Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   The play clock ran down to Zero on Manning........ (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94793)

CloakNNNdagger 09-23-2012 08:14 PM

The play clock ran down to Zero on Manning........

..........on a 4th down play on his last touchdown series. No delay of game penalty was called and Manning completed that pass for a 1st down, giving the Broncos new life to go on to the make the Td.

Thorn 09-23-2012 08:15 PM

Re: The play clock ran down to Zero on Manning........

These replacement refs are just horrible.

wolf123 09-23-2012 08:17 PM

We were screaming about it too!!

TejasTom 09-23-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 2020182)
..........on a 4th down play on his last touchdown series. No delay of game penalty was called and Manning completed that pass for a 1st down, giving the Broncos new life to go on to the make the Td.

There was yelling about this in my household.

Corrosion 09-23-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 2020182)

He also stepped across the LOS on a play that was called interference .... That could have been huge. I saw Gary with the challenge flag , thought he was going to throw it .... but Im not sure if the PI call would have trumped it or they would have offset.

Scooter 09-23-2012 08:19 PM

there were also procedure calls not made. on a big reception by decker(?) in the first quarter he's moving forward at the snap as well as covering the tight end.

gwallaia 09-23-2012 08:20 PM

I've seen the regular refs miss delay of game calls quite frequently as well, but yeah, its time for the replacement refs to return to their various Pop Warner leagues.

ObsiWan 09-23-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrosion (Post 2020191)
He also stepped across the LOS on a play that was called interference .... That could have been huge. I saw Gary with the challenge flag , thought he was going to throw it .... but Im not sure if the PI call would have trumped it or they would have offset.

The rule on illegal fwd pass is that the QB's whole body has to be beyond the LoS before it's a penalty...
Sooooo...
:shrug:

Corrosion 09-23-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObsiWan (Post 2020198)
The rule on illegal fwd pass is that the QB's whole body has to be beyond the LoS before it's a penalty...
Sooooo...
:shrug:

Are you sure about that ? I thought it was the ball .... I know his front foot and arm were across .... I could have sworn I had seen that called before.

False Start 09-23-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf123 (Post 2020189)
We were screaming about it too!!

We were too. I was angry, lol.

Peyton is the NFL version of Jordan, he will get away with things that other players wont.

GP 09-23-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrosion (Post 2020202)
Are you sure about that ? I thought it was the ball .... I know his front foot and arm were across .... I could have sworn I had seen that called before.

Hey, this was also the SAME play as the play clock being zero.

Multiple things going on. Someone also pointed out that the WR actually offensive pass interfered on that play, not our Texans defender.

Three problems with that play, and it all went Denver's way.

CloakNNNdagger 09-23-2012 08:25 PM

There was another play where Manning was backed up and cornered between the tackles and threw away a short pass right down the middle in front of him which didn't make it to the LOS.........no intentional grounding called.

Allstar 09-23-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

It's the whole body. Every time the issue comes up, the announcer always says that.

Corrosion 09-23-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 2020205)
There was another play where Manning was cornered between the tackles and threw away a short right down the middle in front of him which didn't make it to the LOS.........no intentional grounding called.

He threw that one at the feet of Dreessen .... Was a smart play.

False Start 09-23-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 2020205)
There was another play where Manning was cornered between the tackles and threw away a short right down the middle in front of him which didn't make it to the LOS.........no intentional grounding called.

Yep. Me, my cousins, and Uncles were just shaking our head. We finally just said F it, and just accepted that's just the way it is with the forehead.

EllisUnit 09-23-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allstar (Post 2020207)
It's the whole body. Every time the issue comes up, the announcer always says that.

i just watched the replay and he was a good step in front of the LOS..... i saw that right away and it was B.S.

ObsiWan 09-23-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

I used to think that too. But it's actually the opposite. Saw it happen during a game last year - don't recall which one - where they had Mike Perrera (sp?) as one of the analysts. Perriera said explained that if the QB has even one foot behind the line when the ball is released, it's a legal pass.

Could have knocked me over with a feather

Premier 09-23-2012 08:39 PM

ive seen the real refs miss this call all the time, its like they count zero as a second..

5 Mississippi
4 Mississippi
3 Mississippi
2 Mississippi
1 Mississippi
0 Mississippi

HIKE!!!!!

Nawzer 09-23-2012 08:41 PM

I've noticed this problem in several games too. These replacements are in way over their heads and I don't blame them because they are just not trained or experienced enough. They really have to get the regular crew back to work.

Errant Hothy 09-23-2012 08:41 PM

When the clock hits 00 in the NFL it means 00.9 not 00.0. Its always been that way.