Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Schaub getting a Xray (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94790)

srrono 09-23-2012 07:09 PM

Schaub getting a Xray

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli

#Texans RT @PostBroncos: Matt Schaub getting something x-rayed

srrono 09-23-2012 07:16 PM

Re: Schaub getting a Xray

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis

Matt schaub going in for x rays - looks like rite elbow

amazing80 09-23-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srrono (Post 2020046)
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli

#Texans RT @PostBroncos: Matt Schaub getting something x-rayed

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :foottap:

looks like his right elbow

thunderkyss 09-23-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srrono (Post 2020064)
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis

Matt schaub going in for x rays - looks like rite elbow

That can't be rite.

TheMatrix31 09-23-2012 07:17 PM

Son of a ****ing *****. God help me if Schaub is injured AGAIN by THUGGERY.

Goatcheese 09-23-2012 07:17 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

texanhead08 09-23-2012 07:18 PM

They said he was going to the locker room in the first half and he was on the bench.

Hervoyel 09-23-2012 07:21 PM

Basically Del Rio's game plan for Schaub has always been to try and knock the snot out of him until he ceased to be effective or knock him out of the game entirely, whichever came first. He did the same thing today. Those two plays that resulted in 15 yard penalties and easily could have passed as felony assault were the Denver defense (read: Del Rio) deciding that they'd had enough of Matt's hot hand.

If fines don't come down for this it will be a travesty. I used to dread the Texans road game to Jacksonville for just this reason. Del Rio is a piece of excrement whose teams have always done this.

TexansFanatic 09-23-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hervoyel (Post 2020079)
If fines don't come down for this it will be a travesty.

I'm thinking whopper fines AND suspensions. I'd suspend Joe Mays for a freaking year.

EllisUnit 09-23-2012 07:24 PM

I saw schaub go into the locker room and was back on the field by the time the D got done. I watched him and he looked good. Chill people i'm sure its just precaution.

DX-TEX 09-23-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllisUnit (Post 2020090)
I saw schaub go into the locker room and was back on the field by the time the D got done. I watched him and he looked good. Chill people i'm sure its just precaution.

My thoughts exactly.

LikeMike 09-23-2012 07:26 PM

I was fearing this... But he looked fine out there at the end of the game, hope its just a precautionary measure. We need Matt to stay healthy!

HJam72 09-23-2012 07:26 PM

Personally, I think a couple late hits on Manning were in order and I'm not kidding. Ya wanna play that way? DO YA?!!?!?!?!?

bo orlando 09-23-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Basically Del Rio's game plan for Schaub was to try and knock the snot out of him until he ceased to be effective or knock him out of the game entirely, whichever came first. He did the same thing today. Those two plays that resulted in 15 yard penalties and easily could have passed as felony assault were the Denver defense (read: Del Rio) deciding that they'd had enough of Matt's hot hand.

If fines don't come down for this it will be a travesty. I used to dread the Texans road game to Jacksonville for just this reason. Del Rio is a piece of excrement whose teams have always done this.

While there were certainly some finable hits, I don't know how much you can criticize the strategy. Texans run a finesse offense with play-action on almost every play, running or passing. The downside for the Texans is that it creates a lot of slow-developing plays, and often leaves the quarterback vulnerable on rollouts. As a d-coordinator, why wouldn't you try to exploit this by pinning back your ears and going hard after the QB? Read and react, and you're going to get misdirected to death.

False Start 09-23-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

If fines don't come down for this it will be a travesty..

No doubt that hit that took his helmet off was just straight up trying to hurt him.

TheMatrix31 09-23-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HJam72 (Post 2020097)
Personally, I think a couple late hits on Manning were in order and I'm not kidding. Ya wanna play that way? DO YA?!!?!?!?!?

Screw that.

Hervoyel 09-23-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bo orlando (Post 2020101)
While there were certainly some finable hits, I don't know how much you can criticize the strategy. Texans run a finesse offense with play-action on almost every play, running or passing. The downside for the Texans is that it creates a lot of slow-developing plays, and often leaves the quarterback vulnerable on rollouts. As a d-coordinator, why wouldn't you try to exploit this by pinning back your ears and going hard after the QB? Read and react, and you're going to get misdirected to death.

It's been an effective strategy. I'm not questioning that. I like my NFL with QB's having to take hits just like the next guy. I'm just pointing out that over the years I've watched Del Rio coached teams and defenses now plant Matt's shoulder in the turf, hit him late over and over again, and basically walk the line between legal and illegal contact for years now. The man coaches a dirty defense and always has.

Hervoyel 09-23-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 (Post 2020111)
Screw that.

I agree, particularly since even mild contact with "His Peyton-ness" results in a 15 yard roughing the passer call. No sense rolling out the red carpet for him like that.

HJam72 09-23-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hervoyel (Post 2020119)
It's been an effective strategy. I'm not questioning that. I like my NFL with QB's having to take hits just like the next guy. I'm just pointing out that over the years I've watched Del Rio coached teams and defenses now plant Matt's shoulder in the turf, hit him late over and over again, and basically walk the line between legal and illegal contact for years now. The man coaches a dirty defense and always has.

And what have we done about it? :butterfly:

You don't wait too find out the league isn't going to do ****e because you are not a coastal team. You hurt somebody and make these coaches think three times, not just twice, before they pull that kind of crap on your team again.

HJam72 09-23-2012 07:42 PM

The way it ought to be, Peyton should have been refusing to go back out onto the field after what he saw them do to Schaub, out of fear for his own safety.