Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Nfl playbook drooling: Texans over broncs (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94766)

CloakNNNdagger 09-22-2012 09:08 AM

Nfl playbook drooling: Texans over broncs

This VIDEO will get you revved up like a deuce!

ObsiWan 09-22-2012 09:22 AM

Re: Nfl playbook drooling: Texans over broncs

I hope they're right.

b0ng 09-22-2012 10:20 AM

I watched this last night live and it was magical. Baldinger's analysis of all the different plays we run out of the same formation was great and I think it shows just how far the offense has come.

Remember the days when we said as long as we had an even average defense we would go pretty far in the NFL. Those days are upon us now and thensome since the defense is probably better than the offense is now.

Pantherstang84 09-22-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0ng (Post 2018470)
I watched this last night live and it was magical. Baldinger's analysis of all the different plays we run out of the same formation was great and I think it shows just how far the offense has come.

Remember the days when we said as long as we had an even average defense we would go pretty far in the NFL. Those days are upon us now and thensome since the defense is probably better than the offense is now.

The same guy that picked Jville last week. He was the color commentator during the OSU and LA Monroe game last week and was still crowing about how the Jags were going to beat Houston. He's a tool.

DexmanC 09-22-2012 10:46 AM

I'll never forget Baldinger chuckling at Mark Vandermeer a couple years
back when he was asked about the Texans' playoff chances (the interview
occurred near the end of the Texans 9-7 season.) Sterling Sharpe has ALWAYS
been a huge Texans' fan, and I'm sure he's glad the team doesn't embarrass
him every week like we once did.

It feels good the Texans are able to FORCE people to respect them now.
They still get less than 30 seconds of shine on ESPN, though.

b0ng 09-22-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DexmanC (Post 2018485)
I'll never forget Baldinger chuckling at Mark Vandermeer a couple years
back when he was asked about the Texans' playoff chances (the interview
occurred near the end of the Texans 9-7 season.) Sterling Sharpe has ALWAYS
been a huge Texans' fan, and I'm sure he's glad the team doesn't embarrass
him every week like we once did.

It feels good the Texans are able to FORCE people to respect them now.
They still get less than 30 seconds of shine on ESPN, though.

You have to admit, he was right to chuckle about the playoffs for the 2010 season though.

Carr Bombed 09-22-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 (Post 2018473)
The same guy that picked Jville last week. He was the color commentator during the OSU and LA Monroe game last week and was still crowing about how the Jags were going to beat Houston. He's a tool.

So you've never been wrong about anything before? Baldinger isn't a tool just because he picked the wrong horse.. he's picked Houston plenty of times in the past.

Pantherstang84 09-22-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr Bombed (Post 2018524)
So you've never been wrong about anything before? Baldinger isn't a tool just because he picked the wrong horse.. he's picked Houston plenty of times in the past.

I have been wrong before, but not on something as obvious as last week's game. Love ya some bent pinky if you want. Baldinger has always been a Texans hater. Has no credibility in my book.

drunkcookie 09-22-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0ng (Post 2018470)
Baldinger's analysis of all the different plays we run out of the same formation was great and I think it shows just how far the offense has come.

Yah...

Del Rio: Hey Joel, can i borrow you for a minute?

Dreesen: Sure, what's on your mind, coach?

Del Rio: Look at this formation...what plays do the Texans run out of this?

Dreesen: let's see...uhm...run right or left, pass short or deep, boot, reverse...

Del Rio: and what about this one?

Dreesen: anything they want...

Del Rio: this one?

Dreesen: anything! Look, unless you weren't paying attention twice a year in Jax, which is possible seeing you were fired, the Texans will run whatever they want out of whatever formation they want on any down-and-distance they want...anything else?

Del Rio: where can i get a drink?

badboy 09-22-2012 04:28 PM

Watt looked good that play but Antonio Smith was a locomotive and Barwin was there on right also. That is what's so great everyone on defense does his job. I imagine the DBs had something to do with QB holding the ball so long.

badboy 09-22-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkcookie (Post 2018626)
Yah...

Dreesen: let's see...uhm...run right or left, pass short or deep, boot, reverse...

Dreesen: anything! Look, unless you weren't paying attention twice a year in Jax, which is possible seeing you were fired, the Texans will run whatever they want out of whatever formation they want on any down-and-distance they want...anything else?

