Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Jonathan Joseph overpaid? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94638)

dream_team 09-17-2012 11:24 AM

Jonathan Joseph overpaid?
 
Forbes released a list titled "NFL's Most Overpaid Players", and I was surprised to see Jonathan Joseph on there.

What you guys think, agree or disagree?

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eddf4...gallerycontent

Yankee_In_TX 09-17-2012 11:26 AM

Re: Jonathan Joseph overpaid?
 
Do you remember our secondary before he and Manning?

dc_txtech 09-17-2012 11:27 AM

Re: Jonathan Joseph overpaid?
 
I think whoever came up with that list doesn't know what they're talking about.

The Pencil Neck 09-17-2012 11:28 AM

Re: Jonathan Joseph overpaid?
 
:vincepalm:

Totally disagree. I don't care about pro bowls or all pro selections, I care about how important he is to our team. And he's DAMNED important to our team.

And I disagree with Vernon Davis being on that list, too.

beerlover 09-17-2012 11:30 AM

Re: Jonathan Joseph overpaid?
 
with exception of Joseph this is a pretty solid list, might want to change out Jonathan with Jay Cutler :vincepalm:

dc_txtech 09-17-2012 11:31 AM

Re: Jonathan Joseph overpaid?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck (Post 2015312)
:vincepalm:

Totally disagree. I don't care about pro bowls or all pro selections, I care about how important he is to our team. And he's DAMNED important to our team.

And I disagree with Vernon Davis being on that list, too.

Vernon Davis dominated that game last night, whether it was as a receiver or a blocker he looked like an all pro.

TheIronDuke 09-17-2012 11:31 AM

Re: Jonathan Joseph overpaid?
 
What a joke. MW isn't even on there but Joseph is?

Trail.Blazr 09-17-2012 11:31 AM

Re: Jonathan Joseph overpaid?
 
In a league where everyone is grossly overpaid, Joseph, McFadden and Vernon Davis don't belong on that list.

Mr. Texan 09-17-2012 11:41 AM

Re: Jonathan Joseph overpaid?
 
how the hell is nnamdi asomugha not on this list?

or chris johnson

Say Watt 09-17-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trail.Blazr (Post 2015318)
In a league where everyone is grossly overpaid, Joseph, McFadden and Vernon Davis don't belong on that list.

I'd argue McFadden deserves to be on there. I mean staying on the field is what he gets paid to do and he doesn't do that near enough. He is great when he plays. But he plays far too little for what he is paid.

Double Barrel 09-17-2012 11:54 AM

Re: Jonathan Joseph overpaid?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheIronDuke (Post 2015317)
What a joke. MW isn't even on there but Joseph is?

QFT. Any list that does not include MW cannot be taken seriously.

SAMURAITEXAN 09-17-2012 12:00 PM

Re: Jonathan Joseph overpaid?
 
No!

Trail.Blazr 09-17-2012 12:04 PM

Re: Jonathan Joseph overpaid?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Say Watt (Post 2015338)
I'd argue McFadden deserves to be on there. I mean staying on the field is what he gets paid to do and he doesn't do that near enough. He is great when he plays. But he plays far too little for what he is paid.

But I don't think I can fault the Raiders for that one. They paid out based on his talent, with an assumption that he'd be on the field more often than not. I see this more as a situation where McFadden has "underplayed".

If we can agree on the difference between underperformed vs. underplayed, then I think we can agree that the Raiders didn't so much as over pay, than McFadden underplayed.

Either way, he does make more money than he's earned ;-) I'll concede that.

But, where in the heck is Mario Williams on this list?

Corrosion 09-17-2012 12:05 PM

Re: Jonathan Joseph overpaid?
 
They are entertainers .... they are all overpaid IMO. :kitten:

silentassassin 09-17-2012 12:10 PM

Re: Jonathan Joseph overpaid?
 
Check out the list's reason for Joseph:

Quote:

2012 salary: $9.75 million Terrific last season, but the corner drafted in the first round in 2006 has started a full 16-game season once (2009) and been named All-Pro once (2011).
The fact that he was named all-pro/pro-bowler last season with the Texans speaks to how valuable he is to this team.

I can't exactly remember his injury situation last year, but I don't recall a game that he missed due to injury. Perhaps he sat out in the last game of the season? Still, he played in 15 regular season games last year.

Whoever picked Joseph for the list did so without any context.

dream_team 09-17-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentassassin (Post 2015354)
Check out the list's reason for Joseph:



The fact that he was named all-pro/pro-bowler last season with the Texans speaks to how valuable he is to this team.

I can't exactly remember his injury situation last year, but I don't recall a game that he missed due to injury. Perhaps he sat out in the last game of the season? Still, he played in 15 regular season games last year.

Whoever picked Joseph for the list did so without any context.

He would have played 16 games last season if we cared about winning that last game at all. Whoever wrote this article obviously knows nothing about football.

2slik4u 09-17-2012 01:03 PM

Re: Jonathan Joseph overpaid?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dream_team (Post 2015305)
Forbes released a list titled "NFL's Most Overpaid Players", and I was surprised to see Jonathan Joseph on there.

What you guys think, agree or disagree?

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eddf4...gallerycontent

I just went to the link and didnt see Joseph on there???

I did however see Owen Daniels but no Joesph or Mcfadden for that matter.

CretorFrigg 09-17-2012 01:03 PM

Re: Jonathan Joseph overpaid?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrosion (Post 2015350)
They are entertainers .... they are all overpaid IMO. :kitten:

They're only overpaid because we, the fans, allow them to be.

:smiliepalm:

I'm a sucker.

bhsman 09-17-2012 01:04 PM

Re: Jonathan Joseph overpaid?
 
It's pretty simple: whoever wrote this did so incompetently or did so as to troll for discussion, and going by this thread it looks like it was successful.

TheIronDuke 09-17-2012 01:08 PM

Re: Jonathan Joseph overpaid?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2slik4u (Post 2015378)
I just went to the link and didnt see Joseph on there???

I did however see Owen Daniels but no Joesph or Mcfadden for that matter.

Yeah I just clicked the link again and it's completely different. Now it's showing overpaid players from last season.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger