Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Vince Young is broke and out of work (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94692)

stingray 09-19-2012 04:58 AM

Vince Young is broke and out of work

Blew all his money. Can't say I feel sorry for him.

http://www.nfl.com/goto?id=0ap1000000063793

PapaL 09-19-2012 05:11 AM

Well...Reggie suddenly learned how to play RB, maybe VY can suddenly learn to play QB?

gwallaia 09-19-2012 07:51 AM

Re: Vince Young is broke and out of work

I wonder if Vince can dance? Perhaps he could audition for Dancing With the Stars.:elmo:

gtexan02 09-19-2012 07:55 AM

$26 million is more than almost anyone will make in a lifetime. It's the equivalent of being paid $600k a year for your entire working life. How can you blow that so fast? That's insane.

As to his spending, I once saw him buying some bling at a local jewelry shop. His stuff wasn't as bad as what tank Johnson was buying but it was still fairly insanely expensive

HoustonFrog 09-19-2012 07:57 AM

"Dollar Bills Please"

http://imageshack.us/a/img854/8783/v...nk2400x300.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Showtime100 09-19-2012 07:57 AM

I can't say anything bad about him right now. Yeah, a fool and his money and all, but I feel for him because of the financial deceleration trauma he's getting ready to experience. :D

Dutchrudder 09-19-2012 08:50 AM

I don't think all of his money was wasted in the typical fashion. 17.5 million is a lot to have disappear on anyone.

Quote:

The lawsuit contends that $5.5 million of Young's money is lost, while nearly $12 million is "untraceable." The suit says Adams and Young kept a mutual account, and that some of the quarterback's money was used to pay off Adams' personal debt. There are charges that more loans and lines of credit were agreed to without Young's knowledge. The suit states that one line of credit worth up to $500,000 was secured by someone impersonating Young on a phone call, and that a loan of more than $1 million was finalized via a fake email account.

The suit claims the Internal Revenue Service audited Young from 2006-08 and found there was $3 million of income from endorsement deals that hadn't been reported. Young paid an additional $1.3 million in taxes on that amount in 2011.
http://www.statesman.com/sports/long...r-2398410.html

steelbtexan 09-19-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 2016587)
I don't think all of his money was wasted in the typical fashion. 17.5 million is a lot to have disappear on anyone.

I dont feel sorry for VY. It was his decision to get in bed with a guy like Adams. Is Reliant still VY/Fanboys house?

Wonder if VY would be willing to either bulk up and become a TE? Or become a WR? Making some $$$$ is better than making none.

On second thought I couldn't see VY's ego letting him make a position change. So, broke he will be.

StarStruck 09-19-2012 09:19 AM

I don't have enough information to assess blame. Based on the lawsuit it appear the his advisor could have done business similar to Allen Stanford or Bernie Madoff. It's one thing to squander money, yet another to be wiped out by someone you trust steal from you.

TheMatrix31 09-19-2012 09:30 AM

Good. I'm GLAD he's broke. He's worthless and he's a loser.

How anyone could have the God-given talents he has and COMPLETELY blow them AND the MILLIONS of dollars he got just for being a top draft pick is ****ing beyond me.

**** him.

jaayteetx 09-19-2012 09:33 AM

Just got back from Clearwater, Fl and as I was finished checking in and walking up to to my room, who do I see? VY himself. It was Sunday and I was sporting my Texans t-shirt, I'm sure he was praying I would leave him be, which I did. My wife spotted him later at the beach also, hanging with his fam and enjoying his Sunday like the rest of us shmoes with no NFL gig.

StarStruck 09-19-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaayteetx (Post 2016611)
Just got back from Clearwater, Fl and as I was finished checking in and walking up to to my room, who do I see? VY himself. It was Sunday and I was sporting my Texans t-shirt, I'm sure he was praying I would leave him be, which I did. My wife spotted him later at the beach also, hanging with his fam and enjoying his Sunday like the rest of us shmoes with no NFL gig.

Since VY is from Houston, he probably would have been gracious. The fact that the Texans didn't draft him has probably worn off by now. There are a number of pro athletes that were drafted to a team, but still a long time fan of another except when they play each other.

Hookem Horns 09-19-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaayteetx (Post 2016611)

You weren't watching the Texans game?? You were in Florida. You could have rode up to Jax with me. ;)

The1ApplePie 09-19-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 (Post 2016610)
Good. I'm GLAD he's broke. He's worthless and he's a loser.

How anyone could have the God-given talents he has and COMPLETELY blow them AND the MILLIONS of dollars he got just for being a top draft pick is ****ing beyond me.

**** him.

Some times you have to love the Texans fanbase. Still butthurt over VY and Reggie, hate Mario now because he's with a different team, wish nothing but bad things for every ex-Texan who isn't named DeMeco.

:toropalm:

Fred 09-19-2012 09:51 AM

Hopefully he saved a couple of empty Tequila bottles so he can remember the good times.

Hookem Horns 09-19-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The1ApplePie (Post 2016624)
Some times you have to love the Texans fanbase. Still butthurt over VY and Reggie, hate Mario now because he's with a different team, wish nothing but bad things for every ex-Texan who isn't named DeMeco.

Personally I have no issue with any of those guys, not even Vince.

However the VY fanboys STILL making ridiculous excuses for him and STILL hating the Texans for not drafting him annoy me to no end. So Vince failing only makes them look more stupid than they already are.

Also, VY's ego and non willingness to work put him where he is. So no I do not feel sorry for him.

gtexan02 09-19-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 2016587)

There are a lot of "untraceable" ways to lose money, including gambling, drugs, women, cash payments for stuff, etc

ChampionTexan 09-19-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The1ApplePie (Post 2016624)

First, I don't think the "hating" of players who move on is limited to the Texans fanbase by any stretch of the imagination. I view that as within the confines of the game of football, and not extending to the personal life of the players involved. It may not be the most mature, logical position to take, but we are talking about football fans here.

In terms wishing ill personally on VY, I like to think that's one seriously misguided poster and not a representation of the Texans fanbase as a whole.

Dutchrudder 09-19-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelbtexan (Post 2016597)
I dont feel sorry for VY. It was his decision to get in bed with a guy like Adams. Is Reliant still VY/Fanboys house?

Wonder if VY would be willing to either bulk up and become a TE? Or become a WR? Making some $$$$ is better than making none.

On second thought I couldn't see VY's ego letting him make a position change. So, broke he will be.

So how exactly is VY supposed to know that his agent and financial adviser were going to be thieves? I don't see how you could not feel sorry for him if he was genuinely a victim of these guys. There are millions of people out there who have been effected by guys like Madoff, Stanford, etc, and it's not the customer's fault.

Stemp 09-19-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 2016648)
So how exactly is VY supposed to know that his agent and financial adviser were going to be thieves?

Taking an active interest in your finances and questioning how it is being used.

And if you have any concerns, having a third party review your books.