one side of the field. It's up to Sanchez and Tebow now.

Remember a couple of seasons ago the Jets fans were drooling with the thoughts of signing Aso and having Aso on one side and Revis on the other. Remember how disappointed they were when they settled for Cromartie? Now its Cromartie and Kyle Wilson.

Vinny 09-25-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

It's up to Sanchez and Tebow now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 2021980)
If that's true, then you almost have to feel sorry for them. :lol:

Someone needs to photoshop them into Batman and Robin. I think Tebow is Batman and Sunchips is Robin. I know it's kinda bassackwards, but it works for me.