Awesome post!

Vinny 09-22-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 (Post 2018591)
I have been wrong before, but not on something as obvious as last week's game. Love ya some bent pinky if you want. Baldinger has always been a Texans hater. Has no credibility in my book.

Baldinger's exact quote is, "I don't know if they are really gonna upset them (the Texans) but...

He was buying into the Jags looking good more than hating the Texans. Just watch it yourself.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos...ans-vs-Jaguars

MEGA SWATT 09-22-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 2018456)
This VIDEO will get you revved up like a deuce!

Wow, I like it:clap:

Thorn 09-22-2012 06:27 PM

Ole Bent Finger is just like the rest of 'em, they just reading from a script. It's nice to hear them say nice things, instead of the crap we heard just a few years ago. But still, you can talk all the announcers on the planet and roll all their knowledge into one person and you still wouldn't have the game plan Kubes and company has set up for the whittle bittie horsies. :)

Oh yeah, Da Forehead can OFFICIALLY now kiss my ass 'cause his team isn't as good as the Texans.

Manning vs. Texans: :pop:

drs23 09-22-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkcookie (Post 2018626)
Yah...

That was pretty clever and humorous.

rep

silentassassin 09-22-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny (Post 2018651)
Baldinger's exact quote is, "I don't know if they are really gonna upset them (the Texans) but...

He was buying into the Jags looking good more than hating the Texans. Just watch it yourself.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos...ans-vs-Jaguars

Much of the animosity comes from Baldinger's attitude towards the Texans before. An example of that is a previous post in this thread talking about Vandermeer's interview with him.

610 had him on for an interview during the lockout summer in June or July. One of their teasers (or whatever) was about how he disliked the Texans.

Among Baldinger's points were about how they underachieved and he mentioned things he didn't like about Kubiak. While some of what he said was valid, I found it to be mostly petty and I still maintain that even though he might favor the Texans now, some of that is still there.

I think it comes down to context. For those of us that have heard him rip the Texans before(warranted or not), it's in the back of our minds everytime he talks about them.

Vinny 09-22-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentassassin (Post 2018712)
Much of the animosity comes from Baldinger's attitude towards the Texans before. An example of that is a previous post in this thread talking about Vandermeer's interview with him.

610 had him on for an interview during the lockout summer in June or July. One of their teasers (or whatever) was about how he disliked the Texans.

Among Baldinger's points were about how they underachieved and he mentioned things he didn't like about Kubiak. While some of what he said was valid, I found it to be mostly petty and I still maintain that even though he might favor the Texans now, some of that is still there.

I think it comes down to context. For those of us that have heard him rip the Texans before(warranted or not), it's in the back of our minds everytime he talks about them.

It's an opinion show...Plus he's right about how Houston has been an underachiever in the past. Still, he didn't come across as a hater there...he was wary of making the Jag pick.

all this homer stuff makes me goofy...its like partisan politics. ugh.

Thorn 09-22-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentassassin (Post 2018712)

Among Baldinger's points were about how they underachieved and he mentioned things he didn't like about Kubiak. While some of what he said was valid, I found it to be mostly petty and I still maintain that even though he might favor the Texans now, it's still in him.

I think that showed in his Jaguars pick.

many of us here on this board (as big a homers as we are sometimes) still have our doubts about the Texans and Kubiak. I don't buy into the 12 or more win season myself, but I do buy into another AFCS Championship.

However, if they keep kicking ass like they did the first two games, that 12 or more win season could certainly look a lot more attainable. I need to see them pull it off against better teams than Miami and the Kittens. They beat up on Denver like that, and then waste the Titans, and I'll be smokin' and dunkin' the homer doughnuts myself.

silentassassin 09-22-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny (Post 2018716)
It's an opinion show...Plus he's right about how Houston has been an underachiever in the past. Still, he didn't come across as a hater there...he was wary of making the Jag pick.

all this homer stuff makes me goofy...its like partisan politics. ugh.

That's a good one.

I agree it's petty on my part too. I'm no psychologist or anything, but I think the desire for recognition/respect from the media part has a lot to do with the team not living up to expectations many times in the past.

Things have changed now, and I've become much more rational about criticism or straight up hate that the Texans receive.

Vinny 09-22-2012 07:13 PM

I knee jerk a bit myself...for the record of course. :)