Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Week 3 power rankings (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94667)

HTown2ATX 09-18-2012 03:35 PM

Week 3 power rankings

We know this is just for fun....thoughts....

Fox Sports

Yahoo! Sports

ESPN

SB Nation

CBS Sports

:htown2atx: :tiphat:

The Pencil Neck 09-18-2012 03:46 PM

Re: Week 3 power rankings

This is all nice and everything but we've got a lot of football to play. Like several people have mentioned, we've beaten the Dolphins and the Jaguars -- two teams people aren't expecting to make the play-offs. And while it's great to beat the tar out of the guys you're supposed to beat, let's see what we do when the competition gets stiffer.

Tailgate 09-18-2012 03:50 PM

If we let Manning beat us, then its going to be a while til we get this sort of acclaim again. Conversely, if we can beat Denver... And handle Tenn which we should. Its going to take alot of my productivity to keep up w all of the pub that would be coming our way.

Corrosion 09-18-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTown2ATX (Post 2016138)
We know this is just for fun....thoughts....

Fox Sports

Yahoo! Sports

ESPN

SB Nation

CBS Sports

:htown2atx: :tiphat:

With the exception of SB .... Thats what I expected to see.

San Fran has looked rock solid and belongs #1.

The Texans almost move to #2 by default because only they and San Diego remain undefeated in the AFC , not that they dont deserve the spot.

Mailman 09-18-2012 04:16 PM

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/stats/

Their rankings had the Texans #1 overall last year, too.

I think the CHFF guys are ahead of their peers. I'm convinced the Texans would've been playing for the Lombardi Trophy last year had Schaub not been injured.

The Texans imo are the most balanced, complete team in the NFL. This team has a solid defense that gets pressure on the quarterback and forces turnovers with an offense that can beat you on the ground or through the air and does it with efficient, time-consuming drives.

Someone pass the party punch!

Tailgate 09-18-2012 04:27 PM

If we don't go 6-0 vs the AFC South wtf?

Thorn 09-18-2012 04:44 PM

I just think it's bad kharma to be rated this high. It's making me nervous as hell.

TexanSam 09-18-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mailman (Post 2016166)
http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/stats/

Their rankings had the Texans #1 overall last year, too.

I think the CHFF guys are ahead of their peers. I'm convinced the Texans would've been playing for the Lombardi Trophy last year had Schaub not been injured.

The Texans imo are the most balanced, complete team in the NFL. This team has a solid defense that gets pressure on the quarterback and forces turnovers with an offense that can beat you on the ground or through the air and does it with efficient, time-consuming drives.

Someone pass the party punch!

I love who's at #32 in their rankings.

TejasTom 09-18-2012 05:02 PM

PFT

Quote:

2. Texans (one first-place vote):* The first two weeks have been like a major-college schedule for the Texans, with Miami and Jacksonville playing the role of Savannah State and Arkansas State.
The rest of the AFC South.
Quote:

25. Colts:* Wee wun ar gaim!* TRADES WINDZ STILL BLOWING!!!!!* HATPICKKC!

29. Titans:* Who’s the idiot who picked this team to win the AFC South?

31. Jaguars:* Shahid Khan’s train is still stuck in the station.

Mike Florio calling his self out.

gwallaia 09-18-2012 05:05 PM

These rankings will help the Texans get into a BCS Bowl at the end of the season.

markn 09-18-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tailgate (Post 2016177)

I'm not entirely convinced that the colts are going to be the push-over that seems to be universally agreed. We're oh-and-lots still at their place. Let's not get too cocky.

HOU-TEX 09-18-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markn (Post 2016212)
I'm not entirely convinced that the colts are going to be the push-over that seems to be universally agreed. We're oh-and-lots still at their place. Let's not get too cocky.

We play the Colts in weeks 15 and 17. Hopefully these two won't make a bit of difference whether we win or lose

toronto 09-18-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markn (Post 2016212)

As a Titan fan I look at my team then yours and think you can get cocky. Your team is HEAD and SHOULDERS in this division. Your concern is homefield period. Unless of course Schaub, Foster, Tate, Watt and Barwin all get hurt on Sunday. Then yeah, you got issues.

DX-TEX 09-18-2012 08:50 PM

http://pro32.ap.org/poll

AP Pro 32 power rankings up. Texans at #2 with one first place vote which I believe is coming from a Dallas sportswriter.

Scooter 09-18-2012 10:55 PM

funny that the top 2 teams are built VERY similarly. strong on defense, with the 49'ers leaning more run and the texans more pass. 3 and out as well as turnovers from both defenses. two of the best ground games (texans with the best ground game) and good "safe" quarterbacks who fit the system. i wont call either a game manager, but neither is a slinger like stafford or rodgers. the only real difference is at receiver where we have the top talent, but they have more talent.

easily the most complete teams in football, with the ravens, falcons, broncos and packers in that next tier of having almost everything.

TexansFanatic 09-19-2012 01:28 AM

In 2005 the USC Trojans and the Texas Longhorns were rated #1 and #2 respectively the entire season and then met, finally, in the national championship matchup, at which time the #2 rated team beat the #1 rated team.

I would dearly love to watch that scenario unfold here.

Fingers crossed.

noxiousdog 09-19-2012 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tailgate (Post 2016177)

Even if we had a 90% chance to win each of those games, there's only a roughly 45% chance to win all 6. (Though since there's only 5 left, we are up to a 55% chance.)

kwayshauntay 09-19-2012 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter (Post 2016434)
funny that the top 2 teams are built VERY similarly. strong on defense, with the 49'ers leaning more run and the texans more pass.

Actually the Texans rely more on the run than the 49ers.

49ers have run the ball 59 times (48% of their plays)

Texans have run the ball 83 times (55% of their plays). The Texans' 83 rushing attempts is the most in the league at the moment.

Scooter 09-19-2012 02:56 AM

i meant defensively. the 49'ers have the best run defense and a really good pass defense, texans with the best pass defense and a really good run defense.

you're right though that we're the offensive rushing team, and the best IMO. the 49'ers numbers will be closer as they play some cupcakes, but i doubt many (if any) will run the ball as often as the texans.

kwayshauntay 09-19-2012 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter (Post 2016532)
i meant defensively. the 49'ers have the best run defense and a really good pass defense, texans with the best pass defense and a really good run defense.

you're right though that we're the offensive rushing team, and the best IMO. the 49'ers numbers will be closer as they play some cupcakes, but i doubt many (if any) will run the ball as often as the texans.

ahh ok got it